You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 23rd February, 2006, 12:43 AM
Rampage

Default Question about UTAN

I have a question about UTAN. Say I'm banned from one server that runs the UTAN mutator, b/c I used that stolen keycode (that many others like knuckle used). Then I switch to a legit keycode that I own. I go back to that same server and I'm still banned by UTAN because it bans my IP as well. Does that mean I'm banned on every server that runs UTAN, or just that one?

More Info:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...1942#post81942
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...2145#post82145
Unread 23rd February, 2006, 02:31 AM
Godlike

It depends.....

Just because a server runs UTAN doesn't mean they accept all Global bans. They may just use it for local ban management, they're own list of cheaters or idiots they want off the server. You could play on non-UTAN and local-ban only UTAN servers.

Second thing a UTAN global ban can only have one IP associated with it as far as i can tell. A warez key ban couldn't have more than one specific IP associated with it. Which IP of 40 users would they assign ?

So if you got yourself a legit key i don't see why then you couldn't then play anywhere. Spend the few dollars buy the game it's gotta be in the discount bin these days.
Unread 23rd February, 2006, 02:35 AM
Rampage

Yes. Okay, so now that I have the game, I know that I can't get on that one utan server that banned me by ip for entering with a stolen keycode before. Since then, I bought the game.

Not that one server matters though, as long as I can get on other servers that run utan with global bans, right? If my ip is needed to take it off the system, it's 68.173.199.253 according to www.whatismyip.com

Last edited by Gambit : 23rd February, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
Unread 23rd February, 2006, 09:32 AM
out of order

If you want anyone to look at a ban, post an appeal for it in the correct subforum.
Unread 23rd February, 2006, 10:06 AM
Rampage

Okay but before I make an appeal, shouldn't I check and make sure that another global UTAN server bans me, even with the new keycode. So that I can check, can someone give me any server ip that runs UTAN with global settings? Sorry to be a pain. I'm kinda new to 2k4 :x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b][rch.Co30
Second thing a UTAN global ban can only have one IP associated with it as far as i can tell. A warez key ban couldn't have more than one specific IP associated with it. Which IP of 40 users would they assign ?
Thanks, I just re-read this a few times and it sounds like good news. I suppose I should still find out though.

Last edited by Gambit : 23rd February, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
Unread 24th February, 2006, 08:13 AM
Rampage

Can someone hook me up with a server ip that uses Utan to ban globally? Thx
Unread 24th February, 2006, 08:49 AM
out of order

Post a ban appeal with your ban id and you will know for sure whether it's global and why you have been banned.