You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 2nd March, 2010, 10:24 PM
out of order

Hmm, so it's not a problem with that specific client setup, but something more general. I'll have another look to try and find the cause. Could you give me some details about what happened right before the crash?

Last edited by Wormbo : 2nd March, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
Unread 3rd March, 2010, 04:36 PM
Rampage

Well it is a map that does not run that well on my pc anyways
But basicly it became more and more jerky up to the point where it crashed.
Sidenote perhaps .. i was not playing but spectating at the time of the crash

Unreal 1 - 16 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #5 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-

UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse !! [4 Teams Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website
Unread 21st March, 2010, 11:54 PM
Rampage

Default Error with MD5 check?

Hi there again!

I have banned someone for having a mismatched MD5 sum...

Quote:
[2010-02-24 17:24:02] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ***** [ ************************* ] IP: ********** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: PerformingMD5Checks
[2010-02-24 17:24:02] - modified file 'Engine' (../System/Engine.u)
[2010-02-24 17:24:02] - Full MD5/GUID [833e540d4069c3f5e11c941439aef42b/17158B3B4FF9A24F520996A03FACE2BE]
[2010-02-24 17:24:02] - Expected [any of: 1972d14c57d05ffdc82c51be76c13d29,71f1bebad09f22f22 d49d74c172ec561/17158B3B4FF9A24F520996A03FACE2BE]
[2010-02-24 17:24:14] - [Disconnect] ***** [ ************************* ] IP: ********** Security ID: 9 using v3369
He has confessed his innocence, and claims there must have been an error somehow, he can still pass as secure on other servers.

This error happened about 5 times of which I have logs all during the space of about 15 mins.

Perhaps a bad connection could have caused this?
Is this check a 100% catch or just possibly a random bug?

Many thanks for your time!
Unread 22nd March, 2010, 03:35 PM
out of order

Tell him to repatch with v3369 (or the Logitech G15 patch v3372, if he has that keyboard) in order to restore the original Engine.u file.
Unread 26th March, 2010, 06:32 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi,
didn't find a similar issue / topic / post / thread with google nor within manual nor forums, so hopefully I don't double-post:
Players very often get kicked on my server during AntiTCC checks due to timeouts (self-integrity, files etc.). Approximately 10%, that's too much imo. The same players have no problem on other servers running AntiTCC and most the time having no problems on mine either. The server has a 100Mbit/s u/d in a data center, connection is surely not the problem. Is there a way to tweak AntiTCC settings to avoid this?
Thanks, laboRHEinz

btw: what's the best value for CacheSizeMegs?
btw#2: Would bKickLiveIdlers=true kick idling players? That would be better coz we had some probs with idlers.

My settings:

Code:
[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=1024
ServerActors=AntiTCC2009r6.MutAntiTCCFinal
ServerActors=ServerExt.PlayerJoinLog
ServerActors=ServerExt.StatsChatLog
ServerActors=ServerColor.ServerColorActor
ServerActors=ServerExt.ChatFilter
ServerActors=ServerLogo4.ServerLogo
ServerActors=TitanTeamFix.TTeamFixGeneric
ServerPackages=SantaHat
ServerPackages=TA100
ServerPackages=AntiTCC2009r6
ServerPackages=ServerLogo4
ServerPackages=ONSPlus_101beta31

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=120
InitialConnectTimeout=120
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=10000
MaxInternetClientRate=10000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=32
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=false
LogPortUnreach=false
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False

[Engine.GameInfo]
GoreLevel=2
MaxIdleTime=80.000000

[Engine.LevelInfo]
bKickLiveIdlers=False

[Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame]
NetWait=50
LateEntryLives=1

[TitanTeamFix.TTeamFixConfigLoader]
ActiveConfiguration=ONSPlus

AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity]
DisallowedFile=
DisallowedPrefetchFile=
MD5Check=(FName="UTCompv15",MD5=("9c73b7c9118f419cf17ab9fe76def7b8"),MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
MD5Check=(FName="UTCompv15a",MD5=("251f81b91f2b3dab59cc62b8bad18ba0"),MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
MD5Check=(FName="UTCompv16",MD5=("f30932a51e681f15aaba55224d28f597"),MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
MD5Check=(FName="UTCompv16a",MD5=("e29c11765ed64dc074e586439a181815"),MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
MD5Check=(FName="UTCompv17a",MD5=("5873f0aa58df1ced319593360e49b68f"),MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
MD5Check=(FName="FarnsworthCore",MD5=("7c781e5d4d086b7695200e70d62449c7"),MD5Type=0,Optional=True)

[AntiTCC2009r6.MutAntiTCCFinal]
bAllowClientConsoleMessages=True
bBroadcastConsoleErrorMessages=False
bMessageBeep=False
bBroadcastClientScreenMessages=False
bDisplayProgressMessages=True
bDisplayProgressScreenMessages=False
bClientsMayGetIDs=False
bShowOnlyFirstPartOfID=True
bShowOnlyLastPartOfID=True
bClientsMayGetNames=True
bServerOSInServerDetails=True
bAntiTCCVersionInServerDetails=True
bCheckSkins=False
bSingleMD5Mode=False
bCheckForTCCs=True
bLogClientPackages=False
bLogClientClasses=False
bCheckClientClasses=True
bDelayMatchStart=False
bDelayLateJoin=True
bCheckRenderSettings=True
TimeoutSeconds=90
bKickOnTimeout=True
bSelfIntegrityChecks=True
WhatToDo=Message
WhatToDoAnnoyance=Kick
WhatToDoBlacklisted=SessionBan
WhatToDoSkins=LogOnly
WhatToDoRender=Message
WhatToDoTCC=Kick
WhatToDoLoginFailed=Kick
bPauseGameDuringChecks=False
bEnableAdminFaker=True
bAllowSilentAdminLogin=True
bReportAdminLogins=True
MaxFailedLoginAttempts=3
bNoSpamCheck=True
bPreventMassSuicide=True
bFilterPlayerNames=True
bStripMessageColors=True
PlayerIDLogName=AntiTCCPlayerIDs
KeepPlayerIDsDays=25
AllowedConsoleClass=xInterface.ExtendedConsole
AllowedGUIControllerClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4GUIController
bTryToDisableHacks=True
bMidGameCheck=False
bMultipleMidGameChecks=False
bEndGameCheck=False
bRotationLock=True
bLockRolloff=True
bLockFOV=True
bSpawnFakePlayers=True
bUseCustomLog=True
bSimpleLogMode=True
bAlwaysProduceCompleteLogs=True
LogFileSaveInterval=30
LogFileTimestampFormat=[yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss] -
LogFileName=AntiTCC_%y-%m-%d_%h-%n_%g_%l
bSingleLineLogs=False
CurrentProfile=
WaitingGameClass=
AgreeEnableDelay=5
AgreementTimeoutDelay=60
AgreementText=
bAlwaysShowAgreement=False
Unread 4th April, 2010, 03:12 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi,
please help, players keep getting kicked due to timeouts on my server (94.249.153.254:7777).

Btw, I've tracked the discussions about the modified AntiTCC file or better: I was the first one to post this problem and start these discussions:
http://www.gametracker.com/clan/free...ge=10#cfrmpsts
http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...393#post183393

I did not see a solution for this problem yet, just that Die_Linke! is suspected to use a modified version on his "Thats's hot" servers. Did I get it wrong or hasn't there been a proof for this yet? So the "bad server" hasen't been found yet, right?
Maybe my experiences help a bit (but tbh I doubt it):
- I've had several players showing this console message on my server, too.
- One of them promised to have not been elsewhere except on my server and TheDrunkenSnipers.
- AFAIK TheDrunkenSnipers don't use AntiTCC, they can hardly be the source.
- I've not modified the file on my redirect server, I'm using the original one.
- I was really concerned about that my server might has been hacked, so I've checked it by joining on my server with a fresh UT-installation i.e. downloading the files from my redirect - no message showed up (ufff!!).
- That player made a fresh UT-installation as well and after joining on my server, this message didn't show up anymore on him.
- The one and only thing I've done was to update the servers MD5-database after installing a custom skin.

That's all so far. In my eyes, there are few possibilities left on what causes the console message:
- The player on my server forgot to have been on a third server, the "real bad one".
- He lied.
- The MD5-update was it. But I can hardly imagine why; the file on the redirect was surely not affected and AFAIK, the MD5 checks are hard-coded, right?
- AntiTCC-bug?

Hope I helped a bit.

Greetings, heinz
Unread 4th April, 2010, 08:09 PM
Godlike

I've warned Wormbo about a bug in his lovely AntiTCC almost 1 month ago. It has to do with the replication of one particular clientside function. When patched a cheat will not be kicked from the server anymore, although he will be logged.

I don't know why Wormbo hasn't taken action on this matter.
Unread 5th April, 2010, 07:40 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
I've warned Wormbo about a bug in his lovely AntiTCC almost 1 month ago. It has to do with the replication of one particular clientside function. When patched a cheat will not be kicked from the server anymore, although he will be logged.

I don't know why Wormbo hasn't taken action on this matter.
That is because of the amount of false positives, any good admin will see the logs and act on them if they feel the log is legit. Kicking players for crappy skins and GNU compilers is silly.
Unread 5th April, 2010, 09:35 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadkillGrill View Post
That is because of the amount of false positives, any good admin will see the logs and act on them if they feel the log is legit. Kicking players for crappy skins and GNU compilers is silly.
Due to a bug in the latest AntiTCC(s), all old/detected cheats can now be used again when patching one single class.
Unread 5th April, 2010, 11:43 AM
out of order

Just for the record: You suck as bug reporter. I have better things to do than sift through thousands of lines of code, looking for one single thing that might disable something if byte-hacking is applied.

[edit] laboRHEinz:

I'm not quite sure what would cause those timeouts. Debugging them might require input from the affected players.

CacheSizeMegs should never be touched and is not related to the client's downloaded package cache. Restore it to the default value, higher values usually only waste memory. Particularly 1024 will reserve 1GB of RAM for caching purposes, the default value only takes up 32MB for that.

bKickLiveIdlers=True means that players may be considered as idle even if they are not dead or spectating. False means only spectators and players who don't click to respawn can be considered as idle.

The bad server issue is not related to Anti TCC at all. In fact, a server not running Anti TCC would not kick for bad ServerPackages. Only when the player joins an Anti TCC server again, the problem would become obvious.

Last edited by Wormbo : 5th April, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
Unread 5th April, 2010, 08:25 PM
Forum Newcomer

ok thanx for the infos.
Timeouts: Apparently, just players with slow PCs and/or connection seem to be affected. I'll play a bit with the settings then.
CacheSizeMegs: Aha, nice to know, I'll restore it.
bKickLiveIdlers: I've set it to true now but tbh I didn't notice a difference. I've looked for a possibility to kick living idlers automatically just as the }TCP{ idlerskicker does. Unfortunately, this mut is not whitelisted.
Bad server: Ok nvm, I'm not familiar with coding, hacks etc. thus I just didn't know whether my infos were of relevance and thought it would be better to let you know.
Thanks again, heinz
Unread 9th April, 2010, 11:09 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hey wormbo, i have a question there has been a console command called pausesounds or pause sounds i am not sure is it going to be disabled or not?
Because i think thats another exploit into the game that give some players another advantage into the game.
let me know. because personally i think its also cheating to kill every single ambient sound on the background by a push on a button so you have an advantage on other people that don't do it.
greetings

Last edited by iMpure : 9th April, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: forgot something some extra info.
Unread 9th April, 2010, 02:54 PM
out of order

Haha, that's so going to get me hate mails from the "pr0s".
Unread 9th April, 2010, 08:54 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default clientside demos and demorecspectators

not sure if this has been addressed, but I've been collecting demos from serversides and there's this small bug that sometimes fixes, the players keep going invisible and then reappear then go back invisible and so on. So I decided to just start demoing all my demos, and the same thing is happening. This has been happening since the past few releases of antitcc. Now I only tested this with servers that have utcomp on, not sure if this is happening in tam or not, but i think this should be something to look in to for movie editors and whatnot, because most my demos now are unusable =[
Unread 9th April, 2010, 11:04 PM
out of order

Exactly which kind of demos have this problem? Serverside? Clientside playing (i.e. demo of yourself)? Clientside spectating (i.e. your demo of someone else)?
Unread 12th April, 2010, 06:14 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Haha, that's so going to get me hate mails from the "pr0s".
Then so be it :E let people play the game as it was meant to be ^^ and take those "hate mails" we deal with that easily with a single delete button
Unread 13th April, 2010, 01:35 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Exactly which kind of demos have this problem? Serverside? Clientside playing (i.e. demo of yourself)? Clientside spectating (i.e. your demo of someone else)?
Hi Wormbo, I had the same problem (most of the time I have to force Rypelcam's WH to watch a single demo), this happens most of the time with clientside spectating/playing on my system. For what I remember on AntiTCC r5a I didn't have these problems...hope this could help...
Unread 17th April, 2010, 11:25 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixst4r View Post
not sure if this has been addressed, but I've been collecting demos from serversides and there's this small bug that sometimes fixes, the players keep going invisible and then reappear then go back invisible and so on. So I decided to just start demoing all my demos, and the same thing is happening. This has been happening since the past few releases of antitcc. Now I only tested this with servers that have utcomp on, not sure if this is happening in tam or not, but i think this should be something to look in to for movie editors and whatnot, because most my demos now are unusable =[
I believe I brought this up in the Epic forums with him and he said he could not recreate it and more or less blew me off, so I just stopped using demos both Serverside side and Clientside neither will work correctly anyway.
I am using UTVOTE to do all my demo recording it works fine.
Unread 17th April, 2010, 11:35 AM
Forum Newcomer

ii have some weard bug when anti tcc is running on my server when i use demorec
played 1 on 1 vs my clan mate
he has made a demorec also ( whit the same bug )
and i wanted to create avi to make a movie and so
is saw strange things

so i was testing my server
testing mutators 1 by 1
and i saw that anti tcc was the problem

http://www.xfire.com/video/27ff4d/

p.s sorry for my bad english
Unread 17th April, 2010, 06:58 PM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOOdy_OG View Post
I believe I brought this up in the Epic forums with him and he said he could not recreate it and more or less blew me off, so I just stopped using demos both Serverside side and Clientside neither will work correctly anyway.
I am using UTVOTE to do all my demo recording it works fine.
I only really test against standard UT2004 as I don't play stuff like UTComp or TAM. And I'm pretty sure I told you to tell me what mods (the complete list, including versions if possible) were running on the server when you experienced the problem. I won't play guessing games in that area and thus can't reproduce bugs that only happen in combination with stuff I don't use.