You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > Polls

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in UT2007?
Open poll 0 0%
So read the comments 0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Unread 4th July, 2005, 04:24 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
3. Auto map installation tool and automatic compression and upload to a specified redirect server.
+1 from me.

1. For ONS, the ability to be able to reliably add in maps from the webadmin using non-default node configs. At the moment you can only add in maps with the default node config without a little hacking - and when you do you can't reliably move them within the maplist.

2. Another +1 for the ability to make on-the-fly settings changings through webadmin that "stick" after the next map change rather than having to force a server restart or map change.

3. For the timestamp on the server config .ini file to be monitored so that it picks up changes to the config on map change, rather than you having to restart the server mid-game to avoid the changes being overwritten.

4. +1 on the ability for a single bot to even up the teams at whatever number of players there are

5. Slient admin login by default - this is needed to be able to start demos of cheaters without scaring them off.

6. Built-in slot management and swear-filtering - basically integrate the great serverext functionality

7. The ability to mute players chat &/or VOIP (is that already there? I still have not worked out what the "Voice Chat Management" option is for in the webadmin)

8. The ability to "force ready" if players must be ready is on.

9. The ability to hear VOIP from other team while logged in as admin (spec slots only?) to be able to deal with shoutcasts and abusive chat reports.

10. The ability to be able to spec a player by number (as you can kick by nuber) instead of clicking through each (with 32 players I nearly always miss and have to click up to 61 times to reach the right player)
Unread 5th July, 2005, 04:24 AM
Forum Newcomer

Punkbuster, I know this will never happen but I can dream can't I.
Unread 6th July, 2005, 09:37 AM
Holy Shit!!

Was thinking about this as I cycled home in the rain last night...

These two may not be as easy, but many server admins will not have remote desktop access to the machines the server is running on, and so would have no way to monitor these things:

11. Server CPU monitoring - if there are comments of "LAG!" - it would be useful to know whether the CPU is near the limit.

12. Server bandwidth monitoring - if there are comments of "LAG!" - it would be useful to know whether the bandwidth is near maxed.

13. This may have been mentioned before - but it's a real pain having to upload maps to the game server uncompressed, especially with the default UK ADSL upload speed! It would be good if you could upload .uz2 compressed and the server to 'see' these on map change and uncompress them and move the uncompressed version to the redirect server (by FTP or file copy depending on server setup).

We're emulating this sort of functionality by running a web-server with a script to upload maps etc .uz2 compressed. The script then then kicks off tinyuz2 to uncompress them, then the script copies the uncompressed files to the appropriate game server and the compressed to the redirect server box.
Unread 6th July, 2005, 02:19 PM
Forum Newcomer

Would like to see the ability to PM a player in game to ask them to keep it down etc without broadcasting the message to the entire server.
Unread 6th July, 2005, 03:29 PM
Holy Shit!!

Indeed. There are tools of corse, but built-in support would be very nice :\
Unread 6th July, 2005, 03:52 PM
Holy Shit!!

The ability to assign port numbers freely for query ports.
Unread 7th July, 2005, 11:40 PM
Forum Newcomer

ah yes - I would like to see some indication of who is talking on mics. I assume this is what the 'show VOIP Portraits' setting is for but it doesn't seem to do a lot

maybe the playername sliding out onscreen somewhere with a 'Hit F10 to kick this player' option. It gets awkward in-game having to ask other players if they know who it is singing drunken sea shanties at the top of their voices down the mic.

edit - and the ability for admins to be able to text chat privately in game.

Last edited by KoperniK : 13th July, 2005 at 10:12 AM.
Unread 8th July, 2005, 06:22 AM
Dominating

If it isn't possible already, the ability to redirect clients to a different game server IP.

(E.g. if your server is down for some reason, or if you have moved to a faster machine, and want clients to be automatically sent there.)

Discussed in more detail here: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11514
Unread 8th July, 2005, 08:59 AM
Holy Shit!!

Here's a couple of "would be nice to have" if they get to the tweaking stage:

14. Separate Spec and Player passwords would be nice
15. Team based passwords so that players can join the correct team for a match and not have to juggle around connecting and disconnecting to get to the right team.
Unread 11th July, 2005, 04:51 PM
Holy Shit!!

How about a change to the "Master server" setup?
It is so frustrating to have your server up and running fine, then have all kinds of performance and connection issues due to the master server being down.
Unread 11th July, 2005, 10:55 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningSquirrel
How about a change to the "Master server" setup?
It is so frustrating to have your server up and running fine, then have all kinds of performance and connection issues due to the master server being down.
How about just fixing it to work like it is supposed to instead of using substandard servers that cannot handle the load? I was really getting sick of it all in june.
Unread 13th July, 2005, 03:37 PM
Dominating

One thing I'd love to see is the ability for multiple servers to feed each other data on match conditions and allow players to be redirected between those servers for load balancing. I don't know how many servers I've played in where the game would bog down after x players joined...

Former Director of Operations - UT2004
Proving Grounds
http://www.provinggrounds.com/
Former TWL Competition Staff
Unread 16th July, 2005, 12:45 PM
Rampage

Some kind of client side benchmark program for benchmarking servers for CPU usage and Bandwidth etc.. with detailed system specs. So you can see if that server your renting is really as fast as it was advertised to be.
Unread 16th July, 2005, 03:51 PM
Godlike

The ability to move players that havent "readied up" to spectator mode rather than kicking them from the server entirely.

An ingame "WebAdmin" Similar to UT2Votes ingame setup so you dont have to be bouncing back & forth between the game & windows (or whatever OS youre running)
Unread 17th July, 2005, 07:15 AM
Godlike

Some kind of tool to let us know what textures, meshes etc go with a certain map. It can be similiar to the demo viewer where it tells you what files you are missing to view the demo.
Unread 18th July, 2005, 11:27 AM
Forum Newcomer

The ability to silently slip into spectator mode in-game to see if a player is botting or not and slide back into game without losing all the points you had built up previously.
Unread 21st July, 2005, 08:15 PM
Forum Newcomer

i would like to see a system where you can put in your bandwith and the server will limate the players dipending on your bandwith avalibl
Unread 21st July, 2005, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTmaN
i would like to see a system where you can put in your bandwith and the server will limate the players dipending on your bandwith avalibl
that is something you can calculate yourself to some extend.
Unread 21st July, 2005, 09:44 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoperniK
The ability to silently slip into spectator mode in-game to see if a player is botting or not and slide back into game without losing all the points you had built up previously.
Bad idea.
To easy for an admin to use it to cheat.
I can see it now, logging in silently as admin, silently going to spectator mode,
then telling teammates right where the other team/player is hiding or going after them himself.
Unread 22nd July, 2005, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

I think if you get caught cheating, you should be banned for life from the masterserver. End of story.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files