You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 26th August, 2010, 05:35 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by back4more View Post
cool , good to know where we stand in this spy vs spy world , conspiracy theories and secret information trading

Aight I think you've answered some of my questions and yes I have always thought that Anth is a good passionate uscripter & does it for the love and challenge that it brings ... I would not be surprised if Epic were taking notice of his methods and will offer him a job as a senior Anticheat Project Manager

perhaps he is 12 years behind atm ? I don't know ...One things for sure Iam 24 years behind in this case.
However ... welcome to the forum I'm sure you are here just to z at how ppl can still play this Ancient game..hehe and will go back to honing your MW2 hacks which is where-it's-@ today from what I can gather

Honestly if I had my way I'd make it so damn risky to use cheats in MP games that people would be to scared to even install em

but yeah , like thats gonna happen lmao.

btw:

Does this include IRC? or no. Because Iam pretty sure that someone handed out something (insider secrets guide to bypassing or something ^_^) to another chap @rizon to bypass AntiTCC for 2k4 recently heh.

ahh yes I can imagine the drama coming from mainly 'Cheats' and 'Cheat makers' from all over the globe ^_^ be a real bummer Aye!.

you know why? because I doubt you could bypass that Method as easily as you can almost any other method to date... then of course there would be some kind of 'concensus freak' issues and lmao probably a shit storm from tehDane as well.... who knows. My theory here is 'Never know till you try!' and I'd be more then happy to use it on every server I ever got to admin.. as I enjoy the chase more then the frags..

as side note , Id like to point out something ... theres a certain chap that aliases on the australasian servers and sometimes us ones as well you will know him simply by the way he owns on any descent pinging server and even ones which are 400ms in some case by a simple console cmd ShowNetSpeeds in Pure. His is always 3500 ^_^ and he has been accused of botting on numerous occasions however he is adamant that he does not and not even ace can find any proof of him cheating tbh I think he is better then even Gritz and the other top players were back in the day.

My Question is this 'how would one modify' the ut.ini to compensate for such a low Netspeed and allow for a more accurate aim/kill ratio?. and if there is such a method (which there is obviously) how would one balance the playing field in this case without banning him for .... well cheating? Thus is the conundrum I face atm.

I think I made him cry when I raised the min Netspeed upto 5500 on a few local servers a while back but have since removed this because well I felt sorry for him heh.
so I have answered this question above actually... however it was interesting watching him re-tweak his .ini to get close to what he had been accustomed to for some 4 years. He advised me that it took him 1 1/2 hours to get it almost back to how he liked it lmao. then another chappy removed the NS Limit and he was all grins again ! Ezy.

also you forgot to reply to this question which I find highly relevant:

^_^

Take care.
Maybe Szech doesnt want to answer the last question
Unread 26th August, 2010, 06:05 AM
Holy Shit!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
Do you want the short or the long answer?
basically the best answer would be if their was a serveractor that could accurately relay the information back to the Admin speccing with the use of an adjustable transparency system which could alleviate all Walls/everything except player pawns and x,y,z axi's. with the Ability to leave/remove Pickups and weapons (to account for Audio sensory feedback). ok

now the Admin would or any admin would be able to utilise this server-side actor making it as you say less open to injection.

already I can see some great minds thinking along the lines of latency and netcode adjustments.. hehe

a player once said , if we all shared the same .ini it would be a fairer game.. in part there is truth to this statement imo. Obviously flawed as all would have to use the same hardware as well.. amoung other minor problems..

Last edited by back4more : 26th August, 2010 at 06:39 AM.
Unread 26th August, 2010, 06:13 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
Maybe Szech doesnt want to answer the last question
hehe actually he has already ..

without even saying a word

Unread 26th August, 2010, 06:29 AM
Holy Shit!!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzecHuanShrimp View Post
You know - there is a decent anticheat out there for external cheats too for ut2k4. It was called Warlock and it was rejected because of its roots.
looking into it atm have posted first findings above for interesting reading

Quote:
What do you mean about bypass and your idea? I thought your idea was to incorporate a radar or wall hack for visualization? or was it the hw banning idea? Both would fail against decent coders with a bit of time honestly.
the only way you can bypass anything outside of hacking is clientside. So if the protection was serverside ... short of hacking the actual server how could you bypass it? as for the HWID component that one's not finished yet I assure you. The only advice I think you'd give to any would be cheater (that was banned) is to buy a new computer and change ISP's which is fair payment for cheating imo.

at least then he/she/it would think twice about playing any game with the HWID system incorporated in the future.. you do realise that the system could be universal in an instant?... all that needs be done is to port it to every other game ... Then if you got caught cheating say on a server with ut99 and their were other game servers Counterstrike , StarcraftII , WWW - Whatever that had the same system installed then you'd be banned there also...

so instead of

Code:
poomaker Currently botting on:
UT
Cod2
Cs Source
Silkroad
Runescape
Quake 3
UT3
Diablo2 (lol)
it would be :

Code:
poomaker Currently BANNED FROM:
UT
Cod2
Cs Source
Silkroad
Runescape
Quake 3
UT3
Diablo2 (Aww)
Much nicer wouldn't you agree?... I thought so t00.

Quote:
There is only one way of truly keeping someone out of a server that cant be bypassed. It isnt a secret either. And yes it is used sometimes.
This Method requires one to Pull out the RJ45 cable from the Router , I agree

Quote:
thanx for welcome..I joined here to hang out with few friends here
no problem... their are many cheaters here among the masses.. many just read and post seldom if ever.. Others are rather helpful I'm almost certain that your inbox is FULL already

Last edited by back4more : 26th August, 2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: bit of shit stirring goin on in there somewhere...
Unread 26th August, 2010, 07:43 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzecHuanShrimp View Post
thanx for welcome..I joined here to hang out with few friends here
SzecH o/
Unread 26th August, 2010, 04:01 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
the only way you can bypass anything outside of hacking is clientside. So if the protection was serverside ... short of hacking the actual server how could you bypass it? as for the HWID component that one's not finished yet I assure you. The only advice I think you'd give to any would be cheater (that was banned) is to buy a new computer and change ISP's which is fair payment for cheating imo.

at least then he/she/it would think twice about playing any game with the HWID system incorporated in the future.. you do realise that the system could be universal in an instant?... all that needs be done is to port it to every other game ... Then if you got caught cheating say on a server with ut99 and their were other game servers Counterstrike , StarcraftII , WWW - Whatever that had the same system installed then you'd be banned there also...

so instead of

Code:
poomaker Currently botting on:
UT
Cod2
Cs Source
Silkroad
Runescape
Quake 3
UT3
Diablo2 (lol)
it would be :

Code:
poomaker Currently BANNED FROM:
UT
Cod2
Cs Source
Silkroad
Runescape
Quake 3
UT3
Diablo2 (Aww)
Much nicer wouldn't you agree?... I thought so t00.

no problem... their are many cheaters here among the masses.. many just read and post seldom if ever.. Others are rather helpful I'm almost certain that your inbox is FULL already
I"m trying to be both honest and reasonably vague here outta respect to this community. But in short - those systems you are suggesting are only going to ban (and keep banned) the same folks that are currently unable to play on ACE servers. There really isnt any reason to put more work into what already exists. It's a waste of time. I've already suggested that a method exists (that has existed for years to everyone) that is pretty much unhackable. It ISNT new to ACE.

hai to dodgethis, anthrax, genecom, and leebe btw

and yes - i have been getting quite a few pms from the masses.
Unread 26th August, 2010, 04:35 PM
Holy Shit!!

you did suggest a method , only you forgot to drop a name with it...

enough with the suspense already .

and lets go back over what you just stated... shall we?... ACE will always be vulnerable you know it I know it, Hypz knows it better then anyone...

and it is only a matter of time before liens/peter/bob and john know it as well...

anyways all good , like i said it's only just scraped the service u can be sure of that.

come back in a few years and see what progress has come of this
Unread 27th August, 2010, 08:32 PM
Godlike

Quote:
you did suggest a method , only you forgot to drop a name with it...

enough with the suspense already .

and lets go back over what you just stated... shall we?... ACE will always be vulnerable you know it I know it, Hypz knows it better then anyone...

and it is only a matter of time before liens/peter/bob and john know it as well...

anyways all good , like i said it's only just scraped the service u can be sure of that.

come back in a few years and see what progress has come of this
To answer your message. Ye I know ACE (and many, if not all, anticheats) are vulnerable. However Anth has done an amazing job in protecting his work and it is quite hard to bypass as there's not that many unpatched holes left in the Engine. You gotta hide your stuff real well else it get's picked up.

Maybe Lien can find a way to bypass and the French guy as well but there won't be many who can do this. Most cheats you see running nowadays are bought unfortunatly.
Unread 27th August, 2010, 11:04 PM
Holy Shit!!

^_^ I think I now understand what you have being saying all along Dodge

And coming from you guys I think Anth should be very proud of his work

He could be leading the way for the other UT ENGINES as well if what you are saying is indeed true.

Exciting stuff

As for hiding code I believe you are speaking in regards to Obfuscation

thanks for Clearing things up for me , Iam not one for Suspense
Unread 27th August, 2010, 11:32 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
^_^ I think I now understand what you have being saying all along Dodge

And coming from you guys I think Anth should be very proud of his work

He could be leading the way for the other UT ENGINES as well if what you are saying is indeed true.

Exciting stuff

As for hiding code I believe you are speaking in regards to Obfuscation

thanks for Clearing things up for me , Iam not one for Suspense
Not quite back4more..Hypz isnt referring to something so simple as obfuscation. That's what you use if someone actually gets ahold of your work. Hypz is referring to coding magic that happens when he touches uscript Absolute genious with his clever ideas. Trust me on that detail.

Agreed Anthrax should be proud of his work. No question on that. Its unfortunate he doesnt have a team around him that can handle all the questions that bog his productivity down. :-/ Maybe i'll code you a IRC robot Anth to deal with such things
Unread 29th August, 2010, 07:04 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
ACE doesn't ban people
hi AntraX i look for right post to ask You for few thinks wit ACE...i mean 8g version....

After when people start instal This protection on alot servers im almost unable to play there..i pickup extream lags ... timeouts....and finaly disconnections...

i use old Pc.. 2,6 ghz cpu ..
256 MB Gforce ( almost burned )
720 MB Ram..
on not always perfect 20MB Download with 60 KB Upload innternet connection..

i know form some way ican setup ACE 8g to works with High Performance nat High hmm.. Quality?...im right ?..im not real sure,, Now im not uble even play on my clan server now ..
how i can setup ACE in my UT to works on my pc good ?..

Last edited by MZYTENGAM : 29th August, 2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: now
Unread 29th August, 2010, 10:55 PM
Holy Shit!!

Couple of things I think may/not help you MZYTENGAM are..

your computer Specs are fine for a start ... if not way over qualified. by old computer I would be thinking SX 286, 8mb ram and a 5-1/4" floppy disk.. which your system would literally piss all over.

anyway try a few things first like rename your unrealtournament.ini to .bak

Then Re set-up your game and test on the same server's ...
as for your almost burned GPU , perhaps take it out and disasemble it ... remove the furballs from the Fins/Fans and reinstall... if if aint dead yet .. it soon will be.

Theres a tool that will make changing these settings easier at-least until/if Anth decides to make his own ingame menu ...
(personally not a fan of Mutate Seven-Hundred Leet Parameters to take Screen-Shot myself)

so you may download this from here: acemanager

in-game on ace servers just type : 'mutate acemanager' to open.

then you can play with the various options like compat toggle / highperformance toggle etc. (theres really only 2 modes).

most often then not I have found that these issues are client-side. not server side. Perhaps you have been capped by ISP ?, perhaps your ISP has crap routing and/or the exchange is 2000 Kilometers away from your house?.

try traceroute to Game Server's and see if there are any bottle necks in between...

*which reminds I must ring up and get Interleaving turned off. *updated yep well that was a crock of shit cuz apparently my interleaving is already off

This I hear from random inexperienced people that can't even remove POPUP'S from their computers and/or constantly Hack Servers to be the Schiznick in Ping reduction... upto 20/30ms even!.

of course after careful study there can be a Down side of course .. but you could try.. it requires leet telephone skills with technician @ your ISP's Datacenter... some do not like the idea of turning it off which you could argue that the opposition across the road offers this server and how would they like to loose another customer?... anywayz before go totally off Tangent and start waffling about Monkeys in the Himalaya's and Purple Banana's try those suggestions above and read carefully through the (ACE Documentation) as well as in particular this thread here.

Good Luck!

ps: One thing you could try .. not sure if it is even related .. is to set your netspeed to around 7500-10000.

Last edited by back4more : 30th August, 2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: updated