PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Ban Manager

Baiter
16th May, 2005, 11:32 PM
I'm not the Author, just found this Ban Manager that bans up to 100,000 IPs. Thought it would be useful for those of us who still use the 64 or even the 250 IP ban Managers.

UltraBan Version 1.11 -- By Willem Bermon
---------------------------------------------------------

Introduction:

Ultraban is a 100% serverside utility like a firewall for keeping your the right
people on your server. This tool was not only made for kicking cheaters but has many other uses too, like OGL matches and regulating Lan/Internet game access. The filtering of the right people is done by policies. Policies are lines
containing either an allowance or denial of an IP, name, etc.

What UltraBan has that no other UT ban utility has yet is the ability to break
down the work load. Most ban utilities parse ALL policies on the fly directly
from human readable to ban vote ultraban does not. This results in better server performance with big ammounts of policies.

Features:

-100% severside
-Up to 100000 policies. Run in stages.
-4 stage user control (Guest, Trustee, Operator and Admin).
-3 types of kicking (Kick, KickBan, PermanentKickBan)
-Can lock the server from entry of new players.
-Can be configured as a serveractor

Ultraban keeps a log of all activity on the server. This includes

-User Entry/Exit
-User Ban/Kick/PBan
-Server Locking
-User Logins

All these logged events will reveal the name and ip of the initiator and victim.
So if you are unsure about banning you can always manually enter them when reading the log.

24th May, 2005, 10:19 AM
this never worked when [BWF]GrimReaper made it. it had a major memory leak. and numerous other problems. has any of this been adressed...

OPBan is what i would recommend

SkullKrusher
24th May, 2005, 02:03 PM
no the issues have not been resolved in this version or version 112 i can attest to this as i help run some dedicated boxes that UltraBan112 was installed on. Major Lag Followed.

Sardukar
24th May, 2005, 03:23 PM
I had these problems too, and often had spontaneous crashing of the game server. Maybe this is the cause of the random crashed you have recently been posting about?

Baiter
24th May, 2005, 04:54 PM
I dont personally use it. I loaded it for a few minutes, just to see if it worked, and then posted it here for the public.

I personally use OPBAN with the SuperWebadmin System :)

kendrix
12th September, 2005, 04:21 PM
yes this thing is terrible. i have found that when banning by name is what causes the server to crash

Baiter
12th September, 2005, 06:56 PM
lol.

Someone delete this thing or fix it :P