You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal > Unreal Server - General Chat

Unread 28th July, 2003, 07:21 PM
Forum Newcomer

:dontgetit:

Need help and advise. I am new to Linux, at least the UT2003 server part of it. Believe it or not - I have read everything I could find on the issue but did not get any smarter...

This is my problem. I am running a P3 500MHz computer with RH Linux 9 as OS. I have patched everything to latest and greatest but cannot run the ut2003_dedicated server program with admin/webadmin.

I have as recommended created a new userid/password. I created a ksh script to start the server.

#
cd /server/ut2003_dedicated/System
#
./ucc-bin server DM-Antalus?game=XGame.XDeathmatch?GameStats=False ini=/server/ut2003_dedicated/server.ini log=/server/ut2003_dedicated/Logs/serverlog.log ?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni
#

Under:

[UWeb.Webserver]
Applications[0]=xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=xWebAdmin.UTImageServer
AppliationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True
Listen=8080

When I start the server with my script it tells me that web is initialized on port 80. I can however not connect to it. I turned off redhat-config-securitylevel. When I run a port scanner towards it I do not see port 80 open nor is 8080.

Do I need to enabled httpd service on the box? Even my local http syns to 80 or 8080 fail = connection refused. I would really love to get some help on this.

Oh, and how to install the bonus packs or better yet: Where do I get them for Linux?

Help, please. Peace out!

:withstupid:
Unread 28th July, 2003, 07:58 PM
Forum Newcomer

Oh, yeah...What is this hidden directory I keep hearing about and where can I find it
Unread 28th July, 2003, 08:07 PM
Godlike

Here's something to try:

Try connecting to the web admin port from the server itself. Either from the X windows or you probably can use links or lynx from the command line. Use http://localhost:8080/ServerAdmin as the URL.

If this works, then your problem is in the iptables security set up. You will need add the web admin port to the iptables file. Don't know about RH9.0 but in RH 8.0 this is located in the /etc/sysconfig directory. The RH8 Line is something like:

-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080:8084 --syn -j ACCEPT

You MIGHT be able to do it via RH's security management X app but I generally find this to be too limiting.

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
Remember, tall grass is better for the environment... so play UT rather than mow!
Unread 28th July, 2003, 08:14 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks DeadMeat I will try that.

Found this, I think this might be related. Output when server is starting up...

Sockets: I am P3-500 (10.18.84.203)

That address is my second NIC interface on the box which is disconnected and down at this point. How do I tell UT2K3 to use my 172.x.x.x interface?

Thanks again - I appreciate it....
Unread 28th July, 2003, 08:18 PM
Forum Newcomer

BTW, when I start the server as root I can bind my webport without any problems. (Except that it is using the wrong interface as reference)

There has to be a way to create a listenport for UT2K3 without running as root.