You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal > Unreal Server - General Chat

Unread 25th January, 2004, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hello everyone,

I am in search of a mutator that will kill a player, if he/she pushes a teammate to his/her death. Example:

"Player1 is standing next to a cliff, and Player2 shoots Player1 off. Player1 dies, but doesn't loose a 'life' and Player2 dies, and get counted as a suicide.."

"Player1 is standing next to lava, and Player2 shoots Player1 off, Player1 dies, but doesn't loose a 'life' and Player2 dies, and get counted as a suicide."

Reason for mutator.

In Monster Hunt, noobs, and annoying players will shoot others off bridges, cliffs, into lava, into slime, ect... Nothing happens to these players, other then them killing thier teammates. I normally just kick/ban them when I see it, but I can't watch over my server 24/7.

i figured thier would be a mod, that would kill the person who pushes another player off. If I can find a mod like that, I could possibly edit it to work the way I want it to.

I found the "Who Pushed Me?" mod, but that's just the opposite of what I am looking for. If all else fails, I will just try to edit that, to the way I want it.

PS
I have no idea how to do UScript either, haha!!
Unread 26th January, 2004, 03:43 PM
Rampage

Maybe write to wormbo and see if he can help. If you're goig to edit the mod, you really should have his permission anyway. Good luck!
Unread 27th January, 2004, 06:40 PM
Godlike

You should take a look at AntiLamer which is part of Mentals_Configs, located at http://www.planetunreal.com/mutation...ls_configs.htm. Not exactly what you are looking for but is a step in the right direction, you can set a limit on the number of suicides a person can have that count against the team. If you play with team damage on, it can limit the number of times a person can kill a team member.

As to penalizing the offender, I think that code would be VERY hard to write. You might track previous hits and "guess" that if a person dies after being hit by a team mate, it's intentional.. but what if there's a joint firefight going on? How long to you track friendly hits before suicide? There is a long time lag between getting knocked off Hyper or Morpheus until you die. How do you determine the friendly "hit" knocked them off or the last friendly hit was valid and the player actually missed a jump and died?

One other way to help identify these folks is to use a chat logging mod (lots are available). That way you can scan what's being said after the fact and also id the player by IP so you can ban after the fact. I generally depend on my clan mates and other regulars to let me know when such behaviour is happening, check the logs to verify, then check the logs to see if the guy is regularly doing this, then ban them based on this info.

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
No one is ever anonymous to a good server admin... so don't change your name and try to get away with it!
Unread 20th February, 2004, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hey.

Well, first off this mod/mutator will work with Monster Hunt. If you have ever played it, then you know that teamdamage is set to off, you only kill the monsters.

Also, as for it being hard to track when a player kills a teammate. It has already been done, but the mod only works for CTF, not MH; which is what I need it for.

Also, I have tried to contact the author of the mod/mutator "Who Pushed Me?" but got no reply. I will try again tomorrow, when I am more awake to explain it better.

Thanks for the help guys,
LeRoy