You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 29th June, 2006, 10:22 PM
Rampage

Default Epic not helping...

I recently was globally banned by Epic. I emailed them as to why and the response was "That key was banned for cheating by a player named
"***" playing from ip *.*.*.*".

I emailed them back asking what proof/evidence do they have that I was cheating and I have not received a response. This is extremely frustrating and makes me want to take legal action against them. I paid for this game, I am good at it, (enough that demo servers have people calling me a botter), and this is absurd that I can't use my game online. I never violated the EULA and Epic can't provide a shred of proof of me 'cheating'm BECAUSE I NEVER DID.

Can anyone here help me?

Any phone numbers that I can contact them directly instead of "[email protected]"?

I'm beginning to believe Epic is a fraudulent company and just goes about banning people and basically stealing their money because of someones accusation of them botting, so they lose all that their game is practically worth.

Last edited by flowrush : 29th June, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
Unread 29th June, 2006, 10:56 PM
Godlike

Flowrush,

With all due respect to your feeling of being cheated because, perhaps, your copy of UT2004 got spoofed and used by botters and no one will do anything about it.

First off, I have been sued before and I have sued other people. If you have $20,000 - $40,000 to throw down the drain to force them to give you a game or issue you a new GUID, then you need a brain check man. The only damage to you is just the price of the game, period. That is all you can sue them for.

You can buy a new game on the internet for $10. Save yourself some grief and just buy a new game and go about your business.
Unread 29th June, 2006, 11:35 PM
Rampage

Well that really sucks, guess I'll just have to go out and get another game then. And ya I figured my cd-key probably got spoofed cause I was in this demo server with a guy botting like crazy for 2 hours straight, coming back immediately after getting banned a couple times. Someone had to get Jeff Morris to get rid of him.

But to me it just feels like its bs that Epic doesnt care enough to do anything about it. So people are forced to buy a new game. I even tried to use my other cd-key (cause I have 2 dif versions, cd and dvd) on my other comp and find out that ones banned too. This makes me so upset that Epic doesnt even care about their customers.

How about getting a petition going or something. Or is that not worth it either?

And you think only thing I could get out of court would be $ of the game and not grief or anything like that. I mean this is like fraud here, peoples cd keys get spoofed every single day and Epic is the one banning them.

Last edited by flowrush : 29th June, 2006 at 11:37 PM.
Unread 30th June, 2006, 12:20 AM
Banned

Don't feel bad, evidently, I got banned because 'hax' was in my name and I emailed epic about it and after I proofed I actually bought the game, they turn around saying something about Piracy and this:
Quote:
This key is now permanently banned. Additionally our records indicate that you’ve used at least 3 unique keys since yesterday. All those keys are also banned.
I've only had two keys, one key was given from a friend, and one was stolen from a known cheater (which Epic never gave me a replacement for). So, I bought another one at Wal-Mart, and came back, after 5 minutes of playing a TDM, that key, too was banned by Epic. I downloaded the demo and every minute I was kicked off a server from Epic. It seems Epic is banning the wrong people =]
Unread 30th June, 2006, 02:52 PM
Godlike

Flowrush.......Fraud, you have to prove man. Lawyers don't work on contingency unless they have, what they feel is an ironclad case, where you have suffered, what you can prove is some type of "damage" that you can equate to mega dollars. Only "damage" to you in this case is the loss of the ability to play the game.

I don't know what you were banned for, you may want to post your ban# so I can look it up and take a look. One thing is clear though, you have to be sure you have nothing in your system that will warrant another ban.

Durp, as for you, you never owned a legitimate copy anyway. What do you expect man? Also, if you finally purchased a legitimate copy and was immediately banned, it is because you have something lingering in your system that warranted a ban, so you have to use the information in the ban to eliminate your problem, otherwise you will be banned everytime you buy a new copy and try to use it.

If you are looking at it from a dedicated player and admin's point of few, the system works pretty well. From you're point of view, I am sure you think it sucks.
Unread 30th June, 2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

First off, I have two DVD Mac editions and one Windows Editor's edition, the Mac CD-KEYs where stolen and the My only working copy was banned from some Spectator named Player that, no doubt worked for EPIC. I was talking to the Spectator and he said something and I said "Been there, done that"... seconds later I was banned, I have no cheats installed, never cussed any admins out, nothing. How would you feel if you bought another copy of the game, installed it, used it's CD-KEY and seconds later be banned again for nothing.
Unread 30th June, 2006, 06:44 PM
Godlike

Durp, is your ban a global or non-global ban? If it is a Global Ban, how bout posting the number.
Unread 30th June, 2006, 08:03 PM
Holy Shit!!

And if its a master server ban ? (I could be wrong, but it seems to be both flowrush's and Durp's case ) He gotta post the numbers of the lottery ?

@flowrush : well, it's not that the petition is a bad idea... but what's the point... Epic probably won't care... and if it is posted at Atari's board... it'll probably get locked on sight...
Unread 1st July, 2006, 02:01 AM
Banned

It's a master server ban, there is no number.
Unread 1st July, 2006, 05:47 PM
Godlike

I believe there has to be a few details you aren't letting us in on man. They don't hand out Master Bans for little reason.
Unread 1st July, 2006, 06:17 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warped_Out
I believe there has to be a few details you aren't letting us in on man. They don't hand out Master Bans for little reason.
I agree. These stories sound a little far fetched.
Unread 1st July, 2006, 07:58 PM
out of order

I suggest ignoring the garbage posts that are labeled with "Durp". That guy has posted garbage before, including obviously false information about aimbot classes, suggesting they are part of an IRC Reporter or even UT2004 stock code for the shock rifle.
Unread 2nd July, 2006, 03:07 PM
Rampage

This was a ban by Epic Master server. Its not a UTAN ban. If it were, I suppose there would be a ban number. And I do believe its possible they banned me going off very little 'info' because my cd key was likely spoofed by the botter they couldnt get rid of in this server for a good 2 hours straight.

If there is a ban #? I'd like to know how to find it b/c they didnt say in my email except for exactly what I first posted in this thread.

So essentially Epic has issues and if they make a mistake and ban the wrong person, its just like tough titty said the kitty and I can't do jack about it.
Unread 2nd July, 2006, 03:16 PM
out of order

Epic doesn't give ban numbers, only UTAN does. And even if you knew your UTAN ban number (if you have one at all, try posting your GUID in the Traq Request forum to find out) it wouldn't help you with getting the masterserver ban removed at all.
Unread 28th July, 2006, 07:19 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTourist

You were banned for using the DD clan tag, and after you explained your "reasons", the ban was lifted.

Looking further, I see you got banned AGAIN, after numerous complaints, using the name "TEAMK!LRZ*Dude", another well known cheating clan. We decided to not give you the benefit of the doubt the second time
So now I know why I was banned. I'd just like to take the time out to inform people that this is an injustice. *TeamK!lrz* is not a known cheating clan. In fact *TeamK!lrz* was made completely separately from THE known cheating clan called "*ClanK!lrz*". Notice the difference in the two names. If you go onto their website you will see that they think they are the only 'real' team in all of unreal. Hence the whole reason me and some others came up with the clan name to make fun of them.

It is unfortunate that I would lose money I paid a game for, because the Epic personel mistake me for a cheating clan, that doesnt even have the same name. Sorry but I dont cheat and will never do so. Despite what clan tag I use. Additionally I think its a discrimination if someone is using a clan tag similar or the same as someone elses, and they get banned. What if they came up with that tag or name authentically? Then that means they have to pay the price despite innocence?

Feel free to look me up on TWL Epic, and every demo you can find on me. I don't cheat, and have zero to do with the DD botting clan or Clan Killerz. In fact you might even notice that all of Clan Killerz are actually banned from my server over the past year, and additionally I have a post on www.unrealness.com (the CTF community site, my username is xios), reporting Clan K!lerz as cheaters myself, giving demos, screenshots, and video clips of their cheating in order to get their team removed from TWL. And this was an old post as well before I was even banned.

So obviously I'm a cheater right?

Oh the irony.

Last edited by flowrush : 28th July, 2006 at 07:22 AM.
Unread 28th July, 2006, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Just because you help others catch cheaters doesn't mean your not a cheater either. Not all cheaters stick together. Maybe your jealous of them cheating better than you, so your trying to get them caught and now you got caught.

I'm sorry, but most of the bullshit your posting makes no sense. I doubt Epic bans ANYONE on a masterserver level by thier name.

Either tell us the whole story or get lost.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 28th July, 2006, 10:36 AM
Holy Shit!!

The other thread was locked for (obvious) reasons, don't revive an old thread to start a new flame.
Unread 28th July, 2006, 03:22 PM
Unstoppable

If it's a global ban from Epic, talk to them. Telling us your soap opera accomplishes nothing whatsoever unless you are simply trying to divide the community.