You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > AnthraXs Corner > General Chat

Unread 19th February, 2018, 09:27 AM
Dominating

Default i broke my ace :D

So i was installing ACE on a server tonight (v10e i believe), however it kept kicking me out on just 2 maps cause of connection time outs, but it was clear to me that ace was just having an issue with these 2 maps (i preformed multiple tests) and tried everything i could think of and finally i decided to back pedal the ace version. Now no matter what letter of version 10 i try, i can remove all of Ace's files, put brand new ones in, but no matter what when i join the server, right after all the checks are good, the whole server plays super slowmo. I can disconnect from the server, come back in, have it playing normal speed, until the starting ace check finishes (so like 5 seconds of normal gameplay), and then its back to slowmo. I am fairly certain i have removed all of ace's files b4 putting fresh ones in and it doesnt matter. I even tried an older version of my server from a zip file, all i did was bring over a few texture and weapon files that i had just added to this server b4 tonight's bs, and a few ini files for mapvote, multimut, serverscroll and stuffswapper, none of which should have anything to do with ACE, and yet it still happens with fresh ace files.

EDIT: It appears that its kicking me out of the server around the time it starts to go slowmo, i just cant tell from my side cause it keeps playing. No ACE logs are created and i dont see anything in the serverlog file other than the fact i left after a timeout of 15.000000 seconds .

Last edited by NightWing : 19th February, 2018 at 12:33 PM.
Unread 19th February, 2018, 12:30 PM
Dominating

Ok, it turns out that i can go back to versions of ACE b4 v10, so for now im good, and since 10 is what u guys are working on now, i suppose u can take this as a bug report. Let me know if u want any more information about this, as it would be nice to upgrade eventually.
Unread 19th February, 2018, 05:00 PM
Godlike

Check this thread here for v10f -----> https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12700

Unread 20th February, 2018, 02:26 AM
Dominating

thanks, ya i found 10f yesterday, i think i will give it a try and hope its not broken like 10e and 10c are for me, but i have also been looking into my original problem of ace not liking certain maps (apparently cause they have custom weapons in them) and it appears that the v10(all letters) all have this issue, where is i am running v8h now with no problems, so at the end of it all im prolly just ganna end up sticking with 8h for a while.
Unread 11th March, 2018, 05:18 AM
Dominating

so now i unzipped an old server of mine that im trying to bring back up that also ran acev10 and it has the same issue, so whatever i did to break my ace on the other server is affecting all servers on my server box...
Unread 11th March, 2018, 04:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

you ave ace 8 plugin on ?

[Engine.GameEngine]

Unread 15th March, 2018, 04:34 AM
Dominating

u talking about having any ace8 server actors/packages enabled? Not when i try to run v10.
Unread 15th March, 2018, 09:22 AM
Dominating

god im a noob. Turns out this wasnt a server issue, it was client side. Somehow my ace files got corrupted. Deleted them all, reinstalled them and im good to go.
Unread 15th March, 2018, 09:34 AM
Holy Shit!!