You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > Downloads > Unreal Tournament > Admin

Unread 8th November, 2008, 04:04 PM
Godlike

Dunno what you mean exactly, but the command to call the ingamestats is !nscstats (say this)
Unread 15th November, 2008, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trying this over ASC. Seems to be pretty nice, I like the layout better than ASC but ASC seems to have a lot more features. I did add the plugin for this also, which adds something I really couldn't go without (redirection)

Some things I would like to see added.

Ability to send player(s) to a different server. I like this, because when I need to shut the server down for maintenance, or want to password it for a match, I can just send the players to secondary similar server, so they wont just get disconnected.
Ability for players to set a "team" when they join the server (similar to ASC) lot of my players use this. Not really important, but they are asking me about it.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 15th November, 2008, 08:45 AM
Godlike

You can already send player to another server, see match control, it's somewhere there.
Unread 15th November, 2008, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0ngeb0b View Post
You can already send player to another server, see match control, it's somewhere there.
I was just coming here to correct myself as I found it and I like it a lot better. It also has a drop down menu where you can choose from your favorites! That's awesome!

Where can I find the thing that will do the

Player4 has joined the server 'team monster hunt'

Players who have set this in ASC previously, it still shows as that when they join, but I don't see where to modify/change/add it in the Nexgen.

Also I noticed it still says "press z key to open ASC" shouldn't this say Nexgen?

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 15th November, 2008, 08:54 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2399Skillz View Post
Where can I find the thing that will do the

Player4 has joined the server 'team monster hunt'

Players who have set this in ASC previously, it still shows as that when they join, but I don't see where to modify/change/add it in the Nexgen.
I know what you mean, but you can't to this in nexgen atm. Btw, i always asked myself why the hell you need this xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2399Skillz View Post
Also I noticed it still says "press z key to open ASC" shouldn't this say Nexgen?
On a server which runs nexgen, the message is ofc ''press z key to open ASC'' I haven't seen a message for nexgen yet, but i dont need one anyways, i bound it on key and you can always open nexgen by saying '!open' or '!o'
Unread 15th November, 2008, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know what you mean, but you can't to this in nexgen atm. Btw, i always asked myself why the hell you need this xD
Yea I don't use it either, but apparently the people who play on my server like it.

Quote:
On a server which runs nexgen, the message is ofc ''press z key to open ASC'' I haven't seen a message for nexgen yet, but i dont need one anyways, i bound it on key and you can always open nexgen by saying '!open' or '!o'
Oh ok, so this is normal? I have a keybind set as well; which is my z key, but I wasn't sure why it says "..open ASC" when it's nexgen. It still opens nexgen. No big deal really.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 15th November, 2008, 11:53 AM
Rampage

because the nexgen maker ripped loads from the asc code and added an ugly interface to it. i know matthew said nothing is shared between these two apps. but why else would "mutate asc#get#window" open the nexgen window... :x
Unread 15th November, 2008, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Ugly interface? I think the interface is better than ASC IMO, the layout seems better, just taking some getting used to since I've used ASC for so long.

Not to mention Matthew..who's worked on ASC code would know if the code is the same or not...really not providing enough proof to backup your claims buddy.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 15th November, 2008, 05:47 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLeptO* View Post
but why else would "mutate asc#get#window" open the nexgen window... :x
For the same reason mutate bdbmapvote menu opens the MapVote screen on virtually every MapVote out there? Ok this isn't an entirely correct comparison, since pretty much all MapVotes are derivatives of the original BDBMapVote, but still it shows that some commands become so common they are incorporated in completely unrelated products for the sake of familiarity.

For example, on my server I support the command !OPEN which tells people which commands are available, since I don't run a server controller

Last edited by adminthis : 15th November, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Unread 15th November, 2008, 06:45 PM
Holy Shit!!

If your server is still saying "... to open ASC" make sure you completely removed ASC. Sounds like you still might be running both!

Sometime when I get more free time I'm kind of planning on releasing an "ASC Plug-In Pack" which would give Nexgen some of the old functions that were in ASC, like the teams thing and some other misc stuff. Might be something I can cook up over the holidays.

Quote:
because the nexgen maker ripped loads from the asc code and added an ugly interface to it. i know matthew said nothing is shared between these two apps. but why else would "mutate asc#get#window" open the nexgen window... :x
Grossly incorrect. The maker of Nexgen (Defrost) and I have a longstanding background. I was planning on writing a new system to replace ASC from the ground up called "UAS". That's when Defrost privately informed me he was planning on writing one... and he's a far better coder than I, so I gave him my full support, which included what all he needed to make Nexgen respond to ASC commands (like the old keybind, and some !commands) to make the transition from ASC to Nexgen seamless. But Nexgen does not contain any old ASC code (trust me, I know the source of both like the back of my hand these days). Defrost has my full support and after 1 more bugfix release of ASC I'm going to be finished, and Nexgen will be the only system I code for and support.
Unread 15th November, 2008, 11:04 PM
Dominating

Quote:
I don't know what makes you think that, but Nexgen has been written from scratch. I haven't copied or 'ripped' any code. Since Nexgen is open source you can easily verify that.

Btw thanks for all your support on this project Matt, I really appreciate it
Unread 16th November, 2008, 12:24 AM
Forum Newcomer

I may be blind or don't know much about scripting, but where can I actually find the source code of Nexgen ? I'm looking for a way to disable by default the "flash message blinking".
Unread 16th November, 2008, 10:18 AM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrydav View Post
I may be blind or don't know much about scripting, but where can I actually find the source code of Nexgen ? I'm looking for a way to disable by default the "flash message blinking".
The source code is included in the .u files. There are several ways to view it, one is by opening these files in UnrealED.
Unread 16th November, 2008, 04:17 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Don't actually edit the Nexgen files. If you want to do this, please create a plug-in.
Unread 16th November, 2008, 05:39 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Don't actually edit the Nexgen files. If you want to do this, please create a plug-in.
Might be a good idea. Because I'm having problem with my rebuilt Nexgen108.u file after changing the default value of flash message. This worked, but then my nexgen control panel didn't want to show any player nor account type in the listboxes, don't know why.

Defrost: So you don't have a public repository where you keep your .uc sources files?
Unread 16th November, 2008, 07:35 PM
Holy Shit!!

Just extract the source from UED. If you cannot do this, you probably shouldn't be making modifications...

I'll make a plug-in myself to do what you are attempting... I'd rather do that than see different versions of Nexgen108.u floating around...
Unread 16th November, 2008, 08:53 PM
Holy Shit!!

Is there a template on how to create a plug-in to Nexgen? If one has been posted....I missed it.
Unread 16th November, 2008, 09:10 PM
Holy Shit!!

Sort of. All the "Plugins" on the first post are... well... plug-ins; so just rip open one of those and it's quite easy to figure out. Defrost comments really well and it makes all the difference.
Unread 16th November, 2008, 11:23 PM
Dominating

Quote:
I'm looking for a way to disable by default the "flash message blinking".
Since I've had this request from many people, I will add such an option to the next version of Nexgen.

Quote:
Defrost: So you don't have a public repository where you keep your .uc sources files?
No I don't, since I don't want other people to create their custom versions. If someone want to experiment with the code thats fine, they can send me an email requesting the source files and explain what they intend to do with it. In my opinion any improvement made shouldn't go into a spin off version, but should be available in the official version so everyone can benefit from it.

For special needs there's the plugin system. Nexgen offers a rich framework and extensive plugin support. There's currently no template available (I'll make one later), however like Matthew said you could use one of the plugins found in the first post in this thread as a template.
Unread 17th November, 2008, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I agree, use the plugin system folks.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files