PDA

View Full Version : Ban 7872

Di'Vanessa
19th September, 2005, 10:58 PM
Moving discussion/rant about ban here.....

I have been called out in the past for aguing in the appeal forum ( not respecting the rules). This was totaly accurate and I said I wouldn't do it again.

Since then I never posted anything on any ban that wasn't a ban I originated.
Today an appeal for a ban I orginated appeared. that person was a cheater that ended up hatting me so much that he burned a 3th key ( after I banned 2 ) to bot with my name ( Para banned him then ).

I posted info about that Ban and a video of the specific game session ( bot ) that originated the ban on this appeal :

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12201

And I'm pointed to the rules again.... I'm willing to improve and not be in this kind of trouble again, but I honestly believed I did improve and was extra carreful not to post on anything on any bans not realted to our servers.

So could someone point to me what I did wrong in the post , so I do not get in this trouble again ....

PS: ( I understand I made 4 posts , but memories about the specific ban started to come back as I was digging for info about that ban in our systems ).

Di'Vanessa
19th September, 2005, 11:03 PM
So something seems wasn't clear here....

I Created this ban , Paragon's name appears in the post cause he is the one that had time to enter it in the system, but I'm the one ( admin of the same servers that para ) that banned this person and recorded the demo of him cheating, all I posted was totaly relevant and linked to this SPECIFIC ban I ORIGINATED.

PizzaMan
19th September, 2005, 11:20 PM
The only names we want to see in replies are of the person who is banned, the admin who banned them (or an admin from the relevant GISP group), and the UTAN administrator, UNLESS you have something important to say.

You are the admin who banned him, what you posted was related to the ban, and you did wait until the UTAN Administrator had posted the ban details before you posted.. so it shouldnt really be a problem.

Edit: I hate typo's

ESL|Shazz
19th September, 2005, 11:45 PM
You generally post loads of useless crap in every ban appeal, state the obvious and say what people are banned for, when its plain to see what there banned for. WHICH ISNT NEEDED

I'd love to see your access to the Ban appeal section revoked.

cC»MUnkY!
20th September, 2005, 12:05 AM
Just thought id give a little wave o/ :D

Di'Vanessa
20th September, 2005, 12:07 AM
I agree with you I wasn't following the forum rules and I stop doing so when pointed to teh rule that I should have read in the first place. Here I posted on a ban I made ( even though para entered it in the DB ).

I guess you really should revoke my access to the ban appeal, I don't see why I would need it, if I cannot post the poof to my own bans.

ShiningSquirrel
20th September, 2005, 12:39 AM
I agree with you I wasn't following the forum rules and I stop doing so when pointed to teh rule that I should have read in the first place. Here I posted on a ban I made ( even though para entered it in the DB ).

I guess you really should revoke my access to the ban appeal, I don't see why I would need it, if I cannot post the poof to my own bans.

Di'Vanessa, if you look through the recent forums you would see that more then once I have pointed the rules out to people who where not following them.
In the ban in question, I thought you where very clear in your third post when you said it was your ban. In this case, you did absolutly nothing wrong, and it is in fact kawaii and especially ESL|Shazz who where at fault.
If anyone here should have thier access revoked, it should be ESL|Shazz and not you.

Sigurd
20th September, 2005, 12:44 AM
i agree with ShiningSquirrel DI'vanessa pay them no mind keep on truckin bro

Azura
20th September, 2005, 02:32 AM
Just posting here for a few moments of fame because apparently half of unrealadmin reads Di'Vanessa's posts ^^ .

Di'Vanessa
20th September, 2005, 02:45 AM
Just posting here for a few moments of fame because apparently half of unrealadmin reads Di'Vanessa's posts ^^ .

you are the one that called me out few weeks back :redface: and pointed me to the rules to make me a more educated person :) I believe I have been nice since then.

RobotParagon
20th September, 2005, 04:15 AM
Let me clarify that, he has my full UTAN loggin and therefore is also a UTAN user. It just so happens i was there and submited the ban myself. Still he is a full UTAN user under my account.