You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > Anti-Cheat Development > Anti-Cheat Developer's Corner

Unread 15th January, 2009, 05:54 AM
Rampage

Default NBSP :: Hello All

Hello All,

Once again. It has been a long time for me...

I am thinking of releasing the NBSP kit (source code) public. I haven't touched this project since 2005.

I am unsure, if this game is still being played so... Any input into your suggestions on whether I should or shouldn't would be great.

I will check back in a few days, with a final decision.

Cheers,
- Suck (Creater of NBSP).
Unread 15th January, 2009, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Suck,

So are you officially abandoning the project? I don't think anyone really uses NBSP anymore, since it's pretty much bypassed by all the newer cheats now-a-days.

Never really used NBSP personally, is it a UTPure/CHSP replacement or an addon like ASH?

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 15th January, 2009, 07:10 AM
Dominating

I think it's best to contact Xen0 about this, he's head of a-c for UT (#anti-cheat on quakenet) these days and can forward you or your work to their devs to see if any ideas can be encorperated. They're in the best position to do actually something usefull with your work and this way you'd prevent opening your source (and underlying a-c techniques) to people with bad intentions.

This game is still being played quite heavily by a small community and the cheats vs. anti-cheat war is still v alive btw.
Unread 15th January, 2009, 07:37 AM
Holy Shit!!

Well, the way NBSP handles the detection of hooks are much better than UTDC, it needs no client side installation of native code that screws up the fun for all. I've run NBSP once and it did catch a few cheaters, so if you where to release the source it would be a great thing to do for the community, lets face it, it has been bypassed by all new cheats so there is actualy no reason in keeping the source private? By releasing the source you might make the people working on this new utdc version look at it in another angle, instead of the "killing the fun" angle they have decided to keep using.

Looking through the history of UT and AC, your mod is perhaps the best ever made, considering what it does and how it does it. Please share it with us, there are many other people working on their own little "AC" things arround here, not just the UTDC guys.

To those who say: hey, protect the code by all means!!! ... forget it, the cheatcoders already knows what they need to know, it will help us more to see the code than to hide it away in just one guys pc.

Denne hjemmeside er en vittighed, humor er godt men dobbeltmoral er skidt
Unread 15th January, 2009, 04:28 PM
Holy Shit!!

Maybe release the source to trusted people only>> that have the experience to handle this
Fun-Dump.com 5k uniques daily
Phunneyshit.net 2k uniques daily
Trash n Babes 1,5k uniques daily
Babe-Dumper 1,5k uniques daily <New Site
Unread 15th January, 2009, 07:24 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtSense View Post
Maybe release the source to trusted people only>> that have the experience to handle this
Was already done a few years ago. Some of us contacted suck (including myself) and got the source, but I don't think anyone ever did anything to it/with it.

Having seen it, I'll just say that it's stuff that is *WAY* above the average coder's level of proficiency. Personally I'd like to see it kept private source and given out on a as-requested basis to coders with a long history in the UT community.

[/2cents]
Unread 15th January, 2009, 07:48 PM
Godlike

Looking forward to see it tbh
Unread 16th January, 2009, 12:04 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2399Skillz View Post
Hey Suck,

So are you officially abandoning the project? I don't think anyone really uses NBSP anymore, since it's pretty much bypassed by all the newer cheats now-a-days.

Never really used NBSP personally, is it a UTPure/CHSP replacement or an addon like ASH?
NBSP is a UTPure replacement, that focused on detection. The main aim of NBSP was to keep it 100% compatible with other mods, unlike UTPure.

I think I officially abandoned this project in 2005...
Unread 16th January, 2009, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suck View Post
NBSP is a UTPure replacement, that focused on detection. The main aim of NBSP was to keep it 100% compatible with other mods, unlike UTPure.

I think I officially abandoned this project in 2005...
Ok that's what I thought it was.

Though if what Matthew said is right, then I think holding on to it would be the best option.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 16th January, 2009, 05:37 AM
Holy Shit!!

Well, as Matthew and others allready have the source and did zip with it ...... it only speaks for a public release.

Personaly i see one person here at the forums who thinks in different ways to defaet some cheats ... he goes by the name Azura. He should at least recieve a PM with the source as i believe he would be capable of atualy make it usefull.

Would be nice to have an alternative to UTDC minus.

Denne hjemmeside er en vittighed, humor er godt men dobbeltmoral er skidt
Unread 16th January, 2009, 03:26 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suck View Post
Hello All,

Once again. It has been a long time for me...

I am thinking of releasing the NBSP kit (source code) public. I haven't touched this project since 2005.

I am unsure, if this game is still being played so... Any input into your suggestions on whether I should or shouldn't would be great.

I will check back in a few days, with a final decision.

Cheers,
- Suck (Creater of NBSP).
Hi suck,

Long time no see. I have the source code of NBSP somewhere (sent by Matthew I think) but there were a few things I haven't been able to figure out. It'd be nice to exchange a few messages on the techniques you've used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Having seen it, I'll just say that it's stuff that is *WAY* above the average coder's level of proficiency.
Yes, I agree with that. Some of that code definitely needs to be explained. Plus, I don't it'd be wise to make something without taking the usual steps to make sure decompilation is impossible.

How about a collaborative project of some sort ? I've always found it a shame that ACs end up being monolithic blocks that don't interact with anything else. If you look at the idea behind UTDC's Actionman, there's the possibility of having mods "talk" between each other without necessarily giving access to source code. In fact, unrealscript can support proper OOP no problem.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.

Last edited by Azura : 16th January, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Unread 25th January, 2009, 03:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

Just a passing thought. Maybe documenting the project would make this more than worthwhile.

I mean, we all understand the code to various degrees so maybe we could type something up in a word document or html (or maybe just use http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:UnCodeX ).

That way we don't monopolize suck's time and I'm hoping suck will hang around a little while for the occasional question that might pop up.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 27th January, 2009, 08:50 PM
Dominating

if not mistaken NBSP was about CRC checks and mod restriction

also for compiling it will require a modified Uweb to permit the code made for the crc checks

it was 2005, hard to remember right :p but i had it also, i did some beta testing with you

i used some of the crc code in my lost ASC version

i dont play anymore for many time and dont even know if the game is still played but if it his your came back to exchange ideas with the coders is really great

glad to see you even if you dont remember me at all

and Matt [[]]
Unread 30th January, 2009, 05:21 PM
Unstoppable

Well i say make it public. May help some one else who is either starting out or has the time to keep updating it or making something different from it.

yes before the 7485573 posts say keep private the cheaters will see how it was done and so on.....remember it`s old, cheaters already use other ways these days, so i see no harm in a public release.

P.S welcome back SUCK

1 thing i forgot to mention..............if it goes public like cshp did, Please remove the obfuscator............

Last edited by NuFF$@iD : 30th January, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Unread 31st January, 2009, 03:17 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
if not mistaken NBSP was about CRC checks and mod restriction
There are a few other fancy tricks being used. It might be of no use with native bots but it's still current when it comes to uscript.

Unread 20th March, 2009, 02:20 AM
Rampage

Hello,

Sorry about the disappearance once again. Anyhow, I have come to the decision to release the package. You can download the package at the following URL:

http://www.whatamindjob.com/nbspkit.rar

I am open to answer questions if needeth be, however; since I haven't touched this since 2005, my memory of methods used is very limited.

Feel free to share this package.

Thanks,
Suck.
Unread 20th March, 2009, 09:54 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Obfuscation. Thanks to ProfessorQ for the personalized version of QObfuscate.
This nifty program has not been included in the package- sorry
Im pretty sure I see the exe in there...
Unread 20th March, 2009, 10:29 AM
Rampage

Its a fake, 0kb file. Please check again.
Unread 20th March, 2009, 11:38 AM
Holy Shit!!

Yep, didnt notice. Just spotted the file name.
Unread 20th March, 2009, 05:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

Well, since this is now open to the public, it would be a nice idea to document NBSP on the UnrealWiki.

Here's a link :
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/NBSP_Documentation_Project

Last edited by Azura : 20th March, 2009 at 05:40 PM.