You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 26th October, 2003, 02:04 PM
ProfessorQ

Hello all,

I've released QValidate V1.00. Basically, this only contains 1 fix:
UT won't crash anymore when the dll isn't installed on the client system.

This version includes a loader which checks for the presency of the DLL first, before loading a QValidate instance for the client. When the DLL is not installed, the player will be kicked and a message will appear in his console with the URL where he can download the DLL. This URL is configurable, so you can host the DLL yourself and tell the player where it is .

** I've taken this V1.00 offline, cause it has a major bug, see below for info on V1.01 **
Unread 26th October, 2003, 02:47 PM
Suckage

nice work mate. keep it up.
Unread 26th October, 2003, 04:03 PM
[CiK]Sulphate

problem ! in ZP

one player has play has to return with the massmurder v1.00 and it functions!!!

number cache for ZPPure6E.u -->B5F7334011D7BD571000C6A34E0C0BA7=ZPPure6E.u
is corect?
thx
Unread 26th October, 2003, 04:12 PM
Knight_Shyft

Hi - I think you're onto something good with this. Keep up the good work!
I must admit I don't know the first thing about what goes into writing these sort of things but I have a question about the DLL issue.

Is it possible to make it a redirect file(ServerPackage line in the ini file) so that when someone joins a server running this they would download it as they would a skin or map that they don't have?
Unread 26th October, 2003, 04:23 PM
spawnkiller

Quote:
Originally posted by pizzaboy79
i believe this has been looked into many times, and unfortunately the answer is no.  obviously people would like it if DLL's were included w/ the native packages

I emailed it to my regulars and put in my server adds so all can download it from my forum. I will wait two weeks then start using it. The resyt can get denied and download it later.
Unread 26th October, 2003, 04:36 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

ok i dident realy wanna post under this thread yet but since alot of u seem to be d/l and running this new version, i must tell u that u need to change something.... or it wont be checking anything.

u should have a file called QValidate.ini the one where u add the packages to be checked..

open it up with a text editor ,notepad will do.

change the top line from
QValidate.QChecker to QValidate100.QChecker
and save. restart your server and it should now be working
Unread 26th October, 2003, 07:33 PM
ProfessorQ

I must apologise cause I've been a little bit too hasty releasing this version. There's another bug in the loader. It checks for QValidate.dll in stead of QValidate100.dll. I'm now correcting this.
Unread 26th October, 2003, 08:11 PM
[CiK]Sulphate

ok nice but you want ajout number cache ZPPure6E.u in QValidate.ini?
thx
Unread 26th October, 2003, 08:25 PM
ProfessorQ

Quote:
Originally posted by '[CiK
Sulphate']problem ! in ZP

one  player has play  has to return with the massmurder v1.00 and it functions!!!  

number cache for ZPPure6E.u -->B5F7334011D7BD571000C6A34E0C0BA7=ZPPure6E.u
is corect?
thx
If that's how it's in cache.ini, it's correct.
If a player gets in with the massmurder hack using QValidate100, than that's probably correct, cause I forgot to correct the INI file in the ZIP (see Nuffsaid's post).
Unread 26th October, 2003, 08:52 PM
ProfessorQ

Okay, V1.01 is born

Don't use V1.00, because with the INI file in the ZIP, it won't work (see Nuffsaids post)!

I don't know if I should make a separate thread for this new version again, cause I don't wanna spam the forum with topics about QValidate, so I'll take the safe route, and post it as a reply .

FIXES:

- For each player, the checked packages will be logged.
- INI files now also have version numbers (for example: QValidate101.ini)
- V1.00's loader was checking for the presence of QValidate.dll in stead of QValidate100.dll

Download it here
Unread 26th October, 2003, 08:53 PM
L.O.S.T.

It didn't DL.
Unread 26th October, 2003, 09:18 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.
It didn't DL.
works fine here /
Unread 26th October, 2003, 09:20 PM
ProfessorQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight_Shyft
Hi - I think you're onto something good with this. Keep up the good work!  
I must admit I don't know the first thing about what goes into writing these sort of things but I have a question about the DLL issue.  

Is it possible to make it a redirect file(ServerPackage line in the ini file) so that when someone joins a server running this they would download it as they would a skin or map that they don't have?
I've already tried a lot of things to let UT auto-download the DLL, but no luck . That's why I've now come up with this loader, so players who don't have the DLL won't see their UT crash, but a nice 'missing file' error message in stead.

@ LOST: You probably tried to download V1.00 from the start post of this thread. I've taken it offline cause it has a major bug. I've posted V1.01 just before you posted your prob
Unread 27th October, 2003, 12:28 AM
m33p

Hey i know u may think this is kinda pointless but i think i could find a bit more use with it...... If you have ever played half-life u need to use the Cheating-death.... the server has a optional feature to make getting the file optional to have.... and then u could but in small text below where the ping is Validated or Not Validated I think it would make it easyer to just weed out ppl more.... and also have a option to change it while the server is currently running.... to u can change to optional or u need to have the fine... cause i think it makes it easyer cause i do to use it but only for like scrims... when its set just for the public i would like it running but not kicking ppl who don't have it.... just showing if there Validated or not.... makes it a pain to keep adding the package back an forth when i wanna use the thing and when i don't....
Unread 27th October, 2003, 03:09 AM
L.O.S.T.

Quote:
Originally posted by ProfessorQ
I've already tried a lot of things to let UT auto-download the DLL, but no luck . That's why I've now come up with this loader, so players who don't have the DLL won't see their UT crash, but a nice 'missing file' error message in stead.

@ LOST: You probably tried to download V1.00 from the start post of this thread. I've taken it offline cause it has a major bug. I've posted V1.01 just before you posted your prob
Ahhh, man!
Unread 27th October, 2003, 01:44 PM
[CiK]Sulphate

for QValidateLoader101.ini

url is - http://www.xxxx.com/
or
http://www.xxxx.com/QValidate101.dll
??
thx
Unread 27th October, 2003, 01:47 PM
[CiK]Sulphate

server CiK ZP
Qvalidate
195.149.21.22:7887 (jolt public)
Unread 27th October, 2003, 02:18 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

ok heres a few questions if seen asked in irc and also been asked to post here.

1 does it work with skins/stop neon bright skins.
2 can it be used to validate standard ut packages that are never in cache.
3 what does it detect,new bots ?
4 why do you need to install a dll file,is there another way.
5 will it stop the new eazyradar/doesent need hacked utpure.
6 what does it do,whats md5

those are some questions that are coming up constantly.
now hows about some irc channel where they could be sent to or a forum for more info,advice. most say they cant get an account here or dont want to."cant see why not".

maybe something like ash forum, who knows it could get as wide spread as ash is.
Unread 27th October, 2003, 10:02 PM
m33p

Simply 1 anwser to all of that..... MD5 checks the ut packages to make sure they havn't been changed... byte hacked etc.... so then if UTPure is hacked it kicks them and if no one can get in with hacked pures.... well UTPure does its job and stops all the other bots and skin hacks etc
Unread 27th October, 2003, 10:28 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Quote:
Originally posted by m33p
Simply 1 anwser to all of that..... MD5 checks the ut packages to make sure they havn't been changed... byte hacked etc.... so then if UTPure is hacked it kicks them and if no one can get in with hacked pures.... well UTPure does its job and stops all the other bots and skin hacks etc
anwsers just 3 and 6 realy . but people dont understand, i posted this so maybe there will be a irc channel or forum ,most people are just curious or have downloaded it from server and thus have no readme.no way of knowing what its for or does ,and im personaly sick of telling them the same old thing
my p.m`s went of the screan with whats qvalidate . what id like to have done is set a notice want info on qvalidate? visit http://www.blalba.com or got to #qvalidate.

i know if its all sorted out it will get used alot more so would be nice to have a site explaining what u just downloaded for the people who arnt into things like this only playing the game and are just curious.