You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 29th November, 2007, 05:13 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Dedicated LAN Server Woes

I'm new to the UT scene but UT3 grabbed my attention and I decided to try and replace my current ETQW addiction with a new game!
For the past two days I have been reading this and other forums trying to get UT3's Dedicated Server to run with no success. Here is the batch file that I'm using:
Code:
:one
cd C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries
UT3.exe server ?Game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?numplay=8?goalscore=10?botskill=1?MinNetPlayers=1?bUsesStats=True?bIsDedicated=true?bShouldAdvertise=True?GameMode=4?bIsLanMatch=True -login=DevlshOne -password=XXX -log=..\Logs\server.log -unattended -EngineINI=..\UTGame\Config\LAN-TDM\UTEngine.ini -GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\LAN-TDM\UTGame.ini
goto one
The console starts but I'm unable to see it from either of my gaming rigs. There are no firewalls running on internal machines. Yes, I did create the "LAN-TDM" folder and edited the UTGame.ini file to reflect the new server name. The log file shows no errors or warnings.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 29th November, 2007, 06:19 PM
Rampage

atm the: -unattend flag always needs to be at the end of the command line
Unread 29th November, 2007, 06:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caracca View Post
atm the: -unattend flag always needs to be at the end of the command line
Thanks!
Actually, I finally got it working by adding the DM-Arsenal map name and changing to UTGame.UTDeathMatch. However, does this activate map rotation? How do I set the rotation in an INI file? Am I forced to always play DM? Should I setup different batch files / INI files for the different game modes?
Why is my log file full of these?
Code:
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_0 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_1 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_16 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_17 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_18 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_19 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_2 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_20 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_21 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_22 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_23 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_3 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Unread 30th November, 2007, 02:07 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlshOne View Post
Thanks!
Actually, I finally got it working by adding the DM-Arsenal map name and changing to UTGame.UTDeathMatch. However, does this activate map rotation? How do I set the rotation in an INI file? Am I forced to always play DM? Should I setup different batch files / INI files for the different game modes?
Why is my log file full of these?
Code:
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_0 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_1 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_16 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_17 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_18 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_19 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_2 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_20 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_21 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_22 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_23 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
Error: LightMapTexture2D DM-Arsenal.LightMapTexture2D_3 contains no miplevels! Please delete.
No, look for ChangeLevels=false in the .ini and change it to true. Somebody fumbled when they made up the .ini. That should get your rotation going.
On the other, my guess is your vid setup is trying to force mipmaps, look in the advanced part of the Nvidia driver if that's what you're running and set it to off. At present, to change the gametype you have to change it in the command line, not very convienant, but I'm sure either Epic or a third party will address the situation soon.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton

Last edited by BadCompany : 30th November, 2007 at 02:09 AM.
Unread 30th November, 2007, 04:52 AM
Forum Newcomer

bChangeLevels=True and mipmaps is "None" globally, so that's not it on either case.
Voting works to change the maps but they do not rotate automatically. I may be new to UT but I'm thinking this server setup thing really sucks. They should have a much better front-end for setting all the options.
Unread 30th November, 2007, 11:00 PM
Rampage

something like this in ur UTGame.ini
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch ",Maps=("DM-Deck","DM-Sentinel"))

and add some more maps

every map has to be, at least for the moment between quote's / ""
Unread 1st December, 2007, 08:28 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlshOne View Post
bChangeLevels=True and mipmaps is "None" globally, so that's not it on either case.
Voting works to change the maps but they do not rotate automatically. I may be new to UT but I'm thinking this server setup thing really sucks. They should have a much better front-end for setting all the options.
Well if you successfully change with the mapvote, the way it usually works is that if there is no vote during the voting time, a map is randomly selected. If there is nobody on the server playing, the maps don't rotate. If you turn off mapvoting, then the first map on startup is the cmd line map, and maps start the rotation order at the end of that one until everyone leaves. This is the way UT has worked since way back. The previous poster was also correct, there needs to be a GameSpecificMapCycles for your particular game in the .ini (Mine came with only the War game in the .ini).

The mipmap thing was just a guess, at my provider a lot of random problems were cured by simply wiping the install and reinstalling fresh in the first few days after the servers came up. I haven't seen this problem posted anywhere else, so apparently its not a bug, but either misconfig or file corruption.

Well unfortunately it is a pain for this game. Epic changed things around plenty, so experience can only get the admin so far, and there is not a big knowledge base to tap. Take heart that you have a server up and running, that's more than a lot of well traveled admins can say at this point. You might also want to check out the Epic Forums/Serveradmin at:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

if you haven't found your way there already.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton

Last edited by BadCompany : 1st December, 2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar