You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Linux Specific

Unread 22nd September, 2012, 06:27 AM
Forum Newcomer

Unhappy UT2004 Linux Help Inconsistency Detected

I am attempting to get a UT2004 server running Linux and I am using Debian. The guide is very vague is it possible to have a full guide on step by step what to so to get this thing running what to install, patches, and whatnot I kept getting this error: Inconsistency Detected. This error led me to believe I was missing a c++ file, but when I tried to install it it said I already did but it still wouldn't run. There is nowhere else on the internet I can find anyone who knows what they are talking about no matter what I type in I can't find an actual guide. I uninstalled everything and am starting from scratch can you guys please help me! *sobs*

Last edited by Jiinxycat : 22nd September, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Unread 22nd September, 2012, 11:33 PM
Forum Newcomer

The documentation for UT2004 Linux servers is insultingly sparse. The exact error is: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 230: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!

The first part: Inconsistency detected by ld.so appears to have something to do with the glib c++ libraries... however I have these dependencies installed.

I don't even know if this place is still active, it's UT2004 yes, but I have a good twenty or more people who'd love to have their server back. Linux seriously needs more documentation. You can't brute force this kind of stuff, it isn't like windows, where if you click around enough eventually you'll solve the problem yourself.

From the looks of this, we're missing something VERY specific.
Unread 23rd September, 2012, 12:10 AM
Godlike

If you have 20 players then you ought to rent a server. It's going to be faster anyway and you don't have to deal with all this. You can be playing in an hour.
Unread 23rd September, 2012, 12:34 AM
Forum Newcomer

I'm already paying for a VPS, which is currently supporting a TS server, and nothing more. I'd rather tap into some of its memory/cpu capabilities, rather then spend even more money when it isn't needed.

There's also the matter of control, and scalability VPS offers over traditional hosting. I've hosted these things for years via windows servers, however with the economy in the state it's in a Linux VPS will save you twenty, sometimes forty dollars.

Last edited by ANPsion : 23rd September, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Unread 24th September, 2012, 10:08 PM
Forum Newcomer

I was able to fix this, and for the sake of anyone else having this problem I'll give a brief explanation, and feel free to contact me should you require further explanation.

For which ever reason the latest version+bonus material is hosed on debian. Don't ask me why, or how. Download the latest Linux patch, and drop ONLY the System folder into your instillation. ONLY THE SYSTEM FOLDER SHOULD BE PATCHED!

Now, boot up the server, and enjoy. I'm now running a server again, for fifteen dollars opposed to the thirty dollars a 32 slot server might cost me elsewhere. Go VPS.