You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 10th May, 2002, 03:58 AM
DarkByte

We are sorry about the spec bug, it was caused by our delaying some replicated function to prevent hackers to crash the servers with it.

This version is mostly bug fixes but has a special addition in it.

get it from one of these 2 locations:

http://pages.infinit.net/darkbyte/filez/UTPureRC5v.zip

http://www.midnightinteractive.com/UTPure/.../UTPureRC5v.zip

The UTPure Team.
Unread 10th May, 2002, 04:12 AM
Path

Whoo! Hooo!

No more server crashes and more importantly no more bots for a while anyway I hope.

Thanks DarkByte
Unread 10th May, 2002, 04:30 AM
Stealth111

Unread 10th May, 2002, 05:36 AM
HogMan

Yeeha!
Unread 10th May, 2002, 08:58 AM
Lambda!

Whats the point coding a ZP for pure and giving it as a "special addition"?
Unread 10th May, 2002, 10:33 AM
birch

First thanks for the new release. ZeroPing InstaGib ( Accu and coloraccu ) & ZeroPing:Sniper work well.

I have problems with the ZeroPing and ZeroPing:Shock Arena crashing my server. Seems to be shock rifle related - same error for both mods. Might just be me. Running 436 server version.

ScriptLog: Base Mutator is DM-HyperBlast.DMMutator3
ScriptLog: Mutators ZPPure5v.ZeroPing
ScriptLog: Add mutator ZPPure5v.ZeroPing
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Zeroping DM-HyperBlast.Zeroping0 (Function ZPPure5v.Zeroping.DecorateName:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject:rocessEvent
Critical: (zp_Server DM-HyperBlast.zp_Server39, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay)
Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor
Critical: (zp_Server)
Critical: UObject:rocessEvent
Critical: (zp_ShockRifle DM-HyperBlast.zp_ShockRifle39, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay)
Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor

I'll just leave the UTPureRC5v running for now !
Unread 10th May, 2002, 10:48 AM
DarkByte

Thanks for the report birch.

Actually, its a bit of my fault, all i really got tested were AccuGib and the color one. I'm a gibber and most peeps i know are gibbers too so i tend to forget about all weapons.

Next version will have that fixed.
Unread 10th May, 2002, 11:11 AM
RLP

I was starting to think I was to stupid to make it work.
Thanks for working on the ZP Pure.
Unread 10th May, 2002, 03:35 PM
Mr_Nobody{PoD}

Quick clarifying question: is this ZPPure mod designed to work with an existing ZeroPing mutator? Or does it actually include the ZP code?
Unread 10th May, 2002, 07:36 PM
birch

The ZPPure mod doesnt need the previous ZP mods to work. ( well from my testing ) Remove your previous references to the standalone ZP Mods.

All you need is the following in your INI. ( Of course in addition to the UTPureRC5v stuff.....)

ServerPackages=ZPPure5v

Then add the appropriate mutator into your server batch or via the web admin.

ZPPure5v.ZeroPing ** problems
ZPPure5v.AccuGib
ZPPure5v.ColorAccuGib
ZPPure5v.ZP_ShockArena ** problems
ZPPure5v.ZP_SniperArena
Unread 10th May, 2002, 07:51 PM
Riptor

Its a whole new zeroping, one that will be compatible with pure.
Unread 10th May, 2002, 07:51 PM
DarkByte

Extra notes on ZPPure:

- Apart from CoorAccuGib, the code for zppure is the same as ZeroPing v1.00, only we used our obfuscation tool on it.
- ZPPure should not be run with standard zp running. Its one or the other.
- ZPPure requires UTPure to be running on the server and to be active. If you issue "mutate disablepure", problems will arise.

We are aware of the following issues so far:

- zeroping (for weapons) & zeroping: Shock Arena do not work as expected.
- Original ZP had a behavior where you could end-up shooting an enemy but not killing it (just like pushing it or such), if someone finds a way to reproduce, we will fix it. Meanwhile, we will try to find out ourselves.

Those need further testing:
- If you hold fire with zp, the 2nd and following shots will come out in a random direction.
- ColorAccuGib was reported to shoot blue for red team. Can someone confirm/deny that or find a way to reproduce the behavior.

We'll keep you posted about updates.

The UTPure team.
Unread 10th May, 2002, 08:05 PM
Elvis

"obfuscation tool" ?

Unread 10th May, 2002, 08:16 PM
TNSe

I believe the process is more complex than the word. *cough*
Unread 10th May, 2002, 08:53 PM
Lambda!

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkByte
Extra notes on ZPPure:

- Apart from CoorAccuGib, the code for zppure is the same as ZeroPing v1.00, only we used our obfuscation tool on it.
Rofl whats the point in obfuscating if you tell where to find the non-obfuscated code
Unread 11th May, 2002, 02:23 AM
Virus{PCG}

Ive just reconfigured my server to run ZPpure5v colour accugib. From what Ive seen, two different coloured shots are enabled, namely the standard orange beam for red and lilac for all other colours (including none).

If you feel daring or curious, pop into my server while I catch some ZZZs...
213.208.115.98:7777

All custom files should be downloaded via my webspace
Unread 11th May, 2002, 03:40 AM
shlaw

hey all,

one quick question, does 5v have the fix to the small "bug" to mac users that 5u had?

thx
Unread 11th May, 2002, 03:52 AM
DarkByte

Quote:
Originally posted by shlaw
hey all,  

one quick question, does 5v have the fix to the small "bug" to mac users that 5u had?

thx
The thing is, the bug is with WestLake's version .. not with UTPure.
Unread 11th May, 2002, 05:30 AM
[MA]Sifl-|X|

Hey shlaw you beat me here

I have the same concern for the Mac version, as I help admin 2 servers for a Mac-Centric Clan. We had no problems with the previous versions, so I am confused how the download bug was introduced. Could you elaborate a little about how the Westlake port of UT has broken UTPure downloads? From my admittedly limited percpective, that seems not to make much sense.

I know the work around would be to have everyone download and install the Pure updade before hand, but we are talking about a membership of over 80 people, with new people happening on to our server by word of mouth. The daily traffic on our main server is easily over 100 unique people, with close to 90% of those Mac Users. For our community this is a major bug, and would like very much if it could be addressed.

Thank you much for the effort.
Unread 11th May, 2002, 05:51 AM
Xx Badblood xX

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkByte
Extra notes on ZPPure:

- zeroping (for weapons) & zeroping: Shock Arena do not work as expected.
I imagine you already know how to fix this one...

Quote:

- Original ZP had a behavior where you could end-up shooting an enemy but not killing it (just like pushing it or such), if someone finds a way to reproduce, we will fix it. Meanwhile, we will try to find out ourselves.
Couple of ways for this to happen:

Two clients fire at the same time, one with lower ping. The lower ping players kill packet arrives first, rendering the high ping player's kill packet invalid. So the high pinger will see their shot "bounce" and die a split second later.

Lagout. ZP puts a time limit on the packets it sends, and if they expire, they are considered invalid packets. In the meantime, on the client, it will have already displayed the shot from the gun, and the local gamestate tries to make sense of it by boosting the player (the boosted player will "snap" into the right place after, once the local gamestate is re-syncronized with the server's).

In other words, you can't really get rid of these side-effects. By moving the ping disadvantage off the shot, the client displays a shot first, then waits for the server to update the gamestate. If the server doesn't confirm the kill, the shot player gets boosted, then snaps back to where he should be according to the servers gamestate.

Quote:
Those need further testing:
- If you hold fire with zp, the 2nd and following shots will come out in a random direction.
We have a fix for that one.

Quote:
- ColorAccuGib was reported to shoot blue for red team. Can someone confirm/deny that or find a way to reproduce the behavior.
Couldn't help you on this one. Our's uses a new texture set to match team colours. The only thing I can think of is if the person just switched teams, they may still be holding the old team's version of the gun. It should fix itself when the player dies if that is the case.