You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - General Chat

Unread 20th November, 2007, 03:30 AM
Rampage

Default Admin Mod / Chat Filter

I know there were a couple of people working on UT3 admin mods. Has anyone heard if they are ready yet? I'll have my clan's UT3 server up in a week or so and I would really like to have a chat filter in place. I really appreciate those of you who take the time to make these mods and share them with the public .

Tribe of Judah [toj.cc] is Recruiting. Visit us at www.toj.cc
Unread 20th November, 2007, 04:10 PM
Holy Shit!!

I plan on making a chat filter for the Titan servers soon, however the first release will probably just be a serverside chat filter for the time being (I intend to make a clientside one eventually, which would use up less server resources).
Unread 20th November, 2007, 06:37 PM
Holy Shit!!

Here is a rapidly thrown together test version:
*old link*

No idea if it actually works because I can't test it (no UT3 client), please let me know if it does/doesn't.

Last edited by Shambler : 5th December, 2007 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 20th November, 2007, 10:45 PM
Holy Shit!!

As per Shambler, I'm waiting for a client. Will start as soon as I have one.

I put some debugs in there and got someone with a client to connect - can see it loading the words OK - but it doesn't appear to be filtering at the moment.

As soon as we get the client it's going to be rather easier to test! Should also be rather easier to write stuff once the webadmin code is there and the TCP/UDP classes are exposed in uscript

As for logging chat, I couldn't immediately spot a way of getting date and time - couldn't see any equivalent of Level.Year / Level.Month / Level.Day / Level.Hour / Level.Minute / Level.Second to use to create log file names

For logging players, the UniqueId doesn't seem to cast to string to be written to a log file...which could be a problem! Hmmm - it's stored in a config string when the player is banned (var globalconfig array<UniqueNetID> BannedIDs; ) - which must cast to a string at some point....

I've not had much time to look over the ut3 code so I could be completely wrong.

Last edited by Piglet : 20th November, 2007 at 10:50 PM.
Unread 20th November, 2007, 11:14 PM
Holy Shit!!

Got another testing version done; since we now have help testing it, I will wait until I know it is working before posting an update here
Unread 21st November, 2007, 10:23 AM
Holy Shit!!

I'll be working on testing that tonight. It'll be even better if we get the first server patch to base things on. Last I heard it could be today unless they need to do more after their Thanksgiving holiday
Unread 21st November, 2007, 04:55 PM
Dominating

If you need more help testing stuff out let me know.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Unread 21st November, 2007, 05:23 PM
Killing Spree

I try to help test as well later today. Am I correct in assuming if I don't have a Published\CookedPC\Scripts folder that I need to create it. I only see Unpublished...
Unread 21st November, 2007, 06:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
I try to help test as well later today. Am I correct in assuming if I don't have a Published\CookedPC\Scripts folder that I need to create it. I only see Unpublished...
Yep, correct.

Last edited by Shambler : 5th December, 2007 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 21st November, 2007, 08:17 PM
Unstoppable

I fastly coded a Spam-Protector, which will simply allows admins to mute player for 1 map. Furthermore it allows player only to chat after a certain interval (can be configured).
Very simple, my mut, as I only coded it to come into UT3-script, but might be useful for someone.

A multifunctional UT2004 mutator: Clan Manager 1h 6T (Updated 04.07.09)
(Clanmember-/Admin-enter-messages, Clantag-Protection, Clanchat, Player-Logging, AFK-Detector, WhoIs, "second" private server to keep non-clanmembers out and much more.) Source included.

Check client screenshots for cheats (an UT2004-Mutator): Screenshot Sender (Updated: 27.11.08)
Unread 21st November, 2007, 09:02 PM
Holy Shit!!

^^ Nice, there is a compatibility problem though:
Your mutator simply destroys and replaces the existing BroadcastHandler, it doesn't save a reference and pass back function calls. So that means other tools which override the broadcast handler won't work anymore.

I coded mine to save a reference to the original handler and then pass back function calls (creating a pseudo linked-list, in a sense), so that it should be compatible with other tools, it would be helpful if yours did that too (check the code in mine to see how I implemented it)

Would be nice if, in a future patch, the broadcast handlers were turned back into a proper linked list ala UT2004. Otherwise I suspect a lot of tools are going to conflict like this.

Last edited by Shambler : 21st November, 2007 at 09:05 PM.
Unread 21st November, 2007, 11:45 PM
Killing Spree

Hey, I run mutiple servers using the -gameini and -engineini parms which point to sub-folders under Config; where you say to put the UTTitanAdminHaxUT3.ini file (whew...long file names FTW!). So, if I want to just test on one server I can't then, can I?

Something to think about with the BlacklistedWords is to add a parm at the end for bMandatoryBan (default=False). That way one could leave MaxHitAction=HA_Kick and MaxWordHits to handle the rest.
Unread 22nd November, 2007, 12:45 PM
Unstoppable

Ye, I miss the linked-list, too^^
And I knew that it wouldn't be compatible with future mods, but anyways, the mut is very simple and better mutators will come which replace my one fully.

A multifunctional UT2004 mutator: Clan Manager 1h 6T (Updated 04.07.09)
(Clanmember-/Admin-enter-messages, Clantag-Protection, Clanchat, Player-Logging, AFK-Detector, WhoIs, "second" private server to keep non-clanmembers out and much more.) Source included.

Check client screenshots for cheats (an UT2004-Mutator): Screenshot Sender (Updated: 27.11.08)
Unread 22nd November, 2007, 01:41 PM
Holy Shit!!

Agreed. You need to capture the current broadcast handler and then route all output to it after you're done with it. It will then be down to the server admin which order to load the serveractors to ensure that the broadcast things areapplied in the order they want.

I found a small bug in Shambler's code and added in chat logging and swear logging - I'm just waiting to see what direction Shambler wants to take this in before giving anyone this version of the code. I suspect it'd be better to add the logging as a separate serveractor coded to build up the chain of broadcasters

The bug means that the code will not kick you after reaching the swear limit.

If you want to try it out it's running on 192.168.24.199:7930
Unread 22nd November, 2007, 06:15 PM
Holy Shit!!

Nah no need for a new server actor, I just added more config options

Slaughter: The tool is enabled through ServerActors in UTEngine.ini, since you specify a unique engine .ini for each server, you can enable/disable it that way?

I've added the 'mandatory ban' option to my todo list

Last edited by Shambler : 5th December, 2007 at 08:23 PM.
Unread 23rd November, 2007, 02:23 PM
Killing Spree

Doh. Roger on the ServerActors in the specific UTEngine.ini.

How about chat/swear logs for multiple servers (assuming these are currently set to go to the Logs folder)?
Unread 23rd November, 2007, 03:30 PM
Holy Shit!!

* Shambler adds to 'todo' list

Currently we are bug-fixing it again, UT3's level streaming has changed how some things are initialized and so it doesn't re-initialize after map changes, that will need to be fixed first before we work on other things.
Unread 25th November, 2007, 07:10 AM
Rampage

Thanks for all your hard work guys

Tribe of Judah [toj.cc] is Recruiting. Visit us at www.toj.cc
Unread 25th November, 2007, 11:46 PM
Holy Shit!!

Here we go - I had a weekend off and came back with a few ideas for how to get round the problems!

Chat Filtering and Swear Logging

Please let me know how you get on with it
Unread 26th November, 2007, 01:59 AM
Godlike

In the install instructions you're using the "my documents" location for the files.
Is this compatible with use of the -nohomedir dedicated server ?

These folder destinations don't exist in the "program files" ut3 directory structure. I suppose I could create them ... thought i'd ask before spending another 1/2hr troublshooting