You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 14th May, 2002, 03:44 PM
Cygnus X1

Im transitioning my servers over to Linux SuSE 8.0, trying to anyway. The game runs well and I can start a server, but I cannot get a dedicated server to start. I am running the game then clicking on the dedicated server button, it just closes the game. I have not tried writing or using UCC.bat I do not know how or what i need for this.
Any recomendations? I am a Linux newbie
Unread 15th May, 2002, 02:12 PM
Gruik

The quickest and easiest way to set up a dedicated server running on Linux is in my opinion, to set up SME Server 5.1.2 and to follow our Howto Install Unreal Tournament on SME Server 5.1.2 . Sorry, dunno anything about Suse...
Unread 15th May, 2002, 11:36 PM
T1000

Im not sure if you have been to this site but you may want too check it out

http://www.planetunreal.com/theadminpage/T...LinuxServer.htm

You also might want to keep ipchains and or iptables(suggested if your running revision 2.4.18) you will have to setup the Accept / Deny rules .
Unread 17th May, 2002, 04:34 AM
Cygnus X1

OK I try to run "ucc server" and weather i specify a map or not it starts loading the server then I get "UdpServerUpLink:failed to resolve master address. aborting" It does bind to port and looks up unreal.epicgames.com but cannot find host master0.gamespy.com at this point it just hangs up. I have visited planet unreal but did not see anything to tell me what im doing wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated. Maybe I need to learn Linux better?
Unread 17th May, 2002, 08:49 AM
Gruik

Do you havea static or dynamic IP address ?
If you have a dynamic IP you have tu get registered with DynDNS (it's free) then put the domain name you chose into the server configuration then send them your IP address...
Did you launch the bash asu.sh command ?
Unread 5th June, 2002, 02:02 AM
abfackeln2

okay, "ucc server" is just asking for trouble .. if you are not using ASU then you are just making it hard on yourself

run ASU and then build yourself an init script -- if you still have trouble, send the last 10 lines or so of your log