[UTDCv16b] Altered File.....: UTPureRC7E.u
[UTDCv16b] Server Received..: CC2C029341AC459CC62C12D519A6AA1D-2
[UTDCv16b] +---------------------------------------------------+

Radar ,bot ,elflite ???
what is this guy using ???

thx in advanced

PizzaMan
30th June, 2005, 11:56 AM
Assuming it is not false, it just means that hes got a file that differs from the one you used to calculate the MD5 hash. If that file is altered, then that cant be good.

NuFF$@iD
30th June, 2005, 09:12 PM
95% of those are false. is utpure the last file to be checked in utdc`s ini?

SixtSense
1st July, 2005, 12:20 AM
95% of those are false. is utpure the last file to be checked in utdc`s ini?
Yes

NuFF$@iD
1st July, 2005, 12:32 PM
well id go with a false positive for now. nothing is showing up for that md5 so far.
to rule out such things you could check for a mod you may be running like smartctf and such,preferably a very small file. enter that as the last file checked. in theorie that will be the file that gets caught if it gets corrupted and will rule out hacked pures and the like.

the last file checked by utdc seems to get corrupted from time to time, no one knows why it happenes but it clearly does. by making a file thats not anti-cheat related become the last file checked it may help ease your mind :)
although its possable for someone to maybe have a cheat hiding in another package, it is slim they would do so for a non cheat mod knowing it will be md5 checked. with pure being so popular its always a big target.

not a great explanition but no one else is answering :P

PizzaMan
1st July, 2005, 01:03 PM
the last file checked by utdc seems to get corrupted from time to time, no one knows why it happenes but it clearly does.

Are you sure its corrupted, and not just misread? In which case the player should be able to just reconnect.

NuFF$@iD
2nd July, 2005, 09:35 PM
well we have confirmed the file gets altered by around 2-4 bytes of data @<hidden> random intervals per last file checked. the players who contacted us and were checked did idd have altered files, also happened whilst on server during map change which was even stranger.
there may be a read error but i havent come across one yet. every player its happened to that we have logged it has changed there file and they cannot re-enter server untill they remove the offending file and re-download.
i asked tnse to check one such file as it was utpure that was in question. he took a good look and said it was total nonsence and served no purpose other than to crash the players ut eventually.
theres definatly a problem and it needs fixing asap.

PizzaMan
2nd July, 2005, 10:50 PM
Ok. Based on this info I will make a fake serverpackage and have that one checked last. If I see anyone with an altered version of it, I will remove it and add a new fake one.

NuFF$@iD
6th July, 2005, 10:45 AM
if it happens to the fake file you made, try and obtain it from the person it happens to and take a look @<hidden> it. the more people we obtain info from the better our understanding.
i still belive its a problem with utdc but doubt troublesome agreas with me :)

SixtSense
7th July, 2005, 09:44 AM
thx guys lots of info again ;)