You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > Dr. SiN's Mods > Visual UC++

Unread 11th November, 2001, 08:42 PM
Mr.Mitchell

Yeah I know VUC++ 7 won't be here soon, but otherwise I will forget these ideas. Here they come.

When compiling is finished and the text on the Cancel button changes from "Cancel" to "OK" also the line where the number of errors/warnings is listed is also cleared. So one must really pay attention when compiling to see if it is succesfull because otherwise the message has already disappeared.

The "Find in files" could use a "Find in all open files" option. I use it all the time at work with CodeWright and I think it would be a very usefull addition to VUC++

A "only in selection" option in the "Find and Replace" dialog would come in handy sometimes.

Another little one. The size of the output log is not stored. In my case it always starts very small.

I think it would be nice if the Classbrowser was a bit higher. This could be done by shrinking the log window a bit so it is as wide as the codewindow.

In previous versions VUC++ detected if .uc were added to the projects classes folder and suggested to add them. This feature seems to be removed/broken. It now only detects if files are removed.

Think these were all my suggestions. Just see what you(Dr.Sin) do with it.
Unread 13th November, 2001, 08:08 PM
2COOL4-U

I got a few suggestions too

- Make an option so you can add extra words to the syntax highlight list.
- Make the code automaticly make a tab for you after a { or after an if (And if I type a { make it place the { right under the if) <-- exactly the same system as Visual C++ uses. I love it
- Fix syntax highlighting of ini files(It sometimes stops syntax highlighting after you modified some things)
- Make an option to add your own files to the view -> View | Edit list
- Make the backup files after a succesfile compile option(In a seperate folder with for example the same name as the current date and time).
- Make an option that counts the builds for you(Increases everytime you succesfully compile).
- An option to check what functions are changed in files
Explination: I work with two other coders on DefenceAlliance, we eventually had a problem that we three all changed a lot in the same .uc file. Make an option in VUC++ that checks whether a function is changed or not)
Unread 13th November, 2001, 08:48 PM
Mr.Mitchell

Quote:
- Make an option so you can add extra words to the syntax highlight list.
A quick hack for the time being. Open up the UnrealScript.sms file in wordpad or another editor. This file defines the highlighting format for UScript. It is easy to add your own words here.
Unread 14th November, 2001, 06:54 AM
2COOL4-U

Yepz I found it some time ago, but it wouldn't be better to integrate it in the editor?
Unread 14th November, 2001, 02:46 PM
DrSiN

Let me bullet them all together on what I'll add to my to-do list and what I wont

- On compile finishing. The line number/etc is posted to the log output log. The menu is just a status menu. I probably won't change it.

- Find in all open files is a great idea and I'll add it.

- F&R in selection probably won't be implemented until I (or someone else) switches to a different editor component.

- Output log size - probably a bug. Seems to save it for me most of the time, but I have noticed it screwing up. I'll fix.

- Class Browser size - Not going to happen. It's designed after VC++ and would be a bit difficult to support both ways.

- Adding files to class browser.. I'll check to see if it's broken.

- Adding stuff to the highlight list. Until I switch editors that's how you have to do it (manually edit the .sms).

- Auto-Tab - Nice idea I'll look in to it, but no guarentees

- Nothing I can do about ini file highlighting

- I'll look at adding files to the View | Edit list

- .U's are automatically backed up. You can use Pre/Post compile scripts to handle the rest.

- Build count is an interesting idea.. I'll look in to it.

- Windif is your friend for looking for changes. I'm not going to code something like that. Go to downloads.com and look for DIFF programs. They are better than anything I would ever write.

DS.
Unread 14th November, 2001, 03:01 PM
2COOL4-U

Quote:
.U's are automatically backed up. You can use Pre/Post compile scripts to handle the rest.
I am going to read and try to understand that example on the old ikonboard I guess
Unread 14th November, 2001, 07:48 PM
2COOL4-U

I forgot one

Make the audio importer kinda the same as the texture importer(So you can import more sounds at once).
Unread 15th November, 2001, 03:25 PM
2COOL4-U

- Make it possible to import more than 1 sound at once using the importer