You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 14th November, 2001, 03:46 PM
DJ_3TJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom

... and u know 1337 clans have to use them when their voice dies.
I thought that you were referring to the audio taunts with "them". That would be the most logical explanation. Ok, my bad.
Quote:
I just said that u cant get rid of audio taunts without getting rid of commands.
Hmmmmmm... when did i say that I wanted to get rid of audio taunts?
Unread 14th November, 2001, 05:43 PM
DarkByte

Pantera,

UTPure does not detect who is using an aimbot. Like i said, we focused on preventing aimbot use rather than detecting it. The code is much simpler and more effective.
Unread 14th November, 2001, 07:36 PM
Maelstrom

My fault man... u said limit audio taunts... but its all the same... u still cant limit them w/o limiting comands
Unread 15th November, 2001, 10:07 AM
Slash

I have just Installed UT pure on my server.So far looks good.I wanna help in anyway I can so I have a few questions.

1.Where do I report bugs.Do I just post them here?

2.Have you already been told that a player spawning makes no noise. That tingy transport noise that you hear when you spawn somtimes and the enforcer doesnt make the cocking sound either.

Just a note, it took me a while to install it because I copied and pasted the sever packages and server actors lines frrom the readme file.The lower case and upper case letters were not corect

Easy enough to figure out but thought ya should know.

Thx
Slash
Unread 15th November, 2001, 02:29 PM
DrSiN

DB you realize case has to be exact for Linux right?

Unread 16th November, 2001, 05:05 AM
DarkByte

Huh ?

the casing should have been fine .. but i did make a mistake in one of the lines that missed the 3 at the end

i was too tired at the time i modified the ini.

I wanna take the time to apologize for RC4 not being out yet. I've been swamped lately with my day job and when i was getting home, i could hardly concentrate on anything ... i was opening VUC with UTPure in it then 1 hour later, i would close it with not a single line changed :-( .. but my daytime rush project has reached the stable point and i am starting to get the focus again.

So, RC4 should be coming soon.
Unread 16th November, 2001, 05:10 AM
DarkByte

Oh, and regarding bugs, we will have a bug tracking system that will be used to track the state of bugs.

I will post info as soon as i know more information.
Unread 16th November, 2001, 08:13 AM
Slash

Ok Thanks..Weve been testing it out all day and it works great..Seems the server is a little laggy and weapons tend to hang up a bit when they are switching but bugs or no bugs Its a great help...One more aimbotter and I was tossing in the UT server and going back To Pacman ..Thx to you and your team for helping to make UT the gr8 game it was meant to be.

Slash

~*Sin City*~ 208.13.140.84
Unread 16th November, 2001, 01:23 PM
KillerJB

Thanks DB, We all know (at least the adult players) how busy our lives can get. We will be here when you have the time to complete it.
Unread 16th November, 2001, 09:08 PM
Larathiel

DB:

Thanks for fixing server-side demos but there is still one annoying glitch that I'm hoping you can remedy:

* The behindview 0 display shakes like an old lady in the back of a pickup truck drag-racing down a dirt road. It's actually painful to try and watch for more than a couple minutes and with all that jerkiness it is again difficult to track player movements.

In case you need to see what I'm talking about, I've probably recorded two dozen server demos since UTPureRC3 was released and I'd be happy to share some of them with you. Here's one from a recent match -- all legit, just demonstrates the shakiness I'm talking about.

CrimE vs Kore -- CTF Gauntlet

One other oddity...

* I recently adminned a match on that same server and also recorded an SSD. While the SSD looks "normal" whenever I would switch to BHV0 while I was spectating the live match, the players' weapons stayed locked in one direction despite the fact that the rest of their view pivoted to follow their movements. Any clue what that could be?

EDIT: One thing I just remembered. Some settings from my server:

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=30
[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=60

The first time I recorded an SSD, ALL actions were repeated twice. i.e. you'd watch the chat box and it would print each death message 2x. This got me to thinking that maybe the shakiness and doulbe mesages could be solved by matching the demo tick rate to the network tick rate. After lowering the demo tick rate to 30, the double messages vanished, but the shakiness still seems the same.
Unread 17th November, 2001, 12:15 AM
DJ_3TJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Larathiel

One other oddity...

* I recently adminned a match on that same server and also recorded an SSD. While the SSD looks "normal" whenever I would switch to BHV0 while I was spectating the live match, the players' weapons stayed locked in one direction despite the fact that the rest of their view pivoted to follow their movements. Any clue what that could be?

Yeah, I experienced that too. And with previous CSHP's the player's view was all upside down.
Unread 17th November, 2001, 08:36 PM
Mr. X

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkByte
Have the SF team contact us !

Has the SF Team been in contact with you concerning possible use of UTPure with SF? Does it look like this will happen?
Unread 19th November, 2001, 01:11 AM
DarkByte

Yes, i am in contact with the SF team.

Regarding the shakiness of Demos, humm ... i will try to check it again and see if there is a better place to fix it.