You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 12th December, 2003, 10:49 PM
Sup_W

Does anyone else ever have problems getting thier web admin to load? I've used 4 different server providers and everyone of them seem to have the same problem with the page not loading or 1/2 loading. I've try the "text" ver. also and it still has trouble. Not that I use web admin that much but when I want to I'd like it to atleast work. Could this be a browser problem on my end?

P.S. Same deal with other web interfaces like server adds or opban... ect.
Unread 13th December, 2003, 01:08 AM
Just**Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup_W
Does anyone else ever have problems getting thier web admin to load? I've used 4 different server providers and everyone of them seem to have the same problem with the page not loading or 1/2 loading. I've try the "text" ver. also and it still has trouble. Not that I use web admin that much but when I want to I'd like it to atleast work. Could this be a browser problem on my end?

P.S. Same deal with other web interfaces like server adds or opban... ect.
green page I take it?
Unread 13th December, 2003, 01:23 AM
Sup_W

Not sure what you mean by green? You mean the default web admin?

I enter web admin and the page doesn't fully load. Sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't. Hitting refresh doesn't help. Sometime's I'll get the header but the other frames won't load Really kinda pisses me off. I've seen it happen with VSK(not as bad tho),Recon,Fragism, and now Shockservers.

Example
Unread 13th December, 2003, 01:28 AM
Just**Me

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by green? You mean the default web admin?

I enter web admin and the page doesn't fully load. Sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't. Hitting refresh doesn't help. Sometime's I'll get the header but the other frames won't load Really kinda pisses me off. I've seen it happen with VSK(not as bad tho),Recon,Fragism, and now Shockservers.

Example

What I meant was for webadmin there is a green style or white, as far as the layout is concerned. If you don't have the white page get a copy from Holly. I set his server up with a slightly modified white page that seems to work well.
Unread 13th December, 2003, 01:30 AM
Just**Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just**Me
What I meant was for webadmin there is a green style or white, as far as the layout is concerned. If you don't have the white page get a copy from Holly. I set his server up with a slightly modified white page that seems to work well.
Which now that I click example I see you do have the white page.

Get Holly to make you a copy of the Web folder for you.
Unread 13th December, 2003, 01:34 AM
Sup_W

Yeah the original Admin page is crap. As you can see in the link I'm using the plain text ver. now. I've even played around and made some myself. Yeah I'll hit Holly up and try that one. Another thing, and I'm not sure if it would make a differance, but I'm logging in with a direct link with the user:password included.
Code:
htp://user:[email protected]:8888/ServerAdmin/
Unread 13th December, 2003, 04:48 AM
¤§X¤_T1

Yea, i have the same problem. I use both versions of the web admin and its always a problem. Its the worst part of UT.

The funny thing is if im using a modem connection(when im traveling), the pages ALWAYS load fast and fully. In fact if you are at the server console page, it AUTOMATICALLY REFRESHES ITSELF. Same thing if im using my dsl connection at work. I never have a problem.

I only seem to have the problem using my cable connection at home. I have spoken to many people over at ILAN about this and they dont have a clue as to why its happening.

So, one fix is to use your laptop(if ya got one) with a modem connection to admin from the remote.

I also would like to know if anybody knows why this happens.
Unread 13th December, 2003, 07:20 AM
Sup_W

Hmm... strange indeed. Awhile back when I had a server from VSK it would always do that, but they (Ray) from VSK fixed it somehow. I guess I could ask him about it. (But would rather not)
Unread 13th December, 2003, 02:27 PM
Folk

Quote:
I've seen it happen with VSK(not as bad tho),Recon,Fragism, and now Shockservers.
I currently rent a server from Fragism and I'm not having the same problem. I have to do a manual refresh on the server console, but that's the only problem I have. Since the problem is following you around, it points to the problem being in your setup, either local or on the server side. What web browser/OS are you running? You said something about changing your interface. Maybe you should approach someone with a working setup that uses the same version and just replace your "Web" folder with theirs.
Unread 15th December, 2003, 02:59 PM
DeadMeat

Is your Game ISP using Linux as an OS? If so, there is a well known bug that causes direct connections to the the web admin to behave that way. The solution is to either set up a proxy like Squid (Fragism does this btw) or to use netcat (a.k.a nc) in xinetd. If this is the case beat up on your provider... if they can't fix this, get a new one, cause they don't know what they are doing.

As to the refresh problem, this is actually due to Epic putting the wrong syntax on the refresh meta tag they generate in the code. This causes Mozilla to fail totally and IE to work halfway.

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
Forgive us our frags, as we forgive those who frag us.
Unread 16th December, 2003, 05:48 AM
Suckage

we should have known. shakes his head. *damn Epic!*
Unread 19th December, 2003, 06:52 AM
Sup_W

Dunno... Servers running on NT, I'm using IE6 on XP.
Might be high time to ****can UT's web admin and write a better one. Why hasn't anyone done this yet?
Unread 21st December, 2003, 06:43 PM
Torinir

Actually, I used to have ADSL. Webadmin would load as nice as ya please. Now that I'm on cable internet, I get the same problems with webadmin pages not loading correctly.

I'd hazard a guess that it's something in how cable providers need to work with their internet traffic for an always-on connection as compared to a dialup or ADSL provider, which is manually connected.

But I'm not speaking from experience, so don't take my thoughts as gospel.
Unread 21st December, 2003, 08:04 PM
LeeBe

Its the same with our webadmin as well.

and we dont rent our server from anywhere, its Punt's personal server on his 100mb connection.

It is linux though
Unread 21st December, 2003, 08:14 PM
Torinir

I've had the problem accessing webadmin on Linux and NT boxes.

I don't think it's server OS specific.
Unread 22nd December, 2003, 01:34 PM
^Budozero^

No problems accessing webadmin on my clans servers and they run Linux.

As far as I know my host uses port 9000 in the ini and redirects this port to 8888

http://serverip:8888/ServerAdmin/
Unread 22nd December, 2003, 11:58 PM
Sup_W

Does anyone have a UT2K3 server running? Does it crash too?