You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 17th September, 2007, 09:24 AM
Holy Shit!!

!play or !player wasnt working in the last release.....!spec was fine duno what u fixed but ill test

Unread 20th September, 2007, 03:00 AM
Dominating

Default AutoTeamBalance-1.2

New release! http://neuralyte.org/~joey/ut/AutoTeamBalance-1.2.zip

The maths is improved, for a more relative player ranking, but only testing will show whether it really works or not. Read on...
  • I added bRelativeNormalisation, which defaults to True. Now instead of normalising player strengths around an average of 50 when updating stats for each game, it normalises around the average strength of players on the server. So you will gain more strength from playing against strong players than against weak players. (I hope this will not cause scores to run away too high, if stronger players play on the server more often than weaker players. But even if they do, I guess they will stay relative. We'll see during testing...)

• The annoying shaking and buzzing on bWarnMidGameUnbalance are now optional, and off by default. You can even turn off the bFlashWarning, so the message will only appear in the chat area.

• When a player is moved to a different team during mid-game rebalancing, the move is broadcast to all players, for clarity.

• Added player commands: "!vote" to pop-up mapvote, and "!stats" to bring up SmartCTFStats.

Remember, if you upgrade to this new release of AutoTeamBalance, the next time it writes to AutoTeamBalance.ini, the new options will appear at the very bottom of the file, below the player stats. You can move them up to the top if you wish, when you edit the config file.

Some things I may try to improve in the future:
  • bRelativeNormalisation should probably exclude player X's strength from the average-strength-of-current-players when updating player X's strength record.

• Change the initial balancing method away from a pick-up style? Most notably in 3v2 instagib, the strongest player and the two weakest will be put together, against the two middle-strength players. That seems unfair: it might be better if the strongest player and weakest player are up against the 3 others. But since it really depends on the relative strengths of those players, maybe ATB should try to make the total team strengths as equal as possible at the start, like it does during mid-game balancing.

• Hehe, roger that Pizzaman. I'm guessing the team with 0 players has more captures, so it's reluctant to give that team any more players. I'll work on a solution to that. In the meantime, you could set FlagStrength to 0. (Otherwise, maybe those players have negative strengths ... pfff rofl noobs!)

(scarface, w.r.t. TeamSwitcher, I had been using MutatorTeamMessage() to catch messages from players, but had forgotten that I needed to implement MutatorBroadcastMessage() to catch messages from spectators.)

By the way, I would like to promote the PubliciseScore mutator, because I think it's really quite useful. And I have a few other mutators I would like to share: PostBox, ActorEditor, SuperBoost, TeamSwitcher, ArenaFallback, TranslocBots, CrouchBlocksDamage... Do you think I should make a separate thread for each one? Or would that be stealing too much space from unrealadmin's hard-drive?

Last edited by nogginBasher : 20th September, 2007 at 03:24 AM.
Unread 20th September, 2007, 07:57 AM
Holy Shit!!

I'll check out this new version

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginBasher View Post
I'm guessing the team with 0 players has more captures, so it's reluctant to give that team any more players. I'll work on a solution to that. In the meantime, you could set FlagStrength to 0.
Actually it was TDM.
Unread 20th September, 2007, 09:30 AM
Holy Shit!!

u cud just update them all here can the teamswitcher be developed with any new additions to the autoteambalance?

Unread 20th September, 2007, 11:45 AM
Godlike

Quote:
By the way, I would like to promote the PubliciseScore mutator, because I think it's really quite useful. And I have a few other mutators I would like to share: PostBox, ActorEditor, SuperBoost, TeamSwitcher, ArenaFallback, TranslocBots, CrouchBlocksDamage... Do you think I should make a separate thread for each one?
Definitely.

Just tried and installed PubliciseScore. Edited the text a bit so it will show "Waiting for players..." when the server is empty and a nicer format for the Red/Blue score in teamgames. Basically the stuff you commented out

If you are running out of ideas.... I'm still looking for a cool serveractor that will display statistics at the start of a match. Say the top 3 most addicted players (who spend the most time on the server), perhaps extend that with the most skilled (obtained from the TeamBalancer ini) etc..
Another idea: !seen. As in "when was <playername> last seen on the server". You might remember that from IRC... could work in UT

Last edited by adminthis : 21st September, 2007 at 10:52 PM.
Unread 21st September, 2007, 05:17 PM
Holy Shit!!

I tested the latest AutoTeamBalance. Some remarks:

1. I have bBroadcastCookies=False, despite of this it still displays for each players how many 'cookies' they gained/lost. Can this be fixed?

2, There are some paradox situations, e.g.:
http://hsc-clan.hu/files/Shot0082.JPG

When I type 'teams' it refuses to help red, because they are already stronger.
(I have bForceEvenTeams=False, maybe setting this to true would fix this, but that could lead to the abuse of constant team-switching.)

Thanks in advance!
Unread 22nd September, 2007, 01:40 PM
Godlike

Also a bug report: midgame it will say "teams look uneven, type !teams or !red". However, it doesn't respond to !teams (people typed that like ten times). Only once someone typed !red, teams were balanced.

This is probably because even though teams were UNEVEN, they were still in balance by skill?

Edit: same as bug #2 [BSC]MasterJohnny. I have now returned to bForceEvenTeams=True, which moves players unasked, but works best.

Last edited by adminthis : 22nd September, 2007 at 03:00 PM.
Unread 22nd September, 2007, 03:55 PM
Killing Spree

i played on a server i think had this mod.

about 3 mins in i was whacked to the other team and got a -1 because of it.
Unread 23rd September, 2007, 05:23 AM
Dominating

IMPORTANT: If you are running this mod for non-CTF games which have team scores (e.g. DOM and TDM), please set FlagStrength to 0. (Or 1 or 2 might be ok.) The mod was originally designed for CTF, where team scores are low, but in DOM and TDM, FlagStrength multiplied by the difference in team scores will be much larger. Setting it low will do no harm in any gametype; FlagStrength is just an attempt to compensate for errors in player strengths, by also looking at team success during mid-game balancing. The default is now 0 in my working copy, until I work out a CTF/non-CTF specific fix.

[BSC]MasterJohnny, set bFlashCookies to False.

Well, it seems you found the reason why bWarnOnMidGameUnbalance is disabled by default.

adminthis, you are right, teams may be uneven in terms of number-of-players, causing the warning, but they may be even in terms of team-strength, if the smaller team has strong players, and high team-score (which gets multiplied by FlagStrength). In this situation, AutoTeamBalance may be unable to find a player weak enough to switch to the smaller but stronger team. Setting FlagStrength to 0 will remove the influence of team-score, but if the strength-difference of players on your server is high, it's still occasionally possible to get stuck in this situation.

I guess the solution is to swap 2 (or 3) players to different teams, although that's quite disruptive to the game, which is why ATB does not currently do it. However, players can achieve it by doing "!red" and then "!teams" (or a semi-admin can fix it with "mutate forceteams"). But maybe I should force a 2/3 player swap in the code, when moving just 1 player will not work. Alternatively we could disable the warning, and let the 2 strong players battle against 4 noobies.

If you guys are still getting this kind of problem after setting FlagStrength to 0/1, please send the output of "mutate strengths", to help me debug. ^^ But I suspect it will be the situation described above.

Finally, if you are getting the warning when number-of-players are even, and it can't find two players to swap, then wow you have strong players on your server! Increase StrengthThreshold to prevent the warning.

!C3, I feel terribly guilty for having ruined your stats with that -1, so just for you, I am going to force AutoTeamBalance to give +1 score to a player before they get moved to the other team, to compensate for the suicide. If you don't like being auto-balanced, ask the server admin to set bForceEvenTeams to False. Then you can only be moved when a player requests "!teams" (provided bLetPlayersRebalance is True).
Unread 23rd September, 2007, 09:17 AM
Holy Shit!!

I had:
bBroadcastCookies=False
bFlashCookies=False, and it is still displayed. It must be a bug.

I'll try setting FlagStrength to 0 for the other problem and let you know.
Unread 24th September, 2007, 01:25 PM
Holy Shit!!

noggin, any chance of getting a new release on teamswitcher? apologies if u are already working on one, but jsut a reminder that !play (from spec) and !vote need to be added

thanks for ur help dawg its helped alot so far and is proving to be a popular, convienient mod good fudgin job

Unread 27th September, 2007, 01:27 AM
Dominating

scarface, check http://neuralyte.org/~joey/ut/TeamSwitcher-0.2.zip - it has !vote and !play (but not !stats)

Master_Johnny, I fear that you are still running version 1.0 - please update your .u file from the 1.1 or 1.2 zip
Unread 27th September, 2007, 05:24 AM
Holy Shit!!

I have:
126 Sep 21 06:23 AutoTeamBalance.int
178814 Sep 21 06:23 AutoTeamBalance.u

Is it only me?
Unread 27th September, 2007, 07:28 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BSC]MasterJohnny View Post
I have:
126 Sep 21 06:23 AutoTeamBalance.int
178814 Sep 21 06:23 AutoTeamBalance.u

Is it only me?
Rename (backup) AutoTeamBalance.ini and let AutoTeamBalance create a new one for you. While you're at it, just copy over the latest version just to be sure. See if that works for you
Unread 27th September, 2007, 04:18 PM
Holy Shit!!

this version is GREAT! but teamswitcher gives a mismatch iv renamed it myself just on the physical file im not sure if this will work for everyone...seems to work for me but thank you thank you so much

Last edited by SoNY_scarface : 27th September, 2007 at 04:28 PM.
Unread 27th September, 2007, 06:09 PM
Unstoppable

This is a nice mutator. But the source code is difficult to read . Also many comment increase the size of u file.
Unread 27th September, 2007, 07:15 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
This is a nice mutator. But the source code is difficult to read . Also many comment increase the size of u file.
Good thing it isn't a serverpackage, or i'd be fucked
Unread 2nd October, 2007, 08:00 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BSC]MasterJohnny View Post
1. I have bBroadcastCookies=False, despite of this it still displays for some players how many 'cookies' they gained/lost. Can this be fixed?
The only way to make them disappear is setting bBroadcastStuff=False. It must be bugged somehow, I tested on 2 different servers.
Unread 3rd October, 2007, 02:50 PM
Rampage

Quote:
destination6, it will only act on "!teams" if it can make the teams fairer; once teams are as even as possible, it will refuse to make any more changes, until a player joins or leaves the game, or until some captures cause the team-strength difference to exceed StrengthThreshold.

If players are abusing "!teams", you could try increasing MinSecondsBeforeRebalance, or lowering FlagStrength to 0.

Alternatively, disable bLetPlayersRebalance, set a SemiAdminPass, and tell trusted players to type "mutate teams <pass>" in the console when teams are uneven.
I will consider adding extra functionality, such as MinimumStrengthDifferenceBeforeRebalancing, or MinimumRequestsBeforeRebalancing.
knew this other possibilities already and i dont think they are good alternatives to having a minimumrequest setting at least not for me :F
Unread 13th October, 2007, 08:38 AM
Dominating

destination6, they were just easier (and tidier) for me to implement

I finally found that little bug, where if bBroadcastStuff is set, it was broadcasting who lost X cookies (but only who earned X cookies if bBroadcastCookies was set). Sorry for doubting you - I looked over that code 3 different times before I saw the typo! For now, the only fix is indeed to disable bBroadcastStuff. This is now fixed in release 1.3.

Last edited by nogginBasher : 22nd October, 2007 at 09:38 AM.