You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > Dr. SiN's Mods > Visual UC++

Unread 23rd September, 2001, 02:52 PM
Mr.Mitchell

I have been using RC5 for some time now and I have some suggestions that could make life easier.
  • Sort the trees alphabetically, so it becomes easier to find a class.
  • Add an editbox to the class tree that does the same as the one in the packagetree. So I type a classname and the tree automatically opens on that class. I know I can type my class in the packagewindow, open it and switch to the classtree, but this option in the classtree window would be a lot easier.
  • VUC rembers the size of it's window but NOT the place on the screen. Try this, make VUC about a quarter of your screensize and drag it to the top-right corner of your screen. Close VUC and start it. The size is still the same, but the window appears in the middle of the screen.
  • When using the multiline filelist and there are more files open than can be displayed there is no way to scroll to the files that are not displayed on the bar.
  • The "More windows..." window is too small and can't be resized. I mean the window that you can open when more than 9 files are open. The only part I can see from the filename is "J:UnrealTournamentAF_MenuClasse" and that is not very helpfull to find my files.
  • When is the list of open files stored? I am having some troubles with it. Sometimes all files are stored OK and most of the time files that already have been closed in a previous session are reopened. I think it would be a good idea to store the open files list with the project. Since all files I have opened are related to that project in one way or another.
  • I am seeing VUC files all over the place, like in my UT, UT/System, UT/AF_Menu/classes folder. It would be very nice if all those files would stay in the VUC program folder.
  • For some strange reason VUC shows some of my classes in the projectwindow directly under the package and not in the classes folder. I can live with it, but it is very strange.
  • Please make it so that when a .uc or .log file is dropped on the VUC window the file is opened in VUC. This is a feature I find very handy in other editors.
Unread 23rd September, 2001, 03:20 PM
2COOL4-U

Yes I quite agree with you on everything

Add WinXP support too
Unread 23rd September, 2001, 03:26 PM
2COOL4-U

- Add virtual folders, to make organising stuff easier
Unread 24th September, 2001, 08:33 PM
Mr.Mitchell

Please add an option that warns you when one tries to open a huge file. I did the Revert thingy on my logfile so the latest version woud be loaded and VUC stopped responding. After some searching I found the error. My log file was 98 MEGS It would be nice if I had a warning like "This file is very big (96.987kB). Are you sure you want to open it" or simply write down "This file is too big for VUC to open."

And could you add a direct link to this forum on your site please?
Unread 25th September, 2001, 01:44 AM
DrSiN

Sort the trees alphabetically, so it becomes easier to find a class.

Not going to happen in the Class Hierarchy. It's that way for a reason.

Add an editbox to the class tree that does the same as the one in the packagetree.

I can add this though.

VUC rembers the size of it's window but NOT the place on the screen. Try this, make VUC about a quarter of your screensize and drag it to the top-right corner of your screen. Close VUC and start it. The size is still the same, but the window appears in the middle of the screen.

This is a bug. it should remember the positions as well.

When using the multiline filelist and there are more files open than can be displayed there is no way to scroll to the files that are not displayed on the bar.

I'll look in to this as well.

The "More windows..." window is too small and can't be resized. I mean the window that you can open when more than 9 files are open. The only part I can see from the filename is "J:UnrealTournamentAF_MenuClasse" and that is not very helpfull to find my files.

Sorry, this is windows standard stuff there I beleive. I don't have any control over it.

When is the list of open files stored? I am having some troubles with it. Sometimes all files are stored OK and most of the time files that already have been closed in a previous session are reopened. I think it would be a good idea to store the open files list with the project. Since all files I have opened are related to that project in one way or another.

Open files are stored directy at close down.

I am seeing VUC files all over the place, like in my UT, UT/System, UT/AF_Menu/classes folder. It would be very nice if all those files would stay in the VUC program folder.

This is a bug..

For some strange reason VUC shows some of my classes in the projectwindow directly under the package and not in the classes folder. I can live with it, but it is very strange.

I'd assume it's also a bug. You can just move the class though.

Please make it so that when a .uc or .log file is dropped on the VUC window the file is opened in VUC. This is a feature I find very handy in other editors.

Hmm.. did I switch that off? It should as long as VUC is set for the app to open them.

Add virtual folders, to make organising stuff easier

Your project already supports virtual folders.

Add WinXP support too

As in what exactly? VUC++ works fine and dandy under WinXP.

Please add an option that warns you when one tries to open a huge file. I did the Revert thingy on my logfile so the latest version woud be loaded and VUC stopped responding. After some searching I found the error. My log file was 98 MEGS It would be nice if I had a warning like "This file is very big (96.987kB). Are you sure you want to open it" or simply write down "This file is too big for VUC to open."

Yea, this one get's me a lot too.. maybe I'll add an option. Will see.. time to work on VUC is really tight right now.
Unread 25th September, 2001, 03:12 PM
2COOL4-U

DrSiN I can't copy and paste in VUC++ in WinXP!
Unread 25th September, 2001, 06:24 PM
Mr.Mitchell

Sort the trees alphabetically, so it becomes easier to find a class.
>Not going to happen in the Class Hierarchy. It's that way for a reason.
What is the reason, is it sorted in another way or is it just not possible to program?

Please make it so that when a .uc or .log file is dropped on the VUC window the file is opened in VUC. This is a feature I find very handy in other editors.
>Hmm.. did I switch that off? It should as long as VUC is set for the app to open them.
Whoops, my fault I guess. I didn't know that for dropping files VUC has to be registered for that type. I have now registered the type with the button, but my .uc files still don't open with VUC (It displayed registerd succesfully).When I drop files in my code it inserts the filename at that place.

For some strange reason VUC shows some of my classes in the projectwindow directly under the package and not in the classes folder. I can live with it, but it is very strange.
>I'd assume it's also a bug. You can just move the class though.
OK, problem solved. Forgot that it are virtual folders in the project. Just to much features to remeber

>Will see.. time to work on VUC is really tight right now.
No problem, I am very happy to have a great and supported editor for free. Thanks for spending the time on the editor and sharing it with the UScript community.
Unread 27th September, 2001, 02:53 AM
Piren

Heya... other than the things mentioned...
the thing that i noticed the most is some memory problem.. if i open 2 or 3 VUC++ ... im out of system memory .. .(256MB RAM and 500MB Vram. .so thats not it ) .. donno why it happens..

I'd like to see the option that if i double click.. it wont open a new VUC ..rather in an already opened VUC ...

Hmm.. the Hirarchy tree as mentioned.. like in Unreal ED .. tho the F1 feature is darn usefull :-)

hmm.. thats about it i guess :-)

Unread 27th September, 2001, 07:38 AM
DrSiN

I allow for more than one instance of VUC since I have different copies for different games. I guess I could add a switch that stops it.