You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 11th May, 2002, 05:58 AM
[MA]Sifl-|X|

Hey Pure Guys, just wanted to let you know that in my own trying out 5v does not seem to cause problems downloading to a Mac client. I put on our less traveled server and tested the DL to my Mac, and it didn't cause any trouble. So I have to wonder if maybe y'all inadvertantly fixed it or something because it seems to run just fine to me.

Keep up the good work.
Unread 11th May, 2002, 09:43 AM
TNSe

Quote:
Originally posted by Xx Badblood xX

Two clients fire at the same time, one with lower ping.  The lower ping players kill packet arrives first, rendering the high ping player's kill packet invalid.  So the high pinger will see their shot "bounce" and die a split second later.

Lagout.  ZP puts a time limit on the packets it sends, and if they expire, they are considered invalid packets.  In the meantime, on the client, it will have already displayed the shot from the gun, and the local gamestate tries to make sense of it by boosting the player (the boosted player will "snap" into the right place after, once the local gamestate is re-syncronized with the server's).
Neither of these are valid in this case. He didn't die, he had ping under 50 f1.

And this happened with the ORIGINAL ZP. I know it is a bug that ZP community is aware of. One guy I talked to said he usually reconnected when this started happening.
Unread 11th May, 2002, 03:43 PM
¤KR¤AcidSlam

This might be a stupid question.... but this version does actually stop the 2 new bots that are about right ? Cos i havent seen any mention of it here.

Also, can the coloured shots be enabled for none zp games ?
Unread 11th May, 2002, 08:15 PM
$GB$Chicken

You guys should include SpecFix with UTPure...it's 2 files you put in your system folder that fixes the bugs while speccing in behindview 0 (Like if you watch some1 get headshot your view goes upside down until you either reconnect...or watch someone get headshot again.

It also makes their crosshair look smooth as if it were you playing.

You can download it fromhere
Unread 11th May, 2002, 08:48 PM
Xx Badblood xX

Quote:
Originally posted by TNSe

Neither of these are  valid in this case. He didn't die, he had ping under 50 f1.

And this happened with the ORIGINAL ZP. I know it is a bug that ZP community is aware of. One guy I talked to said he usually reconnected when this started happening.

Then it's prolly just the client dying, and I don't know how to reproduce that either. Yes that is something that happens every so often with the original zp. It's usually triggered by a server with pl. Thats all I can figure it back to.
Unread 12th May, 2002, 02:42 AM
Virus{PCG}

An alternative way to cease those 'bouncing' shots is to frag someone using your secondry, non-zp fire... the primary fire then does its thing again
Unread 13th May, 2002, 04:55 AM
Riptor

I have a problem, zppure5v is on and with the Accugib mutator on. However I still see colored shots.
Blue shots by the way and I'm on the red team
Unread 13th May, 2002, 05:04 AM
birch

ZeroPing AccuGib - I also get blue or red colored shots. You get blue with the Primary Fire and Red with the Secondary Fire. Not a big deal when your playing a DeathMatch though.
Unread 28th May, 2002, 03:17 PM
KrazyFragger

Quote:
Originally posted by birch
ZeroPing AccuGib - I also get blue or red colored shots.  You get blue with the Primary Fire and Red with the Secondary Fire.   Not a big deal when your playing a DeathMatch though.
I have never got that specific problem, but similar problems with ZeroPing. If you want to play IG and turn on both the Instagib and ZeroPing Accugib mods, a lot of weird (bad) stuff happens. I don't know if that was your case but i'm just informing people. Weird things consisting of the left click not working, having to use the right, and the most odd is shooting like crazy and hitting the opponant a million times while the other player sees nothing. This happens with friends, my friend is shooting me like crazy and all I see is him running around doing nothing but on his screen he's shooting like crazy. Heh he took a pic of shooting me in the head while I was waving, of course on my screen he wasn't doing anything.
Unread 28th May, 2002, 03:19 PM
KrazyFragger

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptor
I have a problem, zppure5v is on and with the Accugib mutator on. However I still see colored shots.
Blue shots by the way and I'm on the red team
It was said that if you just changed teams your shot will stay a different color until you die once and respawn, I don't know if that was your case though.
Unread 4th June, 2002, 02:31 AM
Interloper

well im new to utpure and how it works..............i have to admit i used to cheat ALOT in ut, just find any patch that beats pure and headshot my way throught game.....

well back to my question...im familiar to zeroping, but whats this zppure thing? is it the same thing as zeroping, if so then why did u ppl bother to make it if one already exists?
Unread 5th June, 2002, 03:08 PM
¤KR¤AcidSlam

Probably because the 1st ZP was hacked to pieces, and a bot maker made the 2nd ZP, also Pure does not work with ZP2. But obviously the ZP built into Pure does work with it.