You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 22nd December, 2007, 01:37 AM
Killing Spree

Default Vista dedicates server v1.1 do not even start

I got only error: "game.exe has stopped working".

Do I have to set something on Vista (x86) or wait patch 1.2 from Epic?

There was fun with demo and with WinXP x64 to even install this game. Seems there is same again with Vista, too. If I try to disable Data Execution Prevention exception list under Advanced System Properties, UT3 "says": "This program (UT3) must run with Data Execution Prevention enabled. You cannot turn DEP off for this program".

Post plz your Ons^H^H^HWarFare runserver.bat or tell how on heck you host this Windows Dedicated Server with v1.1 patch on Vista. Yes, I am behind the NAT and that's why I need the new 1.1. I have opened right UDP ports to my router (23756, 27900, 13000, 7778, 7777 and 6500).

[6 h later]

Problem is solved. Seems Epic boys are playing too much with new consoles and with XX" plasmas.. The bug is excatly same what was in demo.exe. Do this and you can host with Vista, WinXP x64 or Server 2003:

1. Go into the control panel
2. Open the Administrative Tools control panel
3. Open Local Security Policy
4. On the left side of the window that opens, highlight the Software Restriction Policies folder by left clicking on it once
5. Go to the Action menu and press New Software Restriction Policies
6. Now, in the left side of the window, some icons should have appeared. One of them is called Enforcement, and it's icon should look like "blue 1's and 0's"
7. Right click it and press properties
8. In the window that opens, check the "All users except local administrators" radio button
9. Hit Apply, then OK, and then close out of the Local Security Settings control panel

Last edited by EmDzei : 22nd December, 2007 at 02:15 AM. Reason: solved