You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 27th January, 2009, 08:32 AM
Killing Spree

Default what is this

Quote:
[2009-01-27 01:19:16] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ******* [ *******] IP: ******* Security ID: 1 using v3369, security state: PerformingMD5Checks
[2009-01-27 01:19:16] - Illegal Console Command: inject userflag 0
[2009-01-27 01:19:16] - in alias 'ToggleInjectUserFlag': inject userflag 1 | OnRelease inject userflag 0
[2009-01-27 01:23:57] - [Status] Map change, closing log file.
End log session for ONSOnslaughtGame on ONS-{UNK}UT99-RedneckNeighbors_V3_2 at Wednesday, 2009-01-27 01:23:57

this is actually me being logged while testing it on our clan server. I know im using anything illegal and most certainly not injecting anything anywhere , so what is that??!

P.S. now that i think about it, that didnt happen before i migrated my custom blacklist from beta26, i do have some MD5 checks in there as well as lots of blacklisted files, dont know if this will help pinpoint the issue.

Last edited by UnrealFan : 27th January, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Unread 27th January, 2009, 11:09 AM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by {DUB}VARDY View Post
hows about this:

- [INSECURE CLIENT] xxxx [ xxxx ] IP: xxxx Security ID: 5 using v3369, security state: Secure
- Illegal Console Command: inject
- typed in manually

i cant think of a 'good' reason to have that as a command
Probably just someone goofing around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealFan View Post
this is actually me being logged while testing it on our clan server. I know im using anything illegal and most certainly not injecting anything anywhere , so what is that??!

P.S. now that i think about it, that didnt happen before i migrated my custom blacklist from beta26, i do have some MD5 checks in there as well as lots of blacklisted files, dont know if this will help pinpoint the issue.
I recommend actually reading past the "[INSECURE CLIENT]" part, it clearly says what Anti TCC found. And I trust you know what keybinds you configured for yourself.
Unread 27th January, 2009, 11:13 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuD1369 View Post
[INSECURE CLIENT] *** [ *** ] IP: *** Security ID: 14 using v3369, security state: CheckRenderSettings
- Bad TimeDilation: 1.10
- Expected: 1.51
[Disconnect] *** [ *** ] IP: *** Security ID: 14 using v3369

Could you please shed a little light on this one please Wormbo.

Also, I had to remove Anti TCC from a server that was running UT2Vote57. When it is time to vote for next map, you could double click on a map from the list, or highlight it & hit submit & it wouldnt put it up for vote. I tried to log in as UT2Vote admin, I get the server msg that says Im logged in as admin, but when I open the vote menu & try to get into Game Setup the vote menu closes. No one can vote, we must wait for the vote timer to run out & let the server select a random map.

I removed TCC & everything is working like it should

Sorry for the double post, I couldnt find any info on "Bad TimeDilation:"
Unread 28th January, 2009, 09:06 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Probably just someone goofing around.

I recommend actually reading past the "[INSECURE CLIENT]" part, it clearly says what Anti TCC found. And I trust you know what keybinds you configured for yourself.

thanks, did some digging in my user.ini file and found this line

Aliases[39]=(Command="inject userflag 1 | OnRelease inject userflag 0",Alias="ToggleInjectUserFlag")

not sure what it does and how the heck it got there in the first place, got rid of it now....
Unread 30th January, 2009, 05:07 PM
out of order

New release 3 available. See first post for download link.

What has changed since release 2?
  • Fixed the SET command filter, which incorrectly blocked "set Input [key] [command]".
  • Fixed a default prefetch check entry that could possibly cause false positives.
  • Improved key reset code for Input Inconsistency checks.
  • Addressed some crashes related to replaced shadow projectors (client) and cleanup of player ID log files. (server) Not sure if those are actually fixed now or were just symptoms of other problems.
  • The server's current and maximum tick rate is now displayed in the server details box of the server browser and mid-game menu rules tab.
  • Fixed not being able to look up or down when standing on moving vehicles.
  • Fixed not being able to fire while driving vehicles
  • Sanity check: Prevented running Anti TCC and SafeGame at the same time - they are simply not compatible.
  • Fixed client demo playback view direction.

Are there any known bugs in this release?
Unfortunately, yes:
  • The way Anti TCC secures the console breaks admin menu commands of UT2Vote up to version 57 and some other mods. (These mods access the console though InteractionMaster.Console, which conflicts with Anti TCC's secured console feature. This must be fixed in those mods, I can't do anything about it.)
Unread 30th January, 2009, 06:24 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thank you. No. Thank you.
Unread 30th January, 2009, 09:08 PM
Holy Shit!!

*hugs Wormbo*
Unread 1st February, 2009, 10:03 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default final

I like the fact that this new string of detection is not posted as FINAL. couple quick questions, and possible enhancement. 1: Does this version scan memory? or just stored data? 2: using hitplots as a possible detection method, would it not be a good thing to save hitscan shots by player id for each map in an xy plot? over time these plots could be verified against trig/aimbot emergent pattern. If this data is stored in playerid.ini you can take a history plot it and cross reference with a given helios pattern.

-babs
Unread 1st February, 2009, 11:48 AM
out of order

Plot data would be far too large for an INI file, I think. It would have to take near-misses into account, head location (which changes as a player moves), aiming on partially covered players (which is hard to examine), etc.
Some bots even aim for different body parts, have different way to compensate ping, different way to actually aim, and so on.

Also, how do you count shots at groups of players? Hard to tell, which player was actually aimed at if someone else is hit.
Unread 4th February, 2009, 05:04 PM
Forum Newcomer

Cool

Hi

I have some questions about antitcc..

Firstly, I was trying antitcc 2009 on my serv and it seems to mess up ambient sound on maps. There are several maps on the serv which use ambient sound with large radius to play music across the map, and when antitcc was in use it seemed to disable the music. I thought it might be something to do with the lock rolloff feature but I turned that off and it was still disabling the ambient sound. I looked the problem up and saw that someone else had the same problem with a previous version back in 2006 here: http://forums.epicgames.com/archive/...?t-516295.html but no one has posted a solution there.

Ok and two other small things - I was wondering if it's possible to add a new "allowed class" to antitcc, and also if it's possible to disable that extra countdown it puts in. After a 15 second practise round the game usually starts straight away but with antitcc running it adds an extra 10 second countdown after the practise round has ended.. which is a little annoying.

So yeh other than the ambient sound problem it a great security mut and I think it's quite a bit better than previous versions

thanks
Unread 5th February, 2009, 05:56 PM
out of order

Hmm, forgot about the practice round. That additional delay is for performing an end-game check at the end of a round.

Allowed classes are all classes available on the server, unless they are explicitly blacklisted, of course. To prevent players from being kicked for certain unknown classes, simply make sure those classes are installed on the server. I guess I could somehow link it to MD5 checks, i.e. classes in MD5-checked packages are automatically allowed.

The ambient sound music thing is intentional and I won't change it. Any ambient sound with a duration of more than 60 seconds is disabled.
Unread 5th February, 2009, 06:11 PM
Forum Newcomer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Hmm, forgot about the practice round. That additional delay is for performing an end-game check at the end of a round.

Allowed classes are all classes available on the server, unless they are explicitly blacklisted, of course. To prevent players from being kicked for certain unknown classes, simply make sure those classes are installed on the server. I guess I could somehow link it to MD5 checks, i.e. classes in MD5-checked packages are automatically allowed.

The ambient sound music thing is intentional and I won't change it. Any ambient sound with a duration of more than 60 seconds is disabled.
Oh ok thanks for the reply but couldn't you at least make the disabling ambient sound thing optional..

I really want to use antitcc on my serv because I think it's the best security mut out there but if it changes the way certain maps should be then that's a pretty big negative aspect :/
Unread 7th February, 2009, 07:30 PM
Holy Shit!!

A player tried to join our server with a bot installed. When I checked the log, it showed basically showed this :
Code:
 -      Found disallowed file(s) 'ZelliusBot.u'
 -      Matching custom blacklist wildcard '*Zellius*'
 -      (Please check that there's actually a match, otherwise it's a false 
 -      Found disallowed file(s) 'ZelliusBot.iniZelliusBot.u'
 -      Matching default blacklist wildcard 'Zellius*.*'
 -      (Please check that there's actually a match, otherwise it's a false positive.)
The two files detected are not separated in the output, but that's no big deal. What somewhat worries me though, is that the custom wildcard seems to only have caught one of those two files. So, my question is: does AntiTCC only checks for matching .u files when no extension is specified in a DisallowedFile entry?
Unread 7th February, 2009, 09:43 PM
out of order

No '.' or '\' or '/' means Anti TCC will perform a package search based on the client's Paths=... list. (The * in the Paths entry is replaced with the string you specified.) If you want to look for files with any extension in the System directory, either append '.*' or prepend './' to turn it into a regular file wildcard.
Unread 8th February, 2009, 09:00 AM
Holy Shit!!

Oki, thanks
Unread 8th February, 2009, 10:16 AM
out of order

BTW: To find files without an extension, append a '.'.
Unread 13th February, 2009, 10:17 AM
Holy Shit!!

Could you add a webadmin page to customize the blacklist and MD5 checks please?
Unread 13th February, 2009, 05:37 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARsEnAl51 View Post
It would be nice.
Unread 12th March, 2009, 02:48 PM
out of order

Release 4 is out!

What has changed since release 3?
  • Fixed a rotation lock problem that could affect player rotation on end of AVRiL lock.
  • Fixed a display bug in the WhoWas command.
  • In Assault, the ResetTimeDelay is only extended to at least 15 seconds if the practice round is disabled.
  • Long ambient sounds are only disabled if the client has disabled music.
  • Unknown classes in packages that don't exist on the server will no longer be reported if the package is in the list of MD5 checks. This means you don't need to install voice and announcer packs on your server anymore just to allow them on clients. A QuickMD5 (or FullMD5) entry will be enough to "whitelist" them.
  • Added detection and workaround for player slot exploits.
  • Merged in Custom Punishments code. Admins (including silently logged-in ones) can now slap or kill annoying players.
  • Improved efficiency of blacklisted keybind detection.
  • Added 'Mutate AntiTCC GetServerTickRate' (or 'GetServerTickRate' for short), which will display the server's current tick rate in the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARsEnAl51 View Post
Maybe for release 5.
Unread 12th March, 2009, 03:05 PM
Forum Newcomer

Uploading. Thank you.