PDA

View Full Version : new patch 3355 error discovered

~ßûsæsåßøß
3rd October, 2005, 09:31 PM
Problem:

"your client has been modified in some way. your access to the the master server has been limited. if these errors persist please reinstall UT2004 or the latest patch. authentication error."

well that's the main jist of it. Basically it denies access to everything except your favorites.

Cause:

installing all the files that were downloaded, since the 3355 patch was applied, into the game from the cache folder into their correct folders and clearing the cache.

Solution:

Run patch 3339 to revert back to version 3339 will correct the problem and you will get access back.

Explanation:

I only installed the files from the cache folder after renaming them to their correct names as per the cache.ini file instructions. These files were initially downloaded during gameplay and were downloaded after the 3355 patch was applied. They worked form the cache folder. The error didn't occur until after the files were permenantly installed to the game folders and the cache cleared. Reverting to patch 3339 was the only thing that fixed the problem, at least for me.

If you have any other info regarding this please post it here. All the above info is regarding the windows version, and doesn't apply to the linux version.

Didn't know where else to post this. just wanted to give you guys a heads up. This didn't result in a ban in any way. It was just an internal error caused by patch 3355 that resulted in an authentication error. That's all.

Thanks.

Shambler
3rd October, 2005, 09:42 PM
Actually it's a master-server error, the master server was being updated.

Sigurd
3rd October, 2005, 09:44 PM
I had gotten it once but when i relaunched game it went away
i took a screen shot
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2750/wtfhax4zn.jpg

Tyrell
4th October, 2005, 01:00 AM
I had gotten it once but when i relaunched game it went away
i took a screen shot
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2750/wtfhax4zn.jpg
Well,hi there,this screen shot remind me something else,héhé^^
There is also many differents specials warez online enablers cracks without valid cd key or with no cd key including special IXXXv.dll and EXXXXe.dll....
Those private and warez leaked files consist to try to hack and blok the master server as well!
many peoples and myself also already know those fucking specifics programs!
Then,if u have installed some of it,please,reinstall the latest 33.55 patch!
Anyway,try to reinstall the last 33.55 patch or before,33.39 patch and after the latest!
Use only a legal and valid cd key as well!
Don't use any Warez or Deviance or stolen or unknown cd keys...
That's all,lol
GL bro...
Regards...
Ohhhh and sorry again for my poor english... lol

Sigurd
4th October, 2005, 02:01 AM
yea well i have none of those installed so what ever
i wouldnt have posted the screen shot if that was the case
ive only seen that screen once and i restarted the game and its fine
only posted the screen shot to back up ~ßûsæsåßøß post since ive seen it to
and yes your english is horrible
k thx