You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 13th December, 2006, 05:46 PM
Killing Spree

Default Colored Server names

Several servers have their names colored on the master server list. I cannot find any information as to how this is done and most admins keep this a secret. Can anyone help the rest of us by sharing this information?
Unread 13th December, 2006, 07:00 PM
Holy Shit!!

I answered here: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18727
Unread 14th December, 2006, 05:26 AM
Killing Spree

Default Server version 3369

I read through the previous posts and thank you for the direction, The color named servers are in fact running version 3369. I am able to get the admin and email name to display colored but not the server name using the same method. It's too bad that this has to be so secretive.
Unread 14th December, 2006, 05:29 AM
Holy Shit!!

Well, when you figure it out....post here.
Unread 14th December, 2006, 07:02 PM
Rampage

Admin if this is not appropriate feel free to delete it.
The colors are made up of 4 characters.
You use Notepad and the Numeric keypad to give you the Extended Ascii Character set that you need.
For example if you wanted the line to be Red.
The first character is the escape character which is Shift+Alt+27
The next 3 characters is the color in R G B format each color being represented form 1 to 255 which is its intensity.
So you type Shift+Alt+240 - Shift+Alt+16 - Shift+Alt+16 then your sentence and everytime you change color you do the 4 characters.
I use 16 as many keyboards give blanks below that.
Forums, webbrowsers etc only show 7 bits Ascii characters so the "color" characters are invisible.
Plain ol Notepad shows the characters brilliantly
Unread 15th December, 2006, 01:51 AM
Dominating

Hint: UT2Vote.
Unread 15th December, 2006, 05:29 AM
Killing Spree

Default UT2vote guide

I am obviously not as savy as others in setting up ut2vote, but I have at least tried. There is no tutorial that I have found, just a brief setup guide provided by the creators. I was able to get ut2vote functioning, but could not display the Chaosut2 mod when running. Gamemake guide was just as vague, some basic instructions but little details of how to execute all the outstanding features. I gave up and went back to simply running the mod alone. I spent a few days on this and was starting to become obsessed with trying to get it to work, which is why I am here again looking for direction. If only some example ut2vote ini's were available using the Chaosut2 mod and Gamemake. I simply want to be able to run these tools. I greatly appreciate the posts, I am not ready to quit yet.
Unread 15th December, 2006, 09:21 AM
Rampage

It not UT2Votes problem on how to setup a Custom game, its up to the Custom game community to do that, however we do try and accomdate where ever possible.
Some Mods use the -mod paramater in the commandline and those that do are a extremely difficult to setup for anything.
Check out the Stickys on our UT2Vote forum for any information you need and the Team will try and help wherever possible.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=501
Unread 15th December, 2006, 03:54 PM
Killing Spree

Default UT2vote

I agree, we should all work together and share what has been learned, that is not always the case with certain individuals. This all came about by wanting to know why I could not color my server name. I posted, was scolded for bringing the issue up in this forum and for not searching past posts for answers, and told I would have to run previous unpatched versions to do so, not true, I found the servers to be running the latest patch. I contacted the server admins and was told they did not intend to share this information. So back to the forums. When I finally get everything running, with the help of others who want you to succeed, I will share any and all information I can so someone else can spend less time configuring and more time gaming.
Unread 16th December, 2006, 10:56 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubdude View Post
I agree, we should all work together and share what has been learned, that is not always the case with certain individuals. This all came about by wanting to know why I could not color my server name. I posted, was scolded for bringing the issue up in this forum and for not searching past posts for answers, and told I would have to run previous unpatched versions to do so, not true, I found the servers to be running the latest patch. I contacted the server admins and was told they did not intend to share this information. So back to the forums. When I finally get everything running, with the help of others who want you to succeed, I will share any and all information I can so someone else can spend less time configuring and more time gaming.
Really a pity that you've run into so many tude's man. In the day, (when UT was new), admins were almost universally the most helpful people in the community. Its still that way with many, I'd say most of them on these forums, but its like they told me when I was in the Corps, you always have that 10% that just can't hack the program. BTW, I assume you are referring to communication other than this thread, because I don't see anybody here being really rude.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton

Last edited by BadCompany : 16th December, 2006 at 11:03 PM.
Unread 17th December, 2006, 12:56 AM
Holy Shit!!

Until now, I was under the impression that the only way to get the colored text was to back down patches. I stand corrected.
Unread 17th December, 2006, 01:56 PM
Rampage

the UT2Vote is not needed to get the colored servername thing working
And yes it works with the 3369 patch too

All u need is the "gamemake" and the color codes

And the reason it being so secretive is most likely that the colored servernames stick out more and thus attract more players.
If all the servers would have it then it would kinda take away the benefit of the color.

Cheers
Car..

Unreal 1 - 16 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #5 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-

UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse !! [4 Teams Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website
Unread 17th December, 2006, 03:35 PM
Killing Spree

No one was rude towards my post, I was just abit disappointed by the manner in which I was told that I was posting a subject that was already coverd at another time in a MORE appropriate place. Is there really anything wrong with bringing a subject back up for some fresh input? I found my information, learned alot, and had the pleasure of dealing with some really cool and knowledegable individuals that not only enjoy creating, but helping those who would like to use what they have created for the gaming community. Thanks ProAsm! and the UT2Vote55 Team!
Unread 17th December, 2006, 05:36 PM
Godlike

No, nothing wrong at all with bringing up an old subject, IMHO, with the caveat that its a time dependant sort of thing. I've seen people post the same question that was answered 4 days ago in the same forum And of course an old subject may get you nothing more than a link, done that myself.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton
Unread 18th December, 2006, 10:41 AM
Dominating

http://ut2004.projectilewaffle.com/f...opic.php?t=440
Here is a how to, kinda typed it up quick.
Unread 20th December, 2006, 04:21 PM
Rampage

You may need to refresh - Checkout ServerColor Editor for all files
http://www.proasm.com/
Unread 20th December, 2006, 04:37 PM
Rampage

This is a great tool for working out the colours

Fraid it pawns your colour chart Muffin

http://darkedge.dogmatix.net/Files/U...Colouriser.rar

BTW these colours can also be used in UEd for game messages and such - for anyone intrested

------

You don't actually need to create a custom gametype when you're using UT2Vote55 - in the gametype lines the ServerName takes colour codes and applies them :]
Unread 21st December, 2006, 04:02 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Muffin View Post
http://ut2004.projectilewaffle.com/f...opic.php?t=440
Here is a how to, kinda typed it up quick.
Sorry to see you retire (fttb). Is there any way you could paste your instructions here on this thread since your site is now inactive?

Also, I believe I read somewhere that using Gamemake makes the Master Server to think the gametype is custom (for statistics processing), although the gametype may be vanilla TDM/DM/CTF, etc. Can anyone confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubdude View Post
...I was just abit disappointed by the manner in which I was told that I was posting a subject that was already coverd at another time in a MORE appropriate place. Is there really anything wrong with bringing a subject back up for some fresh input? I found my information, learned alot, and had the pleasure of dealing with some really cool and knowledegable individuals that not only enjoy creating, but helping those who would like to use what they have created for the gaming community. Thanks ProAsm! and the UT2Vote55 Team!
With so many servers empty these days at the end of the UT2004 cycle, some Admins have grown cynical with the lack of activity, blaming various factors including botters, demo servers, Epic, etc. It's a breath of fresh air to see Admins collaborating selflessly.
CATALYST.UT03.CTF [38.118.161.199:7877]
CATALYST.UT04.CTF [38.118.161.199:8077]
CATALYST.UT04.1v1.UTC [38.118.161.197:8077]
CATALYST.UT04.1v1.TTM [38.118.161.197:7877]
CATALYST.UT04.Demo.1v1 [38.118.161.198:7777]