You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > Feature Requests

Unread 2nd March, 2005, 01:33 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5625Maniac
Isn't that Wombo's job since he created them in the first place?
Created them? What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5625Maniac
I'm basising it on theory aspect of programming. Also when I mentioned about the truth table, it gives idea which I was talking about.

I never used UnrealEd so not sure what's all behind it.
Basing off theory is fine and good if you know the features/capabilities of the environment and potential impact but it sounds as if you don't. You would be better served to ask why it's not done a certain way and learn the reasons why before criticizing.

One good example for some of this is someone I know began to develop his own anticheat protection for UT2k4 after being frustrated with the lag of earlier antitcc's and safegame. This was also a project for him to learn more about uscript. He was very sure of why there were performance penalties in those apps and attacked the perceived problem with his design. Once he got into it he found it was *much* harder than he thought and the performance issues didn't even reside where he thought they did. In our own community forums he had criticized the development of those apps but has since gotten a better understanding of the engine and why wormbo and cruicky are actually very limited in what they can do without creating a huge performance issue that can turn players away from the game.
Unread 2nd March, 2005, 06:46 PM
Dominating

Nm Wormbo, I thought you created some cheat detections when I read some UTAN ban logs which happen to have your name in it.

Ahh I see now Techslacker.