You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 11th September, 2008, 06:42 AM
Rampage

Default Anticheats suggestions?

If i where to setup a server without UTDC, then what is in your opinion the best configuration choosing from the (public?) available options? And are there any "golden rules" to how they must be configured to work as good as possible taking both security and gameplay (read: lag) into consideration?

It's not that i don't like UTDC, but since a lot of players have trouble with servers running it i have to ask this question. After all UT is a game, people just want to have fun with it (and some want to destroy the fun by cheating).
Unread 11th September, 2008, 03:10 PM
Dominating

The latest version of UTDC with the configs in the read me is very stable, that combined with Anthchecker is the best protection you will get behind GNAT (which is private)
Unread 12th September, 2008, 08:57 PM
Rampage

m8, i asked for setups NOT including UTDC?

Unread 12th September, 2008, 09:35 PM
Holy Shit!!

24HrAdminRC82 does wonders I hear.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 12th September, 2008, 10:53 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider View Post
m8, i asked for setups NOT including UTDC?

whats the point?
Unread 12th September, 2008, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Then password protect the server and only give the password to people you know and trust.

UTDC is about the only thing that can catch majority of the bots that hook the UT engine. Even then, UTDC is soon to be very outdated as is the rest of the cheat protections because the author no longer updates it.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 14th September, 2008, 12:57 PM
Dominating

Stand by UTDC, its great and I'm sure the support will continue
Unread 16th September, 2008, 08:59 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBe View Post
whats the point?

you may or may not have heard about it, but the installation procedure of UTDC is not exactly easy, many player can't join the server after clicking "install" a million times. Then they give up and find another server.
Unread 16th September, 2008, 09:56 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider View Post
the installation procedure of UTDC is not exactly easy, many player can't join the server after clicking "install" a million times.
I believe "many" is an exaggeration. Yes there are other problems with some OS'es, but installing the thing should be a doable task.

If you dont use UTDC, your server will be swarming with cheaters. Simple fact. Then, one might argue; Whats the point of bothering with any anticheat mods at all?

Same thing happens on servers where UTDC is installed, but theres no uscript protection.
Unread 7th October, 2008, 02:03 PM
Holy Shit!!

I'll get yelled at, but the best way I can think of, and it's probably not able to be done, is to have a uscripted protection package that comes with detailed instructions telling the admins how to bytehack it. Why? If you come up with blahblahblah.u and release it to 3000 server admins, and each one bytehacks it, imagine the logistical nightmare hackers will have. In my opinion the best way to defeat them is to overwhelm them. Yes, a new hack can be made to defeat them all, but until you are sure which blahblahblah.u version you are up against, and you're one of those careful cheaters who doesn't want to get busted, you won't care to be connecting to any servers anymore will you? This, implemented in ladder competition would severely deplete the ranks of the ladder competitors, trust me.
Unread 7th October, 2008, 03:05 PM
Holy Shit!!

they would just bypass it instead of hacking it :? and if its uscripted as you say, then what is the point? any number of native cheats would work on there anyway
Unread 7th October, 2008, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTicklemonster View Post
I'll get yelled at, but the best way I can think of, and it's probably not able to be done, is to have a uscripted protection package that comes with detailed instructions telling the admins how to bytehack it. Why? If you come up with blahblahblah.u and release it to 3000 server admins, and each one bytehacks it, imagine the logistical nightmare hackers will have. In my opinion the best way to defeat them is to overwhelm them. Yes, a new hack can be made to defeat them all, but until you are sure which blahblahblah.u version you are up against, and you're one of those careful cheaters who doesn't want to get busted, you won't care to be connecting to any servers anymore will you? This, implemented in ladder competition would severely deplete the ranks of the ladder competitors, trust me.

That's not a bad theory. Leebe, this could be true with native code as well.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 7th October, 2008, 06:01 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2399Skillz View Post
That's not a bad theory. Leebe, this could be true with native code as well.
that would mean a custom .dll you would have to download on every server, I actually cannot think of a worse security risk
Unread 7th October, 2008, 07:57 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBe View Post
that would mean a custom .dll you would have to download on every server, I actually cannot think of a worse security risk
Exactly. Being 'used to' downloading a unknown .dll file from new servers you join is just plain crazy.

Best anticheat is running utdc and eut AND being an active admin eliminating the folks that ruin the fun on your server.
Unread 8th October, 2008, 03:27 PM
Holy Shit!!

unfortunately all security measures mentioned here have been breached and theres not much you can do about it.

you can install all the anticheats and have problem after problem after problem as you will notice in the forum boards , litterally 100's of problems.

utdc2.1 will block most older cheats but thats about it really , it has been compromised and is more trouble then its worth...

nexgen is a nice system which allows for alot of functionality, you could also try pure7g which logs user details and all mods (apart from injected ones) to be logged for latter viewing.

Anthchecker is not to bad either but is better joined with utdc

imo... you'll be lucky to get 5 or 6 people onto your server at any one time. and unless you have something different to offer from other servers I would'nt bother.