You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 1st August, 2005, 08:16 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Question for UT admin gurus

I have a botter problem. I'm a relative newbie I'll let you know. Still i usually finish in the top 3 on my favorite servers. Until that is a botter came along. My favorite server at the moment is viper's demo server in Dallas. Before you ask yes I have the full version and I do play other servers and maps but this is where me and most of my friends without the full version meet up. Anyway the name this botter goes by is logain721. Here's a recorded demo of him botting
Logain Cheat Demo The admin is someone I know because I'm currently checking to see how much it costs to rent out one of his servers. The admin VIPER tried to ban him and failed. Turns out the guys is using Steganos Anonym Pro 7 so that his IP changes about once every second or so. This product provides a large number of proxy servers across a wide array of ISP's so banning this guy by ip range is not impossible but you would ban half the world before you stopped him. To verify that I set up a server, forwarded all the ports and made the propert setting in my firewall (Zonalarm Security Suite). I then had him attempt to connect saying that I would be able to ban him when no one else could. Here are the logs from when he tried to join. He says he's using a customized bot based of the source of Zirrius bot. I have his username and pass to utcheats.net if you would like it. Anyway my firewall blocked him not because it wasn't opened up properly because others could join just fine. The reason he was blocked is that ZA is a statefull packet inspecting firewall. Meaning that a request would be sent from my machine to him, but then his IP would change and he would respond back and my firewall would block it because it had not sent a request to that IP. This may be the only way to block such lamers that I'm aware of. You guys tell me if there is anything I can do to ruin this guys's day as many times as he's ruined mine. Her's what I have on him so far.(Which i won't post until it can be confirmed so i'm not slandering someone who doesn't deserve it)
Name:
Social security number:
address:
ISP:
Ocupation in armed forces, rank, and discharge details.
anyway thanks for responding if any do.
Unread 1st August, 2005, 09:55 AM
Forum Newcomer

Have you tried banning his installation ID?
He can't be changing that every time.

Does your server have SafeGame or AntiTCC installed?

You and the admins of the other servers, may also wish to put in a UTAN Ban request which will block by his Installation ID. But you will all require individual proof to action a Global Ban.

http://utan.unrealadmin.org/

You may also want to install UTAN Ban Manager.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10678

This will automatically download a list of Globally banned Installations from UTAN.
Unread 2nd August, 2005, 06:47 AM
Forum Newcomer

The problem being that this guy has already had his CD key from the full version of UT2004 that he bought banned for cheating. So he is now using the demo only, along with some awesome proxy software, and a customized bot to cheat. So i'm not sure that the demo itself has an installation ID. Please let me know if it does. The other issue is that since this is a demo server I'm not aware of any anti-cheating software that works on demo servers such as anti-tcc or anything of that nature if you know of any anti cheat software that will work on a demo server please let me know. As I said this wouldn't be a problem if all of my friends had the full version but as of yet they don't. However since the cost has come down on the game quite a bit that may end up being the best solution to my problem