You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Linux Specific

Unread 2nd August, 2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

Default Three[3] Major Mod Problems

Hi i am running an ut99full linux server on patch 451b and i wanted to use the following mods because i wanted real weapons agentx in the server, a mapvote wich gives u moutatorchoice in the menu and an good anticheat if posible new well wich i found, the following happend when i tested these 3 mods on my server;

1-ill start with the anticheat first, i found ACE anticheat 6 beta i installed it and in firs place it looked runned nicely on the server even on linux but somehow 80% of the clients couldn t connect and the logs where unclair to me, i have no doubt it is an good anticheat technically but it needs at least more testing before putting online and also it should only check ut system and pc ram nothing more is my view on it.

2-the mapvote wich i wanted to use for mutator choice also is x3dfxMapVotev25e ,looked nice but was pritty unsure with config and when u test it in default settings wich i mostly do in first place than the server go from a dm map to lets say an ctf map than the server switched kinda ok but the clients are somehow "kicked" off it and have to reconnect by each level switch,,, and i dunno if its an config problem or an converting to linux problem or both?i really dunno but it spoiled my day.

3-agentxv24 i tested on windows in 436 looked very nice mod i think basicaly stil is but when i instaleld it on my linux patch 451b ut server it had some major light and some weapon bugs than i saw black boxes in the middle of the windows on the lights and also looked a bit laggy when fired and some error i saw while recompiling it to patch 451b ,,,,,,,,help my day extra spoiled so i hope someone can help me explain what happend? cause i cant make the server i want to make this way
Unread 2nd August, 2010, 12:25 PM
Banned

Default addon to explain why i use patch 451B

Hello ,i use 451B patch because patch 436 and 440 on a server can be crashed from the outside ,in several ways ,besides the remote admin exploit wich u have to use command in console to disable webadmin.

i learned that 436 is an official patch but to low to have a save server
the same is for patch 440 wich is alot used by mapmakers though
patch 451b is crash proof unofficial patch made by utpg.org but nevertheless not bad exactly it adds alot more security to ur server so that why i use patch
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||451B||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||

however like i told above it stays a fight on linux
Unread 2nd August, 2010, 12:28 PM
Administrator

v0.6q is not the latest version and it would help a lot if you could post the logs. Many admins have successfully run v0.6q over the past couple of months so if 80% of your clients can't connect then there obviously is a problem on your side. Checking your UT system and pc ram is pretty much what ACE does.
Unread 2nd August, 2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

ive send u a PM to know which emai lto send logs to,