You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 1st February, 2003, 03:48 AM
Evolution

Fixed:
- Problems with DM-Fractal (and maybe some other maps that kicked players with LR code)
- A bug that allowed an old cheat to still work
- MAC Problems (Hopefully, *swears some at the people who converted to MAC* )
- Linux Problems (Hopefully...)
Added:
- Anti-Noshake code.

Changes have been made to the way UTPure is being handled on mac and linux clients. In tests, compatibilty issues seem to be resolved. As always, however, please report any problems in this thread.
Unread 1st February, 2003, 09:39 PM
Madmax

Installed it on our clan server but still was getting a impurity ID:89281, playing on Linux client.
Than what I did is performed a clean install from Loki Games and what do you know an instant connect, but servers running anything below the current version I get the error of "Umenu mismatch" on startup. So if I use the modified Umenu, I can access the servers, but as soon as I load the level, I get ID:89281.
Wow took me good 4 weeks to figure out whats up
Unread 1st February, 2003, 10:40 PM
Evolution

You must be patched to version 436 to play on servers using 6A.
Unread 1st February, 2003, 11:18 PM
Madmax

100% right, to play the game online one MUST have the ver.436.
What am saying that RC6A works very well with linux clients.(right out of the box install).
But prior to the new version I had to install the linux build version 436, plus had to change some Umenu files to be able to access RC4* and up servers otherwise no cigar "Umenu version mismatch". So now servers with 6A are working like a charm.

Thank you Pure team!

P.S. one thing I noticed with the 6A, the "Hit Sound" even when set to "True" no sound can be heared.
Unread 2nd February, 2003, 02:39 PM
:P:D:I

hehe Well done guys lets see if they past this time.
The stress comming up for the cheaters

btw with is Anti-Noshake code. Is that someting to do with aimbot?

Propely they can't hack so eazly
Unread 2nd February, 2003, 02:58 PM
-=Draco=-

Quote:
Originally posted by Evolution
Fixed:

- MAC Problems (Hopefully, *swears some at the people who converted to MAC* )

Changes have been made to the way UTPure is being handled on mac and linux clients.  In tests, compatibilty issues seem to be resolved.  As always, however, please report any problems in this thread.
I spent some time with TNSe testing it on Mac (at work, LOL) and it does work fine now, although I agree, why anyone would want to play UT on a Mac puzzles me.

Nice work
Unread 2nd February, 2003, 05:17 PM
Hercky

i haven't got any problem with this version. nice 1 pureRs.
Unread 2nd February, 2003, 06:32 PM
Jubei

Quote:
Originally posted by :I
hehe Well done guys lets see if they past this time.
The stress comming up for the cheaters

btw with is Anti-Noshake code.  Is that someting to do with aimbot?

Propely they can't hack so eazly
There is a hack that stops your view shaking/turning red if you fall/get shot and get hurt.
Unread 2nd February, 2003, 07:24 PM
Fluxism

Thanks to all those involved in producing this latest version, and yet more thanks for your continued support of UT (fu epic).
Unread 3rd February, 2003, 01:42 AM
ComePlayMe

I would like to post a big thank you too for the updated pure6A. People at epic and anyone else involved Good Work...
Unread 3rd February, 2003, 05:18 AM
Phaedrus

Kudos for bringing Mac support back. I know it was possible before, but still. It's nice to simply redirect the hosts again.

I admin a server for Clan MacAddict so 90% of my players are Mac owners. It's great to have Pure back on our side of the fence Keep up the great work!

Is there any relationship between 6A and 5+ ? Any plans to utilize the features of 5+, client side comparison for example.

-Phaedrus
Unread 8th February, 2003, 08:16 PM
|H2K|Lord_Maul

Our clan has a linux server - we had a problem after installing Pure6A - the server crashed and web admin no longer functions for the server - we switched back to Pure59 for the time being - but web admin still does not function - would apperciate any help with this .
Unread 9th February, 2003, 01:52 AM
Evolution

Can you provide your server's log file that shows this happening? I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, so any information you can provide will help us figure out what's going on.
Unread 9th February, 2003, 10:15 AM
{KMA}Wacko

OK
I need assistance with figuring out how to fix impurity ID 67783... I don't cheat, I hate cheaters, campers, and the like... Well, I don't like UT2003 either but, that's besides the point... Would running 436 patch again fix this? You think? I'm gonna give it a shot...
Unread 9th February, 2003, 08:22 PM
the_editor

Hi all,

Glad to see the battle against cheaters continuing.

I use a Mac and run GOTY. Tried to get on a Jolt server running 6A and got version mismatch. I'm familiar with the earlier Mac trouble of having to manually install the Pure versions, not a big deal to me, but I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Unread 10th February, 2003, 05:40 AM
Flak

Hi there, have a person running OS 9.2 and they get booted for an impurity in some, but not all maps. Anyone else runing into this?

BTW, thank you so much for releasing a new pure!
Unread 10th February, 2003, 09:17 AM
IGL|DJ_Stoney69

If the server has flagged files it will give you a version mismatch of a system file. usually its uwindow i think it is. MAC users have that problem with getting on my server.
Unread 10th February, 2003, 10:10 AM
{KMA}Wacko

Deleting cache in UT folder, and reinstalling Patch 436 corrected impurity 67783... As if anyone was looking for the fix here

Unread 18th February, 2003, 05:18 AM
DaDawg

On the Clan [IØÐ] Server, I have noticed that some players on the opposite team seem to have the opposite team colors on. This just started since I added PureRC6A to my Clans Server. Has anyone else had this problem?
Unread 19th February, 2003, 10:59 AM
tdw-socke

I am still using 59 but also have no hitsounds. Of course it is set to true in the server.ini. What else can i do to enable it?