You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Site Sponsor

BeyondUnreal News

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > General > Suggestions & Comments

Unread 17th October, 2004, 09:18 PM
wtf

Default Remove my email

From this thread http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...2&page=1&pp=10 before I start spamming you guys in return. Your moderator edited it and put it in there after I specifically said I didn't want to post it pubicly.
Unread 18th October, 2004, 01:33 AM
Holy Shit!!

Hmmm, that's an empty threat and you know it. I would seek a more reasonable form of dialogue as it's bound to produce more positive results.

I've had a look at that thread and Limited has purposefully added a mod that rewrites e-mail addresses under graphic form, which will stop spammers scanning the forum for addresses to spam publicity at.

When you are banned by the UTAN system, your e-mail is required as contact info. Of course, if this is the e-mail that your ISP provided, perhaps you can supply an alternative e-mail address and ask a board administrator to replace it.

Btw, the forums are there to give you a chance to explain your case. On some occasions, players have been able to lift a ban by promising they won't reiterate whatever behaviour got them banned in the first place. It would seem you partly wasted that chance and that's a shame :/ . UTAN might seem a faceless system but it's actually there to promote some form of dialogue.

And concerning hacks, I'm afraid this invalidates UT2004's EULA :

http://www.epicgames.com/ut2k4_eula.html

P.S: The encrypted GUID is a feature of UT2004 implemented by Epic themselves and is sent to the master server each time you play online.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 18th October, 2004, 01:36 AM
Holy Shit!!

cheaters suck.
Unread 18th October, 2004, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Limited has purposefully added a mod that rewrites e-mail addresses under graphic form, which will stop spammers scanning the forum for addresses to spam publicity at.
No I did that. I don't like the fact that email addresses are world readable in plain text. I wasn't aware of this requirement or else I would have done it sooner.

PS, I did not do that just for you "wtf", I did it for everybody on the forum. Besides, just because you think something incorrect has been done on your account does not give you the right to do something unlawful.

PPS, just to note, that this is not an official statement from ua.org, just my opinion.