You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 15th August, 2006, 07:29 AM
out of order

Also, you don't need to be registered to be able to see most of the forum, so banning as a measure of keeping post content secret is pointless.
Unread 15th August, 2006, 10:36 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXie
Regardless of forum rules, this forum contains in-depth discussions of AntiTCC, exploits, and other information which should not be made privy to these well-known cheaters...
not precisely, i mean not so much " deep " . when it comes to that type of " deep " discussions, UTAN admins are clever/expert enough to keep those away from public eyes. the forum's aim to be a source of knowledge for Unreal Server Admins , not a hack/exploit seeking forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty
... Anyone and everyone here (except for the admins, of course ) could be someone active in the cheat/exploit/black hat community or whatever.
exactly. (excluding me )

Last edited by The_IMMortal : 15th August, 2006 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 17th August, 2006, 01:40 AM
Rampage

LOL Captain Caveman was a name I once had, I choose these blasts from the past, cos no one no where, not even a google will find someone using it in ut, then before I know it everyone has the name. Then I went to IceMan and once again.

If ya a good player with a good name everyone wants to be you.
I should be flattered but I'm running out of names dag nam it!

If ya wanna be safer from people getting ya guid's when ya connect then don't play on non-standard servers, keep the standard servers checked on the server browser window and you shoudl be much safer. But can't any admin get players guid's by simply banning them then ****** the ******.
But not sure i think they might have removed this from later patches so standard servers running latest patch is probs advised.
If ya wanna play non standard servers then maybe email the admins email for that server and ask for a site, get to know the group then join.

It is harsh but probs safest bet.

Also I starred it out as IMMortal says it should be a source for REAL! admins and not a play to find out whos getting caught for what and stuff like that.

Last edited by AndyMc-IceMan : 17th August, 2006 at 01:44 AM.
Unread 17th August, 2006, 06:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMc-IceMan
LOL Captain Caveman was a name I once had, I choose these blasts from the past, cos no one no where, not even a google will find someone using it in ut, then before I know it everyone has the name. Then I went to IceMan and once again.

If ya a good player with a good name everyone wants to be you.
I should be flattered but I'm running out of names dag nam it!

If ya wanna be safer from people getting ya guid's when ya connect then don't play on non-standard servers, keep the standard servers checked on the server browser window and you shoudl be much safer. But can't any admin get players guid's by simply banning them then ****** the ******.
But not sure i think they might have removed this from later patches so standard servers running latest patch is probs advised.
If ya wanna play non standard servers then maybe email the admins email for that server and ask for a site, get to know the group then join.

It is harsh but probs safest bet.

Also I starred it out as IMMortal says it should be a source for REAL! admins and not a play to find out whos getting caught for what and stuff like that.
I know I said thati I would not post anymore in this thread but ths person is really misguided. Andy, you act as though he got the idea from you. If you were actaully flattered by his name you need to take your ego down a notch. Also how is trusting a standard server with 3369 going to do anything? On top of that what if its a demo server?
Unread 17th August, 2006, 09:01 AM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMc-IceMan
Any *player* can get your GUID (most of the time) just by banning you from voice chat... I'm sure Epic knows this too and made sure you can't fake your identity with just the GUID. This is probably also the reason the black hats need to setup a fake server to aquire not only someone's GUID, but something else too.
TG:m00! - Admin of The Gifted Clan's TAM Servers ( Status / TAM #1 / TAM #2 )
Unread 19th September, 2006, 12:38 AM
Killing Spree

fake servers r back
ut2004://80.56.40.134:7777
ut2004://80.56.40.134:5777
Unread 19th September, 2006, 07:09 PM
Rampage

I think EPIC should make a page on there site to renew GUID's which needs a valid email in the same area as there ip which should relate to there post code which they would get through registrating your genuine UT. But they could charge a small fee, very small, like $2 for a first 1 off charge, then post a new key to them in the snail mail along with a passcode that they need with there info when revisiting the page for a new automated key. This would cut right down on fraudulent use of keys. And honest people could get new keys and if the ban was for aimbot then a short delay whilst the ip was verified to be from same isp. If someone changes an ISP they would have to pay the $2 again to re register there details and recieve a new passcode and have there ISP logged again.

I'm not sure if I made sense with that but I mean, they setup a secure password with u by proper snail mail then you use this along with your isp info form your ip to get another key. I'm sure most common guid stealling would be picked up on. It would only be a case of a trace ont he ip that got the key banned to see if it was the same ISP of who registered for the passcode.

LOL I think I just make it more complicated sounding. I'll read later and try reword it if I have.
Unread 5th October, 2006, 01:35 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySoSo
Andy, you act as though he got the idea from you. If you were actaully flattered by his name you need to take your ego down a notch.
M8 it was a joke but yeah in your world I really thought I was the only one to ever use the name captain caveman. Tbh he probs see it on TV as I did and it brought back memories so he used the name also and probs way before I did.
Don't fear the EGO, embrace it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySoSo
Also how is trusting a standard server with 3369 going to do anything? On top of that what if its a demo server?
Its a start to try calm the paraniod people out there who think the world is comming to an end, hmm no actually it is isn't it.
But look you have a blast at me if it makes you feel better, I don't mind honestly. I won't take offence I promise.

But back towards topics, its probs best to correct people where they are wrong as then all learn from this and then facts will contain less fiction and more will understand and be clued up about more. Sometimes things need to be said as there are questions many want to ask but never do, so I will ask them no matter how lame or n00b they sound. Embarressment is somethign people feel within themselfs, I hav trained hard with Master Fung-Lo and resist these erges.
But what new commers trying to learn some stuff don't want to see is forum bashers. Them quaint few guys who travel forums looking for someone to dig at for not being a ROBOT and saying excatly what someone else wanted to hear.
Next time I'll pop into your head, think what you want to hear, pop back here then put that. Then this can be just how u want it, not a forum where debate happens and things are learnt or discussed but a dictation of how some want it to be. Better known as spoilt men who never grew out of acting like a child having a tantrum.

I'm not pointing fingers but only trying to let some remember that they are adults.
TBH I get insults thrown at me tons then soon as I throw some back the forums fill with tears of grown men crying because they lost an argument.

Insults pff they always throw a topic off and the guys that always defend themself and sometimes get angry look the bad ones.
I do provoke rage but I am not the one doing the rage, people need to keep there cool and reply with a good put argument which will I'm sure contain facts and make us all smarter from the knowledge of the facts.

Ok I'm going to put my heatshield up now to protect me from all the flames.

Last edited by AndyMc-IceMan : 5th October, 2006 at 01:44 AM.
Unread 5th October, 2006, 01:56 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
SammySoSo
Banned
Unread 5th October, 2006, 08:29 AM
Killing Spree

I swore this thread was locked...
Why is it we're typing a page long reply to a banned person anyway
Unread 5th October, 2006, 08:53 AM
Holy Shit!!

I like cake.
Unread 5th October, 2006, 12:43 PM
out of order

Don't bump old threads with a reply to a banned user. On top of that, the last post in this thread was your own.

Apply some common sense or someone may hit the eject button for you.