You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Mac Specific

Unread 16th March, 2005, 12:14 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default v3355 patch problems

Help! I downloaded the v3355 patch a couple of days ago from the Apple UT2k4 game support site, ran it and the patch claimed to have been successful. Then to my horror, the game simply refused to run! I click the icon in my dock, the splash screen appears as normal, and then the program just quietly quits without telling me why.

I've tried repairing the disk permissions using Disk Utility, have re-installed UT from the DVD and then run the patch from a retail install and the same thing keeps happening. An internet search for known bugs only turns this up as a problem if there is a conflict between USB devices - but I'm running this on a laptop with no USB devices plugged in.

Anybody else had this problem with v3355? Please somebody help me sort this problem out - I'm missing all my fraggy goodness!
Unread 16th March, 2005, 01:39 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Help! I downloaded the v3355 patch a couple of days ago from the Apple UT2k4 game support site, ran it and the patch claimed to have been successful. Then to my horror, the game simply refused to run! I click the icon in my dock, the splash screen appears as normal, and then the program just quietly quits without telling me why.

I've tried repairing the disk permissions using Disk Utility, have re-installed UT from the DVD and then run the patch from a retail install and the same thing keeps happening. An internet search for known bugs only turns this up as a problem if there is a conflict between USB devices - but I'm running this on a laptop with no USB devices plugged in.

Anybody else had this problem with v3355? Please somebody help me sort this problem out - I'm missing all my fraggy goodness!
There have been all kinds of problems with 3355. I won't allow it anywhere near any of my installs and none of our clan members will install it either.
Best bet is to simply not install it and stick to the previouse version.
Unread 16th March, 2005, 08:16 PM
Rampage

I havnt ahd anyprobelms with the patch on my Dual 2Ghz G5 running 10.3.8
Unread 17th March, 2005, 01:05 PM
Forum Newcomer

I think it might have been a problem with the patch not recognising non-standard maps, especially 2k3 ones. I copied all my custom files, including user.ini, into a separate folder, deleted UT (including the Application Support files), reinstalled it and then patched it from retail and it worked fine. So then I moved all the custom files back in and now everything seems just fine.