You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > DarkByte's Mods > SemiAdmin

Unread 5th September, 2001, 12:14 AM
LoadedDice

This sounds like something everyone has been waiting for. =) Just a question is this a mutator that can work with mods like TO 2.0? Or does it have to be recoded for each specific mod?
Unread 5th September, 2001, 12:26 AM
DarkByte

I am coding the GamePlay privilege in such a way that it will be easy to integrate any new game type with it.

I will publish a Guideline and a template for Mod creator to add their configurable game settings to SemiAdmin's settings.

It should please everyone as it will be simple and straightforward.
Unread 5th September, 2001, 01:21 AM
LoadedDice

Awesome, now we'd just have to convince Shag to incorporate it for TO 2.0...

Now I am just waiting for DarkByte to code an anti-spam mutator.
Unread 7th September, 2001, 02:18 PM
Prezident

Hey, I'm all for that. I have many admins on my server, but have been reluctant to add others because I did not want to give them full access, and even Advanced Web Admin can be a pain for people to use.

I would love to be able to convince Shag to allow this to be added to the game.

Let me know if you need any help persuading him to do so.
Unread 7th September, 2001, 05:41 PM
LoadedDice

While you are at it Prez, get him to port Advanced Web Admin to TO 2.0 ...
Unread 8th September, 2001, 04:01 AM
Prezident

AWA does work with 2.0, just not all the features, but the most important parts do anyways.

Have you tried SemiAdmin on 2.0 yet?

Also, I thought I ran across a 2.0 server that was running CSHP4+ tonight, but I got a version mismatch on some texture or something. Is it possible for CSHP4+ to run on 2.0?
Unread 8th September, 2001, 08:34 AM
DarkByte

Loaded .. I'm 100% sure Shag wont object at all to support SemiAdmin because its going to be way too simple.

Prez .. SemiAdmin in its current state will work on any game type. But the gameplay privilege is not finished yet. Once its done, that's when Shag will have to make a small plug-in to allow modifying TO 2.0/2.1 etc Parameters with SemiAdmin.

Also, I entend to have my own kind of AWA which will be similar but more complex than it. Well, we'll see once i get there.. first step is to finish the server side, command line version of SemiAdmin.

After that, i'll deal with the rest !
Unread 8th September, 2001, 04:51 PM
Prezident

DarkByte,

Sounds nice. AWA is nice and all, but could stand some improvements.

I don't suppose you have been in contact with Shag about this stuff have you?

I know he is working on getting more of CSHP integrated into the mod, so he must be in contact with you guys once in a while huh?

When I first heard that CSHP wasn't going to be supported by TO 2.0 I suspected that the patches would not come out fast enough to stop aimbotting whereas we have always been able to depend on CSHP to come out with a new way of stopping them much faster then it would take to patch the game.

I really like all the stuff you guys make. I wish I knew how to program so I could be part of it all, or at least try and make some of my ideas a reality.
Unread 8th September, 2001, 05:16 PM
LoadedDice

This all sounds good.

Prez, no I haven't tested SemiAdmin with 2.0 but I will test it soon. Plus I will test our 1.6 server with SemiAdmin.

But with AWA, the reason why we had it, was because the console password had no restrictions (until now with Semi-Admin), and thus we required AWA. But we wanted AWA to setup our server for clanwars. But because TO 2.0 uses its own custom s_SWAT.u for the webadmin commands you miss out on rules/settings/bots .. So you can't configure it for clanwars.

If SemiAdmin works with 2.0 that would be great.
The only problem I can think of with TacOps is that Shag is removing ALL mutator support in 2.1. Which means that SemiAdmin might not work. Unless DarkByte knows something we don't.

I'll be in touch later with my TO 1.6 and 2.0 results.
Unread 8th September, 2001, 06:21 PM
Prezident

When I heard that mutator support was going to be disabled in 2.1 I sent a message to Shag telling him how that would break MapVote, and how not so nice that would be.

He agreed to make sure that MapVote would still work with 2.1.

I am not sure of the benefits of making it so that mutators won't work with 2.1, but it would seem like most of the mutators for TacOps are admin related anyway. More admin options are always good to have, even if it requires a mutator or mod to do so. It's always nice to give the admin more power to run his server the way he thinks it should be run. I would like to be able to be more involved with the TacOps team to express my opinions about this, but they are hard to get ahold of, and with the enormous amount of stuff that is suggested on their forums, I am sure a lot of it gets ignored. It would be better to be in direct contact with them to relay these ideas.

Let me know what you find out on testing with SemiAdmin. Thanks for the reply.
Unread 8th September, 2001, 09:20 PM
LoadedDice

So far SemiAdmin works with TO 2.0. Certain options don't work.

Working:

ali
alo
nextmaps
kick
kickid (DB learn to spell..
kickpart
kicklist
adduser
deluser
moduser
restart

Non-working commands.
saver
killbots
incbots
decbots
addbots
nextmap
listuser
Unread 8th September, 2001, 10:46 PM
DarkByte

Interesting .. did you try the commands without TO2 see if they worked ?
Unread 9th September, 2001, 12:38 AM
LoadedDice

Going to do my TO 1.6 test right now.. But I have to redownload 1.6 first.. Hehe...