You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 29th October, 2003, 07:10 AM
Knight_Shyft

Hey Daryl - I would definately follow the directions that everyone here is telling you, very very good advice.

As far as the Full page pop-up you were/are getting It's a big scam. Back when the MSBlast virus was going around another Classless advertiser was doing the same thing. You get a popup that's full screen & there is no X to close the window. It was very obnoxious but it is nothing more than a scam to try & sell you software that you don't necessarily need. I know there is a way to block the offending site/page but I honestly can't remember the specifics on how to do it. Anyway, good luck with it and maybe someone else here can offer more helpful advice on how to block it from coming up.

Oh, one more thing, if that window comes up for you again you can usually use ctrl - w to close it if there is no X visible.
Unread 29th October, 2003, 10:56 AM
daryl

Thanks again!Yes I have read everything from this site and it's very instructive.And yes the white page had no X to close the window,it just froze my computer and I had to restart.So ok I have memorized all the manipulations and yes the firewall was up,still didn't prevent me to be used.I hope those added protections will be enough,with all those things in stealth mode I should be virtually invisible on the net I guess.Thanks again for the help.
Unread 4th November, 2003, 09:09 PM
Axodious

there is no way to stop dos attacks they are just a mass ammount of deformed pings sent to someones ip till their internet connection is diabled if you use a firewall it will still attack your modem and your recieve light will be solid there is absoultyl the only way to stop one is to change your ip
Unread 4th November, 2003, 09:18 PM
KillerJB

Quote:
Originally posted by Axodious
there is no way to stop dos attacks they are just a mass ammount of deformed pings sent to someones ip till their internet connection is diabled if you use a firewall it will still attack your modem and your recieve light will be solid there is absoultyl the only way to stop one is to change your ip
Agreed, but my download bandwith (1.5meg) can handle the incoming packets (they are small and generally are less than 50 packets a minute) and I gave up a small amount of cpu to block the outgoing packets with ZA and therefore I am not participating in the attack of others. Also my server continues to run just fine.
Unread 6th November, 2003, 03:31 AM
L.O.S.T.

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerJB
Agreed, but my download bandwith (1.5meg) can handle the incoming packets (they are small and generally are less than 50 packets a minute) and I gave up a small amount of cpu to block the outgoing packets with ZA and therefore I am not participating in the attack of others. Also my server continues to run just fine.
Agreed. So, where do I get this thing and where do I start?
Unread 6th November, 2003, 04:06 PM
KillerJB

Quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.
Agreed. So, where do I get this thing and where do I start?
Sorry the full name is Zonealarm Pro, get it here, http://www.zonelabs.com

Free 30 day trial.
Unread 7th November, 2003, 12:05 AM
L.O.S.T.

Why thanks!