You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org

Unread 5th February, 2007, 12:28 PM
Godlike

Well, It just me, I kinda maybe agree on you with that.
Unread 6th February, 2007, 07:31 PM
Unstoppable

i don't wan't to start a flaming, or discussion . but i really dunno why people say ut2k4 is more like quake. imho it has nothing to do with it, and + its the best game for movement freedom. you prolly all know the assault training maps like cryptofpuzzles and so on , can you turn them into so much fun with UTclassic movement? i don't think so . UT2k4 is as original as UTClassic with its style imo . i don't like those compares .
Unread 7th February, 2007, 04:35 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_IMMortal View Post
i don't wan't to start a flaming, or discussion . but i really dunno why people say ut2k4 is more like quake. imho it has nothing to do with it, and + its the best game for movement freedom. you prolly all know the assault training maps like cryptofpuzzles and so on , can you turn them into so much fun with UTclassic movement? i don't think so . UT2k4 is as original as UTClassic with its style imo . i don't like those compares .
agreed. theres no other game for movement quite like ut2004, its the best FPS for multiplayer team based games there is !! ONS & TAM still being very popular even today. nothing like Quake !

in Quake 1,2,3,4 you bunny hop nuff said ! only other game comes close to UT's movement is Warsow !

Admin of the Unreal NeXus www.unrealnexus.com ...
Euro TAM 1: ut2004://193.93.45.74:7777 Euro TAM 2: ut2004://193.93.45.122:7777
Tweek@s Place, DM : ut2004://193.93.45.121:7777
Unread 8th February, 2007, 11:43 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backburner View Post
ONS & TAM still being very popular even today.
dont forget iCTF please
Unread 8th February, 2007, 04:05 PM
Holy Shit!!

Well, UT2003 did have a mix of UT and Quake in it. For one, all the characters suddenly looked like they were all on steroids. Other details include the Quakish-like drop down console, the blood splats, the changes physics, the grunting sounds, the icon-like pickups, the brown-red colour scheme, the nerfed weapons, etc.

I'm not knocking the game, especially since I played UT2004 for a year or more (iCTF and NW). I actually like it to a certain degree except for NW ffa where it's tough surviving on a server full of spammers. It's just that it was obvious at the time that UT2003 was both a mix of a sequel and something that would appeal to Quake fans while ID software was still working on the next Quake. I even had one of these Quake players in my clan who started off on UT2003 bombing run.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.

Last edited by Azura : 8th February, 2007 at 04:09 PM.
Unread 14th February, 2007, 05:34 PM
Killing Spree

I love suit logic...lets change the name of it because we can....gggrrrrr

UT99 fun
UT03 nerfed
UT04 better but still warted down

Heck even they forgot 03

03 is alot better than quake3 but not as fun as UT,I have issues with D3 and Q4 both SP and MP sides are meek and just weak compared to their past....

I can see what they are doing with the UT03 thign they are trying to tie in Unreal 3 engine or game with it......still its a dumb suit maneuver to and PR stunt.
Unread 16th February, 2007, 07:08 PM
Rampage

The logic behind the name Unreal Tournament III is explained by Mark Rein in the video from the following link: (ie 2k3 and 2k4 share the same elements etc) http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/un...om_clk=mostpop
They also talk about the addition of a single player mode rather than a ladder mode found in UT. As for release, it is mentioned "Late Fall, or if we don't feel we're ready, we'll wait until next year" ... ouch. (if thats the case calling it UT2007 and releasing in 2008 is well ... you know)
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not sure how to draw out another year of 2K4 ... What I'm getting out of that interview, is that it might be due to the addition of the Xbox 360 platform that we will get a further delay in release. I've been playing Unreal since Unreal 1 ... I've always supported every release, but this time I'm starting to get a bit pissed waiting for the new one. This year will see many new game releases, and as always most people will migrate over to the new and leave the old behind. With 2K4 already showing a huge drop in players over the past year and a half (which I still acredit to the botters), I would have hoped for a speedier release of the new Unreal. oh well ...
Unread 16th February, 2007, 08:19 PM
Killing Spree

I just hope it's really an Unreal Tournament sequel, and gameplay resembles.
Gameplay in 2k4 is completely different, shouldn't even be called Unreal Tournament.
Unread 14th March, 2007, 08:56 PM
Rampage

Talking

Seriously, The developers need to do more about the cheater problems, I mean EVERY UT based game is a cesspool of cheaters and the developers haven't done squat about it, They got their eyes on the XBOX crap (ie:$$$) and need to get the hell back to their core PC players. What about a punkbuster/active cheat protection system? perhaps all mutators mods would need to be registered??,I have not heard any real discussion about the cheating thing for 2007.

Rant Rant Rant....

, I'll still be the first person in line....

=/\F=Clan forums: http://www.Tacticalops.tk

Tactical Ops 3.4 Clan Leader, Forum Admin, Server Admin.
Unread 14th March, 2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator

The new Rainbow Six based on the UT3 engine uses Punkbuster so anythings possible.

Im sure though that Joe Wilcox said they would never use it.

Phoenix Alliance - The Movie
Revisionistic Movie
The Unreal Admins Page - the resource for unreal admins
Unread 14th March, 2007, 09:07 PM
Rampage

*Me winks in sarcasim as me says:

"I'm sure they will have cheating under control"

=/\F=Clan forums: http://www.Tacticalops.tk

Tactical Ops 3.4 Clan Leader, Forum Admin, Server Admin.

Last edited by =/\F=VENOM : 14th March, 2007 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 31st March, 2007, 04:04 PM
Rampage

Well, if they don't control the sheating, or at least make SOME attempts, I imagine you'll see the same thing as 2K4 where players will lose interest with 6month to the first year of release. Personally if not for the efforts of individuals who created AntiTCC or SafeGame for taaht matter I think all interest would have died completely. Realistically this is the responsibility of the game maker should they want to have a sucessful game with a long life span. Every variation of Unreal has had a huge problem with cheaters, but I think 2k4 was a nightmare. That being said, for some of the more extreme problem children I did get a great response from Cliffy B and team at Epic and they eleminated one particular pest who was causing havoc on countless servers including our own. That being said, I imagine they have better things to do than email me back and forth to try to swat the problem. Although I'm a bit pissy at waiting now even more time for the next release, I would hope this gives more time to address some sort of cheat protection.

Fact is its an open source game where people are invited to play with the code to create awesome toys for all of us to enjoy. With that does come the problem where people with SOME knowledge of code can use this to create things like bots. There will always be a handful of morons out there who are envious that we are all having a great time playing a game, we just need a good set of tools created by EPIC to make sure we can fight this next wave of losers who will attempt yet once again to ruin the day.
Unread 31st March, 2007, 07:19 PM
Holy Shit!!

I'm sure UT3 won't have problems with fake server stealing keys.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 2nd April, 2007, 07:36 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardfloor View Post
Well, if they don't control the sheating, or at least make SOME attempts, I imagine you'll see the same thing as 2K4 where players will lose interest with 6month to the first year of release. Personally if not for the efforts of individuals who created AntiTCC or SafeGame for taaht matter I think all interest would have died completely. Realistically this is the responsibility of the game maker should they want to have a sucessful game with a long life span. Every variation of Unreal has had a huge problem with cheaters, but I think 2k4 was a nightmare. That being said, for some of the more extreme problem children I did get a great response from Cliffy B and team at Epic and they eleminated one particular pest who was causing havoc on countless servers including our own. That being said, I imagine they have better things to do than email me back and forth to try to swat the problem. Although I'm a bit pissy at waiting now even more time for the next release, I would hope this gives more time to address some sort of cheat protection.

Fact is its an open source game where people are invited to play with the code to create awesome toys for all of us to enjoy. With that does come the problem where people with SOME knowledge of code can use this to create things like bots. There will always be a handful of morons out there who are envious that we are all having a great time playing a game, we just need a good set of tools created by EPIC to make sure we can fight this next wave of losers who will attempt yet once again to ruin the day.
Meh I see more gameplay issues with UToX more than anything else UC expanded on the basics of UT and created a new type of UT but its melee needs some polish weapon pick up needs to be by map not what you pick,UC is a bit more fun once you learn the controls I think UToX just has bland weapons they need to be balanced more and they need to bring back the frigging UT rocket launcher its just not UT without it.

Been putting off switching to o4,o3 is odd to code on..uhg I need to get off my arse and back to it >>

I need to dig up a slow bullet code for a idea I have....and it can go with the pile of ideas I have cluttering my mind *L*