You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Engine Based > Unreal Engine - Tac Ops

Unread 27th July, 2014, 10:17 PM
Rampage

Default TacticalOps: master server dead

Hello guys,

As you guys know the gamespy game server is dead, so its impact the Tactical Ops game, now we are unable to see the game list.

Some folks help us editing some configs in the TacticalOps.ini and we can see all the server but its include the UT servers and old versions of TacticalOps, there is a way to filter it? some .ini configuration maybe.., i tried use the xBrowser but it does not wotk in TO the mutator does not replace the Ubrowser.

any ideas?

Thank you all
Unread 28th July, 2014, 01:53 AM
Godlike

http://333networks.com/

Check here.

irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Unread 28th July, 2014, 12:26 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
Hey, thank you for the help, its works but all servers will be listed, there is some way to filter it? to list only servers with GameType= TO350 for example

Thanks
Unread 28th July, 2014, 03:13 PM
Holy Shit!!

You can make it by yourself http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...t=43&view=next

it"s in fr but may be you can translate

Unread 28th July, 2014, 04:36 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You can make it by yourself http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...t=43&view=next

it"s in fr but may be you can translate
I will try it today and I will let you guys know the result.

Thank you
Unread 28th July, 2014, 07:19 PM
Rampage

Guys,

It works.

Thanks
Unread 28th July, 2014, 11:42 PM
Forum Newcomer

333networks is not the defacto standard for this problem. Reason? Because the master server is not dead. Epic has been running their own master server, utmaster.epicgames.com & unreal.epicgames.com since April/May. And luckily these are master servers the game was designed to use, so they are already in most peoples .ini's w/o need to update/change.

The dealio is that when gamespy shut down, Tactical Ops : Assault on Terror did not fallback to the epic provided master EXCEPT for servers, which are properly listed in the master server list.

And the client has a problem when you do manage to get it on the epic provider master, in that it displays all UT games instead of just tactical ops games.

If anyone wants to see what I mean they can download the game image and test it themselves. I'm hosting it @ http://ut.strags.com/

The only way I actually found to get Tactical Ops to use an alternative server was to edit the host file, so that master0.gamespy.com resolved to the same IP as unreal/utmaster.epicgames.com.

For some reason it would not accept my ini entries and seems hard coded for master0.gamespy.com ..

Did anyone else notice this or find a working work around?

Next up is getting the server list to only display Tactical Ops: AOT games.

Last edited by masturbaker : 28th July, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
Unread 29th July, 2014, 07:54 AM
Godlike

Is your ini set to read only?

irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Unread 29th July, 2014, 12:43 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by masturbaker View Post
333networks is not the defacto standard for this problem. Reason? Because the master server is not dead. Epic has been running their own master server, utmaster.epicgames.com & unreal.epicgames.com since April/May. And luckily these are master servers the game was designed to use, so they are already in most peoples .ini's w/o need to update/change.

The dealio is that when gamespy shut down, Tactical Ops : Assault on Terror did not fallback to the epic provided master EXCEPT for servers, which are properly listed in the master server list.

And the client has a problem when you do manage to get it on the epic provider master, in that it displays all UT games instead of just tactical ops games.

If anyone wants to see what I mean they can download the game image and test it themselves. I'm hosting it @ http://ut.strags.com/

The only way I actually found to get Tactical Ops to use an alternative server was to edit the host file, so that master0.gamespy.com resolved to the same IP as unreal/utmaster.epicgames.com.

For some reason it would not accept my ini entries and seems hard coded for master0.gamespy.com ..

Did anyone else notice this or find a working work around?

Next up is getting the server list to only display Tactical Ops: AOT games.
The workaroud is:

In the TacticalOps.ini

1. add the new server actor in the line: [Engine.GameEngine]
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=gsm.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900

2. in the line: [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
Add:
ServerListNames[2]=TOServers

3. Add the folowing lines after [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow] or in the end of th .ini:
[TOServers]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=TO350,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

4. In the file Ubrowser.int open it with Notepad++ ot Notepad and isert after the last line:
TOServers= TO Servers
Unread 29th July, 2014, 08:36 PM
Holy Shit!!

Thx i save this

Quote:
In the TacticalOps.ini

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=gsm.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900

Add:

3. Add the folowing lines after [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow] or in the end of th .ini:
[TOServers]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=TO350,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

4. In the file Ubrowser.int open it with Notepad++ ot Notepad and isert after the last line:
TOServers= TO Servers

Unread 17th December, 2014, 05:50 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Add serverList

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to retrieve the new server list. I did what i quoted below but unfortunately that doesn't work... Maybe there is a compatibily with patch version ? Otherwise anyone have a suggestion ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
The workaroud is:

In the TacticalOps.ini

Add:

[TOServers]

TOServers= TO Servers
Unread 30th January, 2015, 01:46 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
More specifically, check here: http://333networks.com/ut/TO3

This filters games with versions TO340 and TO350. Versions lower than TO319 require Gametype=s_SWATGame instead of Gametype=TO3*.

For now, everybody seems satisfied with this filter, if you have specific support request, please don't hesitate to ask about them on http://forum.errorist.tk.
Unread 20th April, 2015, 08:13 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Help with servers

Guys ive been reading your comments and following the instructions but i still get the notification: master.gamespy.failed. I changed the ini files as you guys recommended but that did not help. Can anyone please let me know how i can play the game again? i downloaded tactical ops again recently upon stumbling into this forum and patched it to 3.5. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Unread 18th August, 2015, 04:21 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi, here another workaround to fix the master server list

In Linux edit /etc/hosts and append the following code

Code:
65.112.87.186  master0.gamespy.com
doing the same thing with Windows but using c:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts
Unread 18th August, 2015, 07:38 PM
Holy Shit!!

Stop your server and open the server's configuration file, usually gamename.ini (unrealtournament.ini)

Go to

[Engine.GameEngine]

and delete these lines:

Code:
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900

replace them with

Code:
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900

Unread 17th December, 2015, 03:07 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical_one View Post
Hi, here another workaround to fix the master server list

In Linux edit /etc/hosts and append the following code

Code:
65.112.87.186  master0.gamespy.com
doing the same thing with Windows but using c:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts
wow, nice. i think this is the only way to make it work. it just kept overwriting the ini file, but this worked right away without any issues at all
(although i guess it seems that it shows all of the same servers in every separate tab...)

Last edited by Obama : 17th December, 2015 at 03:11 PM.
Unread 18th December, 2015, 03:26 PM
Forum Newcomer

wonder if any of these are TO master servers?

master.noccer.de MasterServerTCPPort=28900
master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500
darkelarious.blicky.net MasterServerPort=27900
master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900

because i get a lot of TO servers in the UT search for some reason...