You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Beta Only

Unread 26th October, 2007, 01:08 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
My friend found a method to detect the render hooks from UScript, not by checking for signatures and such, but by looking at the execution time of certain functions. It caused a couple of false positives, but caught a lot of cheats as well. (Native ones)
Also a good method

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
PS: You can combine UScript with C#/C++ as well and use that as a base to catch cheats, this is what UTDC for UT99 does.
Of course you can, but it goes with downloading the DLL from a HP and stuff like that (and in UT2k4 AntiTCC, etc. will kick you for it).

Just as Shambler said: just have to wait and see...

A multifunctional UT2004 mutator: Clan Manager 1h 6T (Updated 04.07.09)
(Clanmember-/Admin-enter-messages, Clantag-Protection, Clanchat, Player-Logging, AFK-Detector, WhoIs, "second" private server to keep non-clanmembers out and much more.) Source included.

Check client screenshots for cheats (an UT2004-Mutator): Screenshot Sender (Updated: 27.11.08)
Unread 26th October, 2007, 05:11 PM
out of order

* Wormbo yawns some more and thinks about closing the thread for being pointless

No really, stop giving any attention to demo cheats. Ban them if you can and otherwise just ignore them.
Unread 26th October, 2007, 08:00 PM
Holy Shit!!

* Piglet passes Wormbo some cake
Unread 26th October, 2007, 08:49 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
* Wormbo yawns some more and thinks about closing the thread for being pointless

No really, stop giving any attention to demo cheats. Ban them if you can and otherwise just ignore them.

oh so you don't think there is any reasons to debate what can be done? the engine wont be changed with the released game, so what can defeat the demo engine will also defeat the released game engine ....... so pointless? then don't watch?

Denne hjemmeside er en vittighed, humor er godt men dobbeltmoral er skidt
Unread 26th October, 2007, 10:51 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DANISH]TheDane View Post
oh so you don't think there is any reasons to debate what can be done? the engine wont be changed with the released game, so what can defeat the demo engine will also defeat the released game engine ....... so pointless? then don't watch?

He means wait and see what anticheat is released when the full game is released - it's almost pointless speculation at this point what the manufacturer has cooked up for anticheat coding.

Once full version released then the coding war begins ^ ^
Unread 28th October, 2007, 02:59 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by szch View Post
He means wait and see what anticheat is released when the full game is released - it's almost pointless speculation at this point what the manufacturer has cooked up for anticheat coding.

Once full version released then the coding war begins ^ ^
Correct. Just as there is presently no cheat protection on 2k4 demo servers, the same will probably always be true of UT3 demo servers. Its just the nature of the beast.

Now that being said, I truly hope Epic has given a lot of attention to cheat protection this time around. I remember their halting efforts in 2k4, the anticheat tool released with the game was overwhelmed within a week of release, it was updated once and that was the end of their efforts in 2k4. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton
Unread 28th October, 2007, 03:18 PM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DANISH]TheDane View Post
For your information: As long as code is executed on the client and that client is connected to the server, the client can do anything he wants as long as it's within the bounds of the server's expected client behavior, protocol-wise.
If cheat coders are bored enough they will drop the UT3 client entirely and instead code their own client to connect to a server and play as snap-on aiming, enemyaim-dodging client. That should be good enough to make lives of instagib players miserable.

Just be glad that current cheat coders are lazy farts and won't do that.
Unread 1st November, 2007, 10:09 PM
Forum Newcomer

Unhappy

Okay, so i don't give a hoot about why people cheat, who's responsible for fixing it, how much it costs, whether it will ever be profitable to fix them, etc... A simple, useful question was asked earlier but I didn't see a clear answer between all the bickering....

How did you detect the aimbot cheat on your server? This would be the most useful information toward finding a fix or anti-cheat.

Don't worry about making the world cheat-free. Let's address it one cheat at a time.
Unread 1st November, 2007, 10:45 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdBeard View Post
Okay, so i don't give a hoot about why people cheat, who's responsible for fixing it, how much it costs, whether it will ever be profitable to fix them, etc... A simple, useful question was asked earlier but I didn't see a clear answer between all the bickering....

How did you detect the aimbot cheat on your server? This would be the most useful information toward finding a fix or anti-cheat.

Don't worry about making the world cheat-free. Let's address it one cheat at a time.

It wasnt 'detected' - it was obvious. UT3demo doesn't have an anticheat.
Unread 3rd November, 2007, 12:43 AM
Dominating

Quote:
* grep thinks someone needs to get of his high horse

this is a forum right? General consensus is forum's are very useful for exchanging ideas. Let people discuss what they want and don't read it if you think it's pointless. No need for the "yawning"

OnT: i'm somewhat hoping for some grander scheme by epic which might not be obvious at first and sure as hell won't be revealed in the beta demo. Epic hasn't done much to deserve trust in this department, but let's wait and see.

Last edited by grep : 3rd November, 2007 at 12:51 AM.
Unread 15th November, 2007, 05:19 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Okay, so let me rephrase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi*MC View Post
It wasnt 'detected' - it was obvious. UT3demo doesn't have an anticheat.
It was "obvious". What does that mean? What are the telltales of using an aimbot? Was there flicker, frame drop, lag, etc.? What led you to believe that your opponent was using an aimbot besides the fact that you got pwned by him? It's an honest question.

Yeah, I am aware that UT3Demo doesn't have an anti-cheat but if we had more details describing the cheat- any real info, we might be able to WRITE one!

And before you head me off with "But it's a Demo. What's the point? Why not wait for the retail version?" I will respond with: Well, they certainly aren't going to rewrite the entire retail engine so that it is completely different from the BETA. So, any effort during the BETA will be work well-invested in the Retail product.

Come on, guys... Some constructive input... anyone?

I am starting to agree with Wormbo... This is turning into a useless topic.
Unread 15th November, 2007, 07:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

full blown aimbots are obvious by a few measures - consistant shot snapping, and rarely missing - consistently. Only bots I've seen pictures of are from [в] members.

Last edited by Punjabi*MC : 15th November, 2007 at 11:25 PM.
Unread 15th November, 2007, 08:05 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
It was "obvious". What does that mean? What are the telltales of using an aimbot? Was there flicker, frame drop, lag, etc.? What led you to believe that your opponent was using an aimbot besides the fact that you got pwned by him? It's an honest question.
It's pretty obvious if you have common sense. When you see someone automatically lock onto to you with a link gun.

Quote:
Yeah, I am aware that UT3Demo doesn't have an anti-cheat but if we had more details describing the cheat- any real info, we might be able to WRITE one!
I highly doubt you'll get your hands of the inner works of a cheat for UT3. [в] Members and friends are the only people who have created cheats for UT3Demo/Retail. Anti-Cheat coders will just have to go in blind folded.

Quote:
And before you head me off with "But it's a Demo. What's the point? Why not wait for the retail version?" I will respond with: Well, they certainly aren't going to rewrite the entire retail engine so that it is completely different from the BETA. So, any effort during the BETA will be work well-invested in the Retail product.
Demo doesn't support a mutators, or any type of server actors. Even if you compiled it using the full version, I doubt EPIC will let the server remain seen. This happened in UT2004 Demo - people figured out a way to have demo run mutators and they were removed from the master server shortly after.
Quote:
Come on, guys... Some constructive input... anyone?
Maybe you should heed your own words.

Quote:
I am starting to agree with Wormbo... This is turning into a useless topic.
This is an EPIC method. Turn your head away from anything that doesn't give you money.
Unread 19th November, 2007, 07:40 PM
Forum Newcomer

Talking

Quote:
When you see someone automatically lock onto to you with a link gun.
Thanks for the constructive input!

Apparently, I have not seen anyone cheating during my experiences of playing the demo. I've seen really good players and really bad players and just about everyone in between but was unsure how to definitively spot a cheater, apart from him being very good (which is a vague and unreliable method of detection, imho.)

My little bit of constructive input was evidently to ask the right question which would prompt experienced admins such as yourself to contribute real information about aimbotting rather than just complaints and speculation about why cheaters are morally reprehensible and whether EPIC loves money more than it's customers.

In the future, I will keep an eye out for auto-following link gun streams. This seem like the most obvious way of spotting a cheater. Then again, I have met players who were very good at targeting with a link gun. So...
Unread 19th November, 2007, 10:07 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:

From your response Mr W, I'm hoping, nae praying, that you are aware of the full games ability for to stop cheating =).

I tried to a 'open <server_ip>', but used incorrectly 'connect <server_ip>' command instead. After trying this and then logging in to a normal listed server, I got a cannot connect to server after illegal console command. Or along those lines...

Here's hoping they do infact have something in the full game to stop/curb cheating...

fr4j0

Unread 20th November, 2007, 01:59 PM
Unstoppable

well, if, then it is native coded completely.
I was unable to detect anything anti-cheat related in the script-source (not even a unreal-security or something like that).

A multifunctional UT2004 mutator: Clan Manager 1h 6T (Updated 04.07.09)
(Clanmember-/Admin-enter-messages, Clantag-Protection, Clanchat, Player-Logging, AFK-Detector, WhoIs, "second" private server to keep non-clanmembers out and much more.) Source included.

Check client screenshots for cheats (an UT2004-Mutator): Screenshot Sender (Updated: 27.11.08)
Unread 21st February, 2008, 09:53 PM
Killing Spree

Cheats are as real as viruses out there. I had to ban a few botters from my server and I have recorded server side demos of the cheaters.

The cheats out there are very sofiticated that you can turn it on for a sec and then turn it off with the press of a key. So not easy to detect.

Check my forums for demos: http://voids.clanservers.com/forums/
Unread 25th February, 2009, 03:14 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default For the ArsHole who thinks his fooling everyone w/hacks

Any experienced player can tell when there is a hack in the field. You don't need any hack detecting software you idiot! The game play changes when the arsholes are in the game and that's just the first clue. Most low life hacks are too stupid to hide it and are even dumber thinking they can lie about it. It's laughable when hacks deny their obvious hacking, it's so pathetic. I suppose they have to compensate for their lack of skill, but the only one they fool is themselves and the noobies who don't know any better. There are way too many hacks in this game so the only thing to do is let them play by themselves. If they need a fake thrill beating noobies then so be it. Good players like to play against good players. I hate playing noobies cause it's no challenge, and using hacks would make it even worse. I hate playing hacks cause there's no sport in it. Just some arshole compensating for his lack of winnie size and his bb's size balls. LOL! Sucker, you loose even when you win, cuaus you didn't win, your hack did you stupid fck! If you’re a hack, you’re a looser even before even you start. Hack = LOOSER. Nuff said.
Unread 25th February, 2009, 03:37 PM
out of order

Nice one, dude. You're only a year too late.
Unread 25th February, 2009, 05:21 PM
Holy Shit!!

Yay, yet another person giving the cheaters they want: attention and hate. When will you learn ?

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.