You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 4th March, 2013, 07:45 AM
Holy Shit!!

is a great mod there noggy.. wondering about the cookies thing for non team matches.. it seems to calculate +/- cookies at EOR however unlike teamgames it does not seem to show howmany cookies a player has when the round starts?.. this is in deathmatch games.

also i had a play with one of your portal maps a while back. was your screen able to gather live info from servers or was that updated manually..?

was an awesome concept.

cheers.
Unread 6th March, 2013, 03:09 AM
Dominating

Talking

Thanks back4more but really it's a terrible mod. ;D You're right it won't display your cookie count in non-team-games. I took a peek in the code and decided to leave that as a feature!

However I am releasing a HighScores table version, so you can see your server score/strength/cookies from that! I will stick it in the first post. (Disclaimer: Some of this code was ripped from another mod I was given. I've seen that code in NexGen and ND packages too.)

To use it you will need to use the larger AutoTeamBalance.u from the HighScores_release and add ATBHighScores7 as a ServerPackage and also load ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores as a mutator.

Regarding the portal map, Michael's Screen should allow direct querying of servers, but I had some trouble with that, so I ended up making a web request to a little CGI script instead, which used qstat and returned some HTML. Unfortunately it is no longer running.

Also all of my portal maps crash my UT now, so I cannot use them. And I recall they always used to crash half the players who tried them anyway!

Good luck keeping the game alive! \o/

Last edited by nogginBasher : 6th March, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Unread 6th March, 2013, 05:00 AM
Holy Shit!!

hey hey thanks for the reply mate much appreciated.
hmm why to you say terrible? it does what you intended it to do?.. seems to do so anyways.. only problem I can see is when it comes to clan matches i guess.. in which case it may mix-n-match clan members into some kinda multicultural shenanaghan lmao.

but Iam guessing that this is already thought of and delt with no doubt.. either in mod or by server admin.. who would simply setup a clanmatch gametype excluding autoteambalance.

tbh i originally installed it because it has the basic !play !vote thingies in it.. was kinda hoping someone would conjure up a sep 10 line mod which does this standalone.

re portalmap.. yer.. been quite interested in making something like this.. like check this one out.. which i thought was really well done..m.youtube.com/results?q=ut99%20portal%20map

it was originally made for SLV According to MetalFist over at ut99.org

if you read the comments though it mentions that they couldnt get the Screens to work though.. bummer.

I kinda envissioned a map with all 800 servers currently online embedded in it.. not likly to happen but figgired that it would be awesome aye!

with the advent of globalunreal and ferali's version of Zp.. i Think that things might pickup a little bit..

shall see i guess.

also just a quick Q?.. where could I find this chap Michaels screen please
cheers.

Last edited by back4more : 6th March, 2013 at 05:04 AM.
Unread 6th March, 2013, 01:34 PM
Dominating

The problem with ATB is that it was my first mod. Data is stored in an array of strings and then copied into 4 separate arrays when the map starts, when I could have used an array of structures. Lookup and cleanup are very inefficient (no indexes), and there is little support for hardware-ids. My metric for player strengths is dubious, and the performance of players who leave mid-game is forgotten! The mid-game balance just makes people cry. A proper statistical approach would be better. It has also grown huge as I added a bunch of stuff that isn't related (although that can be useful sometimes).

But you are right, it does kinda do what it was supposed to. And nobody got around to releasing a better one yet. (At least not that I've seen publically. Perhaps I should change ATB's license from GPL to WTFPL.)

There is already a config var for clan matches, defaults to "XOL". But clan's can type !r and !b to fix the teams anyway.

The separate 10 line mod was requested earlier in this thread, and released as "TeamSwitcher".

You can find a couple of links to Mychaeel's Screen here: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Screen

Truff had a nice portal map too! Simple but smart.

IIRC the screen server query does work when you test in standalone mode, but FAILS when you put the map on a server. So for it to work, you need a webserver to feed little HTML pages describing server status.

Do not be tempted to add an IRC screen. It may work for some clients, but I think that's what crashes the majority of players on my portal map.
Unread 7th March, 2013, 09:14 PM
Holy Shit!!

Thanks m8 have been very busy of late so couldn't reply earlier.. did flick you a PM although to have a dabble into something which I think is pretty awesome.. in fact Iam thinking of commissioning the maker of that map to build something.. if we can get that screen thing working.. There could still be a UT99 Revival yet oh.. and BTW.. where can download this Truff's portal map please would like to have a looksee..

Now I did notice something , a minor thing and that is the kick and/or anything pertaining to individual players.. ie; mutate kick <playername> <reason> <time> type thing..

because player_names can be ŦŘįčķŶ .. perhaps use player [ID] instead like other mods? mutate kick <id> <reason> <time>

in regards to the Highscores board thing .. VERY COOL!! Exactly what I have been looking for..

Really awesome job mate. Thank you.

ok.. doing tests , here and there .. but Think that I need some players online in order to get some stats showing?;

couple of things here;

hows does this work in regards to stats/cookies already collected by older version 1.4 for example?.. as I have not removed that stats files I am wondering why they have not merged into ATBHighScores.. ?

also.. what happens here when we have like 5-10 different gametypes/styles .. for example DM / ZP / IG / CiG / CTF / TDM / LMS /JB / SN etc..?
I noticed that in the Original ATB you have allocated areas / stats collections (?) for differing GameTypes/Styles based on Mutators ?.. Very Cool

so I am wondering how do these all merge so-to-speak into ATBHighScores? .. assumably it can detect the differing GameStyles at MapStart and import relative data pertaining to that GameStyle (based on Mutator Chain or something) and updates stats accordingly or?

*just thought about something here* if I add/remove Mutators to the Server this would likely effect the stats... buggar.

^ Perhaps as a fix to this small problem the admin could specify several fixed mutators to be detected for each gametype or something.. so like for IG as an Example botPack.InstaGibDM or Cig Combogib.ComboGib (what ever it is).. ohh we getting tricky now lmao. actually if we could tap into MapVotes_Prefixes this would be simple as pie..

um.. Also the GameTypes in the HUD ... is there some way of ... doing the following things;

a.) Changing the title to reflect current gamestype/style.. I notice that it automatically uses the GameType which is cool.. but of course we like to run 3 different Styles for each GameType.. and it would be AWESOME to be able to separate the Stats based on Styles.

b.) some kind of overlapping going on with Tournament DeathMatch Title..

c.) importing Existing Cookies / scores into HUD. (as requested above)

d.) opening HUD midgame?.. !statshud or something?

e.) the following settings and if there is anything else to them?

[ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores]
;BackgroundTexture=ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores.In terlaced
;BaseTexture=ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores.Green
Top20Title=%G High Scores
Top5Title=Today's Top Scorers
ShowTime=15.0

f.) ability to show countryflags next to ranked players (like nexgen stats)

couple of extra things for a later date perhaps.. this is almost a fullon system in itself.. like nexgen/asc etc.

perhaps have a login system.. for admins/users which keeps them logged in until logout..

Perhaps have all accounts server-side and users could login .. a mac hash could be stored in there .ini which combines some user specific information

on the server as a check it would compare several factors including ip and/or first 2 octets 192.168.x.x from dynamic ips

clients ISP hostname perhaps

and MAC HASH

to foil sp00fers as such.

Sp0ngebob is currently developing something like this for nexgen.

then Admins / users could just jump on and do all the ninja cmds

i know this would be a big ask.. but perhaps some kinda gui menu would be nice. but not really a biggy atm

Man Loving this mod.

cheers.

also Iam running this HUD as a ServerActor.. instead of Mutator ... wonder if that is why scores not showing..

-- done updating ..

Last edited by back4more : 8th March, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
Unread 10th March, 2013, 09:25 PM
Holy Shit!!

ok resolved few things ;

Scores not showing up.. plain install of .ini fixed that.
um.. <player_name_thing> ;

Code:
Moves the player to the Red team.  Here, and below, <player_name> need
        only be a part of the player's nick.
guess thats not to bad..

GameType Extending off HUD;

Code:
[ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores]
; BackgroundTexture=ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores.Interlaced
; BaseTexture=ATBHighScores7.ATBHighScores.Green
Top20Title=%G High Scores
; Top5Title=Today's Top Scorers
; ShowTime=15.0
^ removed "High Scores Bit off end"

Trying to resolve currently is the Mutators thing.. basically If I change Mutators add/remove/modify.. then scores seem to screw up.. or more so don't work.

still trying to figgure;

how to open/close slide in menu

And bugs.. perhaps;

Today's top 5 players Timeframe.. 6am - 12pm or ?
^ maybe dependant on server clock of course.

also re:latest versions ATB (in first post).. is that not for ScoreBoard version or?
Cheers.

Last edited by back4more : 10th March, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Unread 12th March, 2013, 05:21 PM
Holy Shit!!

there was a problem with auto team balance where with nexgen if you turn off allow player team switch atb wouldn't work. if you leave it on people abuse team switching. OR am I doing something wrong?
BUNNYTRACK NY
Unread 18th March, 2013, 04:03 AM
Dominating

I guess NexGen is counter-acting any team switches that ATB makes. So *do* allow player team switch in NexGen.

To stop abuse, set bNoTeamChanges=True in UnrealTournament.ini, and bEnablePlayerCommands=False in AutoTeamBalance.ini (or better, bEnableTeamSwitchCommands=False if you have a recent version).
Unread 18th March, 2013, 11:27 AM
Godlike

To provide further compatibility on my server, I also wrote a small addition in a plugin which deactivates the Nexgen TeamBalancer completely.
Unread 18th March, 2013, 08:44 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginBasher View Post
I guess NexGen is counter-acting any team switches that ATB makes. So *do* allow player team switch in NexGen.

To stop abuse, set bNoTeamChanges=True in UnrealTournament.ini, and bEnablePlayerCommands=False in AutoTeamBalance.ini (or better, bEnableTeamSwitchCommands=False if you have a recent version).
thank you I will try this

edit: didn't work
BUNNYTRACK NY

Last edited by qwerty : 18th March, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
Unread 24th March, 2013, 11:33 AM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by back4more View Post
because player_names can be ŦŘįčķŶ .. perhaps use player [ID] instead like other mods? mutate kick <id> <reason> <time>
Sony asked for this some time ago. Although it's not documented, I think you can now do `mutate listids` and `mutate kickid`. Try `mutate help` if I remembered the name of the commands wrong!

== Getting ATBHighScores to work ==

Try this in the console:

Code:
admin set AutoTeamBalance.AutoTeamBalance bExportHighScores True
You can find a couple more vars in the config file, but only *after* ATB has written the ini back to disk. (After a game with >3 players, or you did an admin set command like above.) These vars are called something like:

bExportCountries=True
CountryFlagsPackage=...

Set them appropriately. You will need to have IpToCountry and a CountryFlags packages running on your server. (Setup for that can be found e.g. in the SmartCTF README.)

Console command `mutate highscores` should show the HUD mid-game. (Beware the scoreboard hides it, so you may need to press F1 too!)

You are right, to avoid text overflow you should set

Code:
Top20Title=%G
in the config file.

You are welcome to add login system, GUI front-end, Facebook connect, iPhone plugin and kitchen sink features to ATB. Please send me patches when you are done.

People can change their MAC address, but a hardware ID could be very useful. So please add that too! Thanks![/quote]
Unread 24th March, 2013, 11:55 AM
Holy Shit!!

ahh nice , we got country flags going on

excellent.

thanks for the reply btw.. they seem to far and in between but very resourceful.

BTW 'mutate highscores' not seem to be working..

also re:

Code:
// Note: Server admins who use Resurector should be aware that restoring the
// player's Score without restoring his TimeInGame will break ATB's scoring
// calculations.  We released a patched version of Resurector to fix this.
where do we acquire this version of ressurector please?

Last edited by back4more : 24th March, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
Unread 25th March, 2013, 07:26 AM
Holy Shit!!

Is someone ave found how to run it with AntiTweakV52 ?

Unread 25th March, 2013, 08:37 AM
Holy Shit!!

not really a fan of antitweak admin as for memory it blocked and caused errors on some maps.. ones with oversized power ups and the likes..
sorry can't help.
Unread 25th March, 2013, 10:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

I ave turn off AntiTweak it work but ...

1/ The kookies and "The match as begun!" stay all during the game http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9849/atbs.jpg

Note this server ave Nexgen

Unread 26th March, 2013, 09:14 AM
Holy Shit!!

ahh yes ,

try this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp0ngebob
Do not let Nexgen handle the gamestart (there is a setting for it).

Last edited by back4more : 26th March, 2013 at 09:16 AM.
Unread 26th March, 2013, 12:40 PM
Holy Shit!!

i'm going to try this

Unread 28th March, 2013, 02:39 PM
Holy Shit!!

just a note , has a problem with multiple players from same IP..

perhaps some other kind of check to help with this in the future.. if anyone picks this one up
Unread 1st April, 2013, 04:36 AM
Holy Shit!!

thsi thing is pretty damn cool bro

Iam getting worried though about what happens when scores get beyond 4 digits?

the top player got 1000+ points after only several rounds.

Also .. it seems to say only updating after 4 or more players yet I have configurered it for 2 players.. >?

Last edited by back4more : 1st April, 2013 at 04:40 AM.
Unread 4th April, 2013, 05:44 PM
Killing Spree

Still confused how to set it up, mine is blank, even tho its the right game-type in top, do i need to change something in the AutoTeamBalance.ini to get scores up ?

http://unrealmayhem.com