You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - General Chat

Unread 3rd August, 2008, 02:27 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Hosting a Lan game

Here it goes again. I've posted this message on about 4 other forums and no one has decided to give me an answer so I came here hoping that at least one of you would help me out. The other day, my friend and I wanted to play UT3 online, and we had problems setting up servers. We searched and searched and found a solution in which he hosts a lan game, and I (in the user console) enter <open (his IP):7777> Eureka! It worked fantastically and I had a great ping, everything went perfectly. Fast forward about 8 hours when we want to play again and... It didn't work. Within an 8 hour window, something went wrong. We both have all the necessary ports open, we're not using firewalls, nothing like that, I need to find out how to do this again, we've tried nearly everything, but there's obviously something that we're missing and something that happened within those 8 hours. If you have an answer, any answer, please help.