You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > DarkByte's Mods > SemiAdmin

Unread 31st August, 2003, 06:51 AM
Kuhal

A few good friends of mine who between them admin a dozen or so UT servers have recently found SemiAdmin to be everything they needed but not quite everything they wanted...so one of them asked me to take a look witht he view to making some mods.

This is on the asusmption that SemiAdmin is not being actively developed (reading the forum and notes in the package I rather think it will not be looked at for a while?)

I'm planning to make some additions to SemiAdmin to do what they want to so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone objects to this before I start. I see several places in the code where the authors have planned to do something but not found the time as yet so I don't mind implementing those things along the way if desired.

Cheers
Unread 7th September, 2003, 08:53 PM
Kuhal

I've tried to contact Evolution and failed so I'll try DarkByte now. In the meantime I've already made several additions to SemiAdmin which have proven to be helpful to admins. I'll not "release" it until either one of the authors is happy to allow this or all my attempts to contact them fail. If I do end up releasing it I will have to rename it and I'll also state clearly where it came from and so on and so forth.

Cheers
Unread 16th September, 2003, 09:47 AM
Suckage

cool, let us know when its done, if u get the GO. i currently run semiadmin on my servers...
Unread 16th September, 2003, 10:49 AM
Kuhal

Quote:
Originally posted by Suckage
cool, let us know when its done, if u get the GO. i currently run semiadmin on my servers...
Yeah, I've made some additions which my admins asked for but the biggie is out of my reach until I learn some of the tcplink and udplink classes.

I've also got to do the documentation and so on.

Evolution was kind enough to contact me and give me some pointers. I'm still not clear whether it will be released under SemiAdmin or another name - I'll find out closer to release time.

Cheers
Unread 27th September, 2003, 03:54 AM
L.O.S.T.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kuhal
A few good friends of mine who between them admin a dozen or so UT servers have recently found SemiAdmin to be everything they needed but not quite everything they wanted...so one of them asked me to take a look witht he view to making some mods.

This is on the asusmption that SemiAdmin is not being actively developed (reading the forum and notes in the package I rather think it will not be looked at for a while?)

I'm planning to make some additions to SemiAdmin to do what they want to so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone objects to this before I start.  I see several places in the code where the authors have planned to do something but not found the time as yet so I don't mind implementing those things along the way if desired.  

Cheers
Where do we download Semi-Admin?
Unread 30th September, 2003, 12:07 AM
Kuhal

Quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.
Where do we download Semi-Admin?
Semi-Admin is available in this forum. If I get the OK then I'll post my version here with as much detail as I can as to whats new / fixed.

If I don't get a reply from Evolution for my last ICQ message I'll release it here anyhow and leave it to the gods

From the one discussion we did have he seemed pretty ok with the idea and was fairly certain that DarkByte wouldn't have a problem either. My only worry is whether I've put too much in to SemiAdmin and whether these additional features could somehow invite trouble...

So keep wathing here for the next few days.

Cheers
Unread 1st October, 2003, 10:43 PM
L.O.S.T.

Thanks I'll wait.
Unread 9th October, 2003, 10:24 PM
Kuhal

This is the current version I've created for my local admins. It deviates from the original in the way that User Security Level is used. I had tried contacting Evolution to see if he's still OK with me 'releasing' this but he's probably too busy to check ICQ regularly

Anyhow, this version has tons of new stuff. I have updated the HTML help that is available when you run the server. It is not completely up to date however. There are a large number of options available in the INI file which allow the master admin to control the minimum user security levels needed for some operations.

Included as new features:
I've poked the Server Console, Server Settings, Mutator Page, Map Page into this version. These are all ports form the original ServerAdmin. All access to the pages and functions can be controlled by use of Privileges and user security level.

I've added a new set of functions called (for lack of a better name) 'Whip' functions. This is to allow the admin to take action on a player abusing the server rules without kicking or banning them. Whip functions are: Mute a player (some taunts still work though), Zero a player's Frag Count, Respawn a player. All of these, along with a new "Warn" function require a reason to be suppplied. These can be selected from a drop down list in the GUI or supplied by a reason id via the console commands. Reason codes can be configured by admins if they have the right privilege/USL.

I've implemented a "silent login" feature. This is so that an admin can login as SemiAdmin without any messages going to the other players. Also implemented a silent player list option which lists the player id, nick and IP address.

I've fixed the 'admin pause' feature that comes standard with UT. The pause feature means that no game time elapses while the game is paused. The original one causes game time to trickle away which is nto what I think the original intent was.

Also I've put in a game stop / start function. This emulates a 'restart level' without kicking everyone out and potentially stuffing up the teams. Anyone that's ever tried setting up a clan war will probably appreciate that feature. In 'STOP' mode, all players are spectators and they can never actually start the game until the admin issues the 'START' command.

I've implemented an optional chat log option (some servers get abusive language problems you might want to check up on after the fact). It's on by default. Also optional (and off by default) is a player spawn log. This is useful for identifying IP's for nicks that people have complained about after the fact. Again, I think this causes a little lag...

Finally a great little mod called syslog is included and gives you the option of having the log written to syslog as well as the log file. Even if you don't want to use this, the .u has to be on the server. By default, it's turned on as well, but if syslog is not in you ini as ServerActors=syslog.syslog so don't worry about the thought of your server info being sent out on the net

I don't have privileges to upload here so I've put the mod here instead...
http://www.yfclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...p?p=15462#15462. Note that you ought to go to the last version on that topic to get the latest...

You can reach me there or ICQ 105626576 or even here if you need to.

Cheers
Unread 17th October, 2003, 02:31 AM
L.O.S.T.

I'll thank you later.
Unread 22nd October, 2003, 11:22 PM
L.O.S.T.

Also, nothing came up, just froze when I tried to DL it.
Unread 24th October, 2003, 02:55 AM
Kuhal

Quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.
Also, nothing came up, just froze when I tried to DL it.
Perhaps I can email it to you. I do not have rights on this board to upload. The board I uploaded it to may restrict who can download due to bandwidth considerations. Sorry about that.

Just send me your preferred address for emailing it to if you so wish.

Regards
Unread 25th October, 2003, 11:03 PM
L.O.S.T.

Sorry I'm only 11 years old. What's an ICQ?
Unread 27th October, 2003, 11:14 PM
Kuhal

ICQ is one of several instant messaging mediums. I also use MSN and Yahoo Messenger as well.

If you want me to email try sending me a private message on this forum. You can do that by clicking on my name I think.

Cheers
Unread 28th October, 2003, 12:10 AM
L.O.S.T.

Thanks, I use MSN also!
Unread 12th December, 2003, 06:33 AM
blorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhal
Perhaps I can email it to you. I do not have rights on this board to upload. The board I uploaded it to may restrict who can download due to bandwidth considerations. Sorry about that.
Nah man, no upload restrictions whatsoever (you've got FTP access as well - want me to setup annon access?)
Unread 12th December, 2003, 03:11 PM
HogMan

Let me know if you still can't upload, it should work.