You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 17th June, 2002, 05:00 PM
incoming

Hi i want to start a dedicated server from with in ut is self i have 2 pc's now i want to use one for a server. n ow my prob is that when i type in 32 player in the max player i won't let me it defaults back or som thing to 16 player what am i doing rong ?
Unread 17th June, 2002, 05:20 PM
incoming

never mind i worked it out. In Advanced Options there is a options its got max client rate. Now im on a cable connection this is may speeds Name: Monthly: Down/Up: Prepaid
megs: Excess
rate: IP: Upstream: Metro/
regional:
Lite $64.95 Max/128 550 N/A Dynamic Free Metro
Now what i wanna know is what sould i set my client rate at its at 20000 by default please some on help. i WANNA MAKE THIS SERVER WORK GOOD FOR PEOPLE WITH CABLE SO THEY DON'T LAG MY PS IS PRETTY GOOD WITH 512 SD RAM INTEL MAIN BAORD AND INTEL CPU 1000.
Unread 18th June, 2002, 03:21 AM
sparkkey

Hello Incoming,

Here's a link I keep handy for reference in regards
to UT servers... I'm sure there are some better links
out there, but I find it useful:

http://unreal.epicgames.com/utServers.htm

Perhaps others will post some useful UT server links.

-S
Unread 18th June, 2002, 08:06 AM
1$ikbITCH

If I am not mistaken you have a dynamic IP. People will see your server in the CTF list but they will not be able to keep it in their favorites when the IP changes all the time. I imagine most people usually only hit the Favorites tab these days rather than load up the whole CTF list every time.
Unread 18th June, 2002, 01:55 PM
BIOTech

If a dynamic IP is giving you headaches check this out: http://support.dyndns.org/dyndns/

Otherwise your (max client rate * # of players) will give you how much bandwidth is needed to run the server. If you are on a cable connection your dreams of a 32 man server are not going to come true. Cable just can't handle that, you will problably have horrible pkt loss and ping spikes from hell. I would start by setting up a 8 man server and tweaking it. Play around and test values with your cable friends and find what value works the best. GL on your server bud.