You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 16th August, 2002, 07:58 PM
870Fragmaster

A friend found a copy of some info the other day that said to help prevent cheaters, take the ServerSideOnly flag off of UTMenu.u, UMenu.u and a few others.

ucc packageflag UMenu.u UMenu2.u -ServersideOnly

then mkdir ServerFiles

copy the Umenu2.u to ServerFiles/UMenu.u

Add the path to ServerFiles in the [Core] section of your ini

Add the ServerPackages=UMenu
That was just an example for one file.

We never did find the source of this information. Im assuming with this method if the server detects a mismatch(ie. cheater) it downloads an uncheated version or rejects the client.
I logged into the server fine after this mod. I run a linux client and my server is a linux server. My friend tried to log in from his windows box and it gave a UMenu mismatch and it did not download the Umenu from the server. His version has not been modified.

Does anyone know the ins and outs of this? Does it help? is it too much hassle? Im trying to close as many holes as possible on my server. Any information would be appreciated.

Jim Ragsdale
[CSHP] Penguin-rex Low Grav Face
Unread 17th August, 2002, 07:14 AM
Elvis

The source of this mod has been posted previously on the General Anti-Cheat Discussion forum.

Unless someone has come up with a patch, in addition to stopping alot of cheaters, on a Windows-based server, it also prevents mac and Linux players from playing. On your Linux server, probably only Linux players can join.

No one with a modified system file can join.
Unread 18th August, 2002, 12:48 AM
870Fragmaster

Ill look through the anti cheat section. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping this would be a viable solution, but oh well..
Unread 20th August, 2002, 01:33 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Just go with PureRC53 Its not been hacked yet that i know off so no need for serverflag changes.If u suspect someone ask them to make demo or make a serverside demo.That should be enough to see a cheater .good luck with linux hope u find what u are looking for
Unread 20th August, 2002, 03:41 PM
870Fragmaster

When you are following a person around, what do you look for to see if they are cheating?
Unread 20th August, 2002, 06:24 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Ok this is what i found if there using aimbot watch there cross from ineyes view u will notice it snapp on opponent and follow them about ,they dont always kill though depends on there ping but u can easy see that.

Tracer bot is a little harder what u have to do is stay ineyes view and watch if they swing there cross past opponents rathere than try and actually aim they will swinng letf right and so on each time the gun will fire maybe it will miss but the shot will be close everytime ,U know to close ,anothere thing u will notice that they make a lot of 1 shot 1 kills and i mean lots.But the main giveaway with Tracer is it has a habbit of firing 1 time after the persons dead if he dident manage to kill him with 1 shot.

To sum it up aimbot snaps on target and follows
Tracer sweeps side to side and makes loads of 1 shot kills and also fires @ nothing just after they kill someone who they maybe missed first time.

hope this helps u and to anyone else please put your input in how u spot cheaters.

1 thing they may turn the bots on and off so be patient normaly if they have flag or opponent has flag they switch it on . in DM on alltime i guess
Unread 20th August, 2002, 06:29 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

hey if you are only speccing them and not watching a demo u cant realy be sure as speccing peeps always looks wierd .u may think everyones botting some days as lag and fps playes a role in the view u see. i suggest u make a serverdemo or better still get them to do one its the only way speccing is to difficult unless there going crazy with the bots