You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > Polls

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in UT2007?
Open poll 0 0%
So read the comments 0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Unread 27th July, 2005, 05:02 AM
Forum Newcomer

I'd like to see utan disappear entirely. Personally I run into bots all the time. All utan really does is lump innocent people in with botters and ban everyone indiscriminantly. It's not worth the effort. I'd say abandon the project.
Unread 27th July, 2005, 06:09 AM
Dominating

UTAN is a ban management system. It's not an anticheat of any type. Get it straight, bro. There's a major difference.

Former Director of Operations - UT2004
Proving Grounds
http://www.provinggrounds.com/
Former TWL Competition Staff
Unread 27th July, 2005, 06:18 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nny
I'd like to see utan disappear entirely. Personally I run into bots all the time. All utan really does is lump innocent people in with botters and ban everyone indiscriminantly. It's not worth the effort. I'd say abandon the project.
Torinir is correct, UTAN does not ban anyone, server admins ban and use UTAN to manage their bans. It's really nothing more then an elobrate database when you get down to it.
Now, this is not the place to air your grievance about being banned. You where banned from a single server by a single admin, who could have banned you just as easily without UTAN, so the existance or UTAN made no differance to your ban what-so-ever.
Unread 9th August, 2005, 09:04 PM
Forum Newcomer

Things that need to be added:
  • True RCON abilites. As in being able to see chat, deaths, and logins, logouts. This would allow for admins to 'silently' admin a server w/out taking up a player slot.
  • An ability to 'slay' people. This would be useful for team games when a teammate is constanly TKing, but you (as a lower-admin) don't have kick/ban privs
Unread 20th August, 2005, 04:35 PM
Dominating

Default Paramount features

1) Ability to run as an (unprivileged) service under Windows. Nonservice server processes are antiquidated.

2) Separation of installation files and homedir files, just like in Unix. The server doesn't need to have write access to its install files, only to the ones that are mutable - in the "homedir".

3) Multithreaded server process: one thread for masterserver registration, accepting incoming connections, monitoring and serving the web interface, and another that actually runs the game itself. This is CRUCIAL so that when the game crashes (sadly, a frequent occurrence), the master thread can reinitialize the game more quickly (and with the appropriate map).

4) Secure (SSL) web interface which exposes all configurable server options. The admin should NEVER need to resort to editing the INI file manually, thereby needing to kill the server temporarily.

5) Special in-game administrative interface which allows the admin to perform all the functions he could via the web interface.

I probably thought of more, but can't recall it now.
Unread 21st August, 2005, 05:07 PM
Holy Shit!!

How about instructions from the program writer on how to run a server?
Unread 29th August, 2005, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilatorSC
2) Separation of installation files and homedir files, just like in Unix. The server doesn't need to have write access to its install files, only to the ones that are mutable - in the "homedir".
You can already do symbolic links in Windows 2000 onwards, its just hidden.
http://shell-shocked.org/article.php?id=284

Phoenix Alliance - The Movie
Revisionistic Movie
The Unreal Admins Page - the resource for unreal admins
Unread 30th August, 2005, 01:42 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilatorSC
1) Ability to run as an (unprivileged) service under Windows. Nonservice server processes are antiquidated.

3) Multithreaded server process: one thread for masterserver registration, accepting incoming connections, monitoring and serving the web interface, and another that actually runs the game itself. This is CRUCIAL so that when the game crashes (sadly, a frequent occurrence), the master thread can reinitialize the game more quickly (and with the appropriate map).

4) Secure (SSL) web interface which exposes all configurable server options. The admin should NEVER need to resort to editing the INI file manually, thereby needing to kill the server temporarily.

5) Special in-game administrative interface which allows the admin to perform all the functions he could via the web interface.

I probably thought of more, but can't recall it now.
Think you pretty much summed up my post there

The other thing that would be nice is an admin window, where it gives you a list of number (1-0) and then you cycle through the menus till you get where u want to be
(mani-admin (css) style menu (they call it amx style ..))
And every player should have a player id, allowing you to grant admin without having to login atall, if you on the admin list, your an admin
Unread 30th August, 2005, 03:29 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel
You can already do symbolic links in Windows 2000 onwards, its just hidden.
http://shell-shocked.org/article.php?id=284
I don't see that the ability to create links has much to do with it. The point is that UT2004 (and predecessors) require write access to files in the install directory (namely the INIs). You can work around it but only with an effort from the admin. Making it place the INIs in the user directory automatically fixes the access problem and removes the need to get creative with permissions in the install directory.

But thanks for pointing this feature in Windows out, I wasn't aware of it and have sworn long and hard over its absense...
Unread 24th November, 2005, 09:35 AM
Rampage

1. The ability to hook the login/connection process of players. This to have custom login/password per player.

2. A way to update the ServerPackages on the fly without having to do a server restart. (After all, maps can have their specific packages loaded on the fly.)

3. Server-side CPU usage optimizations. Less CPU means more concurrent servers/players on one box, more fun, and less costs. (Same applies to bandwidth.)
Unread 30th November, 2005, 07:52 PM
Killing Spree

1. Effective anticheat (optional automatic updates would be a plus).

2. A team balance system based on players master server stats. Players win/loss records should be by far the most important factor.

3. Music files pushed to clients (making it a client side option would be a plus).

Last edited by Strider : 30th November, 2005 at 08:06 PM.
Unread 6th December, 2005, 01:41 PM
Forum Newcomer

Ik agree with Rush. A simple (yet secure) login system like ssh would be truly wonderfull. A place where you could do anything text-based; restarting server, choosing map/mods, ... you name it.

This would allow third party software to create remote gui's for interface, irc-bots/php-website's to retrieve info, and probably more things I can't come up right now. Of course some user-access-level has to available too, like webadmin - so people can't get too abusive.

Last edited by vitto : 6th December, 2005 at 01:43 PM.
Unread 6th December, 2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

*cough*ungateway*cough*
Unread 6th December, 2005, 03:16 PM
Forum Newcomer

ungateway only supports telnet as far as I know, that isn't the security level we want use :p
Unread 6th December, 2005, 04:47 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitto
ungateway only supports telnet as far as I know, that isn't the security level we want use :p
Read about stunnel. It can secure almost any tcp connection, for example I stunneled my webadmin so that it is available only via https.
Unread 6th December, 2005, 10:53 AM
Holy Shit!!

I would like to see even more sexier female butts in UT2007 :p .

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 6th December, 2005, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitto
And IRC
But, yeah, no SSL or alike. It's a bit difficult and slow to do that in unrealscript
Besides, the webadmin only does basic authentication, which sends the passwords pretty much in plain text. On the other hand, MSIE doesn't properly implement digest authentication.
Unread 14th December, 2005, 05:34 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hmm I can't believe nobody mentioned this yet... The oh-so-fun Version Mismatch is one thing that I really hate. Am I the only one who tries to correct other's codes and run them on my server? (Dodgeball anybody? Don't tell me it's just the DoB_Mut, because there are things I like to change about it other than that--I've gotten ways around it w/o modifying the original file, but very annoying.) I also try to code my stuffs to put on my server, and I keep on having to change the name every time I do it. What I would like to see, as an admin + coder, is that when a version mismatch occurs, UT would download the version on the server and temporarily use that while on this server.

PS: I don't know if this is at all possible or if there are already solutions out.
Unread 14th December, 2005, 12:17 PM
Holy Shit!!

Tbh, it's up to coders to be less lazy and rename any modifications they make on a package. There's currently a lot of version mismatches for a server logo on the original UT because admins didn't take the trouble to rename their logo.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 16th January, 2006, 11:36 PM
Killing Spree

web spectating spot lock with password for admins only with hidden join so know one knows if your there or not
and server names un able to repeat like player names so server names can not be copyed for copycat servers sorta ip lock on names or registard server names

www.houseof1000corpse.net