You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org

Unread 14th May, 2005, 12:04 PM
Unstoppable

Default UTPlus is coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo
If you are a so-called "competitive gamer", you most likely already heard of UTComp, mutator that adds bright skins, hit sounds and quite a few other features to UT2004. While I agree that some features of UTComp are definately required for competitive matches, I feel that many of its features are sources for lags or other kinds of performance decreases – not because of their existance, but because of their implementation.

That and the fact that I don't particularly like the UTComp bright skins made me rethink my stance on the development of Tournament (a competitive mod of mine for UT2003 that died off during alpha stage) and Anti TCC. So I started working on a new mod for UT2004, which was supposed to bundle all the good things in UTComp, Anti TCC and a few other mods. Of course, this project is too complex to be finished any time soon, so it has to be chunked up into modules that can be worked on independantly.

The first release of "UTPlus", as the project soon was called, will have competitive features like bright skins, hit sounds and automatic demorecording and end-game scoreboard screenshots. Unlike UTComp, it is also aimed at the needs of server admins by offering a player GUID database, a UTAN plug-in and in-game access to the UTPlus server-side options. Other features planned for the first release include team-colored death messages, client-side options for existing UT2004 features and big improvements for demo playback, at least for demos recorded with UTPlus. Quite a lot more features have been suggested already, but those will have to wait for later releases.

There is no release date yet, but watching the ToDo list might help estimating it. Once all items for release 1 are done, all that's requited before release is some testing.
Links
Wormbo's Homepage
UTPlus 2Do-List

Last edited by Azazel : 14th May, 2005 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 14th May, 2005, 05:03 PM
Godlike

Quote:
The first release of "UTPlus", as the project soon was called, will have competitive features like bright skins, hit sounds and automatic demorecording and end-game scoreboard screenshots. Unlike UTComp, it is also aimed at the needs of server admins by offering a player GUID database, a UTAN plug-in and in-game access to the UTPlus server-side options. Other features planned for the first release include team-colored death messages, client-side options for existing UT2004 features and big improvements for demo playback, at least for demos recorded with UTPlus. Quite a lot more features have been suggested already, but those will have to wait for later releases
And then I wonder, why not work with the UTComp team to develop those features for UTComp, instead of finding out the same wheel again causing confusion for both admins and users and a competition on a scene that much rather would benefit from people working together.
Unread 14th May, 2005, 05:40 PM
out of order

UTPlus is based on an entirely new design, new code, etc. with high compatibility in mind, while UTComp started out as a quick port of TTM2003's features for UT2004 including its bugs and problems. Reason enough for me to start (almost) from scratch again.
The UTPlus design even makes it possible to whitelist the main mutator. Only enabling the additional features like brightskins and hitsounds will prevent a server from being "standard", then.
Unread 14th May, 2005, 06:50 PM
Dominating

sounds like its gonna be nice !
Unread 14th May, 2005, 07:18 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tax
sounds like its gonna be nice !

but totally useless
Unread 15th May, 2005, 10:15 AM
Holy Shit!!

Is it going to be an anticheat mod ? If so, can all the "pro gamer" stuff be separate while staying compatible ? It's just that it's going to create attention and possibly compromise the mods as a whole.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 15th May, 2005, 11:52 AM
out of order

Currently the anti-cheat plugin is in a very early stage and will not be included in the first release. UTPlus will be fully (read: more than UTComp) compatible with Anti TCC and SafeGame, because it doesn't prevent the anti-cheat from replacing the PlayerController class.
Later, the plugin will be available as two seperate packages (server and client component). The server component most likely will be dependant on a specific UTPlus server and client version, while the client component will only rely on a specific version of the UTPlus client component. In general, the UTPlus design allows updates of its server components while the client components can remain unchanged.

For example:
A server is running UTPlus v1.2. This means the server requires clients to have the v1 client component, and runs the v1.2 server component.
The same server might be using UTPlus Anti-Cheat v1.2.1.3 (i.e. a version of the anti-cheat plugin that is compatible with UTPlus v1.2), which consists of UTPAC client v1.1 and UTPAC server v1.2.1.3.
Unread 15th May, 2005, 12:54 PM
Holy Shit!!

I can't wait to test this. The only thing I'm not too thrilled about is the hint at some sort of "enhanced netcode"...
Unread 15th May, 2005, 01:16 PM
out of order

Nothing to worry about. UTPlus currently consists of an AccessControl class (can enforce UTAN bans before a player connects and will later implement features like reserved slots and extended GUID policies - think: "no GUIDs except these" or "this GUID only from this IP range", etc.) and the main mutator inplementing the whitelist-compilant features, as well as four additional mutators: Hit Sound, Bright Skins, Ping Prediction and Advanced Movement.
Those mutators can either be enabled through the mutators list or through the UTPlus options and most likely won't be whitelisted. They also work without the main mutator or the AccessControl.
Unread 16th May, 2005, 11:06 AM
Killing Spree

Do you have a mailing list somewhere that we can join notifying us upon your release ?
Unread 16th May, 2005, 11:43 AM
out of order

No. Watch the news here or in my section of this forum.
Unread 3rd June, 2005, 01:01 AM
Holy Shit!!

Thumbs up

Totally Awesome Wormbo

Best Of Luck with your project!
Unread 24th June, 2005, 10:13 PM
Forum Newcomer

Wormbo - I cannot wait for this!

One humble request, possibly even for seperate mutator. But you know how on AntiTCC it prompts you the first time to allow access to check the local drive for files. Is it possible to have something similar that would display a usage policy and the user would have to agree to it before gaining access to the server the first time?
Unread 26th August, 2005, 10:20 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hey wormbo, looks like this thing is getting closer to release as it's being tested on the ScrapBin. yay.

Had a question:

Does the ping prediction replace weapon classes? That's one huge problem I found with UTComp when trying to make a mutator that modifies weapons, the newnet code cannot be used since the newnet weapon classes are not provided in the code to be extended.

Also, are you going to make the code available to people like me who want to make compatible mutators? I think that would be a great help to the community.

Thanks,

Mid
Unread 11th March, 2006, 05:58 PM
Forum Newcomer

Anybody got any additional info on this?

Been 7 Months since the last post and it was getting close.

Anybody?

}UFT{Axxis
Unread 11th March, 2006, 06:40 PM
Holy Shit!!

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13860
Unread 11th March, 2006, 06:57 PM
Forum Newcomer

Was the test version worth using since ANTI TCC was discontinued as well, or would I be better off just running the latest version of ANTI TCC and UT COMP?