You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 21st September, 2008, 02:23 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn m3 pl0x View Post
azura i don't think it does, i added it to packages. Nothing happened.
I'm talking about the "hack", not the mutator. To get the mutator to load you need to add it to your startup file, add it in webadmin or use some fancy mod like mapvotela to get it to autoload.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 21st September, 2008, 08:53 PM
Holy Shit!!

is it me or is it just funny when a cheater can't even load a mutator when handed to him? That do tell something about them cheaters doesn't it?

Denne hjemmeside er en vittighed, humor er godt men dobbeltmoral er skidt
Unread 21st September, 2008, 10:29 PM
out of order

Want another red card? Stop that already.
Unread 22nd September, 2008, 05:36 AM
Holy Shit!!

relax m8. This guys claims he found an exploid. He can't even load a mutator but he can study the engine and find this exploid? I've studied the engine alot and i didn't see it, and i believe that goes for many others on these forums. The exploid was handed to him by a cheater or on some cheater forum, it's that simple.

I could pretend that i cared about if you banned me, but i realy don't. If you will ban me because this dude puts a smile on my face, then by all means go ahead.

Denne hjemmeside er en vittighed, humor er godt men dobbeltmoral er skidt
Unread 22nd September, 2008, 09:46 AM
out of order

It doesn't matter who found it, it only matters that someone directed people's attention to it.
Unread 22nd January, 2009, 01:35 PM
Holy Shit!!

Bit late that i saw this anyway thx for this Wormbo this should also be on ut-files it works great.

Tested it and telehacker dies when coming out the teleport. Just great wished i saw this earlier.
Unread 3rd February, 2009, 05:05 AM
Dominating

Wow glad to finally find this. This has become a huge problem in the BT community at this point. This is more of a hack not much of a program. What they do is open up the Map Editor, Find out if the map has teleporters, and relogin through the servers ip. Anyway il give this a shot! Thanks!
Unread 8th August, 2013, 12:09 AM
Dominating

Reluctant bump. Someone came into our BT server tonight and demonstrated this to me, I'd never heard about it before.

I added Wormbo's mutator to our server as soon as I found this topic. Unfortunately I can't test it at the moment because - for reasons unknown - something odd happened after updating the Server Command Line (using the web tools provided by our host), and the server won't restart. I've submitted a support ticket, so I'm in wait mode.

EDIT1: host responded very quickly, and of course it was down to my own stupidity. I make "backups" of the previous command line entries in a text file, and label them 1), 2), 3) etc. Seems I copied the number as well as the command line text when I pasted it into the edit box provided, and this overwrote the UCC entry, renaming it "3)" instead of UCC... lesson learned. Hopefully.

But I have a concern about using this, and it's related to CheckPoints. If I'm playing a map for fun, or learning or re-learning it, I very often set a CheckPoint immediately before entering a teleport because you have no idea what you're going to encounter on the other side.

I suppose that if I were to die, and respawn at a CheckPoint in very close proximity to a teleporter, the mutator would kill me? BTPlusPlus keeps a running tally of players currently in the server, so perhaps it would be possible to modify the mutator to only apply the tele/kill logic for newly entered players - does that sound feasible?

EDIT2: So, either the mutator isn't functioning, or my concerns were unfounded because I tried setting a CP as close to a teleporter as I could get it just now, and there were no respawn problems. I can't check whether the mutator is blocking "telehacking" because I don't know what the syntax is for performing it - perhaps someone could PM me a sample string?

Thanks

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 8th August, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Unread 8th August, 2013, 08:09 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiHulud View Post
I suppose that if I were to die, and respawn at a CheckPoint in very close proximity to a teleporter, the mutator would kill me? BTPlusPlus keeps a running tally of players currently in the server, so perhaps it would be possible to modify the mutator to only apply the tele/kill logic for newly entered players - does that sound feasible?

EDIT2: So, either the mutator isn't functioning, or my concerns were unfounded because I tried setting a CP as close to a teleporter as I could get it just now, and there were no respawn problems. I can't check whether the mutator is blocking "telehacking" because I don't know what the syntax is for performing it - perhaps someone could PM me a sample string?
Shai, you just solved one of the biggest misteries I encountered while developing BTCheckPoints During the BETA testing phase on FBT, many people encountered the 'endless dying' bug after setting a CP on a teleporter. Unfortunately, I was never able to understand why because I never got told that the servers were running such a mod. I quickly checked it, and yes, TeleCrap will kill the player if he respawn in a 20 unit radius near to the teleporter.

Fortunately, I implemented a small block in BTCheckpoints to prevent this from happening. Open BTCheckpoints.ini, and set 'bAllowOnTeleporters' to false. This will stop players to set a Checkpoint on a teleporter.

Edit: Additionally, you might be able to fix the problem permanently by loading the TeleCrap mutator before the BTCheckpoints mutator. In theory, TeleCrap's ModifyPlayer function will be called before BTCheckpoint respawns the player at his CP.

Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b : 8th August, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
Unread 8th August, 2013, 07:52 PM
Dominating

Heheh Well, at least some good came of it then! And thank you for the setting, I need it now - I just encountered a suicide loop when I set a CheckPoint near a key kicker (er, unless that's totally unrelated, but it seems too much of a co-incidence), so I'll be changing it!

Thanks Sp0nge!

EDIT: just as you suggested, switching the mutator order did the job instead! Thanks again

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 8th August, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Unread 11th August, 2013, 05:49 AM
Godlike

Wow nice!

irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Unread 18th September, 2013, 06:11 AM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
It's been a long time since I coded something for UT1. Guess I could try coming up with something really simple for detecting if a player specified to initially spawn at a teleporter.

[edit]
Would you prefer those players to die on spawn or would making the hack simply not work be an option as well?

[edit2]
Here ya go. Mutator name is "TeleCrap.TeleCrap" and it simply checks for spawning at a teleporter's location.
Feel free to rename, modify, source-strip, obfuscate, delete or yell at it however you want.
Attached file should work again.
Unread 18th September, 2013, 06:53 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Attached file should work again.
Thank you.

irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript